Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you mind when they all held hands?

Definitely.

Any authority major authority figure - whether it be Stephanie, Triple H, or Vince - should be a good enough reason to have the action stop in the ring. Maybe not so much for people like Kurt, Shane/Bryan, but definitely for the other three because they're authorities of the company and not just the brands.

What should have happened, is that the brawl should have started again moments after Steph announced the match, rather them holding hands and hugging as if they're all good friends and shit. Honestly, Steph was better off announcing that via titantron more than anything else. I hate how she's practically looked at as the ambassador for the "Women's Revolution".

This isn't really an opinion but more of a theory (Unpopular Wrestling Theories coming soon from some fake ass topic stealing bitch) but I reckon the reason to the F5 suddenly started getting booked as mega strong and a move no one can kick out of is cos of Lesnar's match with Goldberg at Mania. Goldberg lost after only one F5, and he's the guy the squashed Lesnar in 86 seconds. So how would it look if afterwards, other wrestlers like Samoa Joe managed to kick out of one or even two? (I love Joe but looking at it from the perspective of historical significance/kayfabe).

It actually sort of makes sense, except the fact that mere months before the feud with Goldberg, guys like Orton and Ambrose were kicking out of them. Also no matter what, Braun should have kicked out of at least one. That match was so *censored*ing disappointing (it still hurts).

The worst part about this entire thing is that I actually do not think Reigns is bad. He is fun in the ring. He puts an honest effort into everything he does. What made me hate him before was the constant push despite his lack of mic skills and the fact that his cocky, douchey character is supposed to be a face...

Point is, even though he has grown on me, this entire forced Reigns beats Lesnar at Mania is just going to awaken that hatred again due to how *censored*ing boring and predictable the booking is.

Archived