Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

While Kazuchika is definitely one of, if not the greatest pound for pound wrestlers in the world, I actually think Jimmy Havocs' Acid Rainmaker looks better than The Rainmaker itself. Something about the way Havoc extends his arm just makes it look like it hits harder to me.

Really? I think Havoc's Rainmaker looks like garbage unless Ospreay is taking it. It's one of the few things I don't like about Havoc

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While Kazuchika is definitely one of, if not the greatest pound for pound wrestlers in the world, I actually think Jimmy Havocs' Acid Rainmaker looks better than The Rainmaker itself. Something about the way Havoc extends his arm just makes it look like it hits harder to me.

Really? I think Havoc's Rainmaker looks like garbage unless Ospreay is taking it. It's one of the few things I don't like about Havoc

Perhaps i've been lucky and only seen the better looking ones. That one he hit during the battle royal at Double Or Nothing looked great for instance, to me.

Havent really been enjoying Greg Hamiltons announcing in a while. Seems like he switched up his style or hes trying too hard now.

Ironically, I like how he announces Shane the most lol

He seems pretty thankful for his time in WWE to me, he only has negative things to say about the last year of his run for the most part.

Mox talking to sloppy about the WWE for my liking, dude should be counting his blessings hes not in CZW still performing in front of 100 people.

I hate this damn mentality. First off im sure he was happy performing in front of 100 people. Second off just cause WWE hires you doesnt mean you kiss their ass forever and third apparently hes not the only one so its a WWE problem for multiple wrestlers.

Mox talking to sloppy about the WWE for my liking, dude should be counting his blessings hes not in CZW still performing in front of 100 people.

So weird to see this coming from a huge Indy fan.

At beginning of the Jericho podcast he literally thanked the WWE for getting him back on track with his life, for him meeting his wife and for some of the best years of his life.

Almost all of his criticism is about the way his character and the creative portion of the WWE was handled in the past two years. Which goes hand in hand with what Hawkins & CM Punk said before.

I have the belief that him acting weird on that Austin podcast is what sealed his fate with Vince and booking whether he knew it or not. The timing and everything adds up. In fact I don't even think that was mentioned in the podcast with Jericho. But as far as that being happy to wrestle in front of 100 people comment, not really sure I get that logic...

I understand hes thankful but with each interview he keeps diving deeper and going harder on the company and Im saying this cause WWE made him worth while. I never saw Mox as this massive superstar. Its not like he was a Ryder type who was lower midcard dude he was a main player for years. Thousands of wrestlers would kill to be in the position hes in. He seems like a *censored*boy who broke up with his girl right now.

I understand hes thankful but with each interview he keeps diving deeper and going harder on the company and Im saying this cause WWE made him worth while. I never saw Mox as this massive superstar. Its not like he was a Ryder type who was lower midcard dude he was a main player for years. Thousands of wrestlers would kill to be in the position hes in. He seems like a *censored*boy who broke up with his girl right now.

"They never saw me as a main event guy. But the fans did. So now they had to do something with me."

I don't get it @Lunchbox.

You make it sound like he had nothing to do with his succsses. And should just bow his head on his way out.

Nothing will and can change if they all always go just "yes, master".

And he never sounded even bitter or resentful... He said it was a good time for him, he is thankful, and said also what he didn't like...

"They never saw me as a main event guy. But the fans did. So now they had to do something with me."

Fans saw Ambrose way too high man. I mean, someone like Sami Zayn or even Kevin Owens wasn't given nearly as much as Ambrose was, yet they were so much better than him while they were both in the same company.

In that sense, I think I get where Lunchbox is coming from.

Jiggy got it, he was never really a must see dude on the indies, it was kinda confusing when he got signed and he got way better and the crowd loved him. But i feel without the WWE he is still just a struggling indy dude.

The way hes talking about WWE is that he was being held down and not getting his chance to shine. And now hes talking about HHH killing the indies, just give it a rest already.

Punk had way worse shit done to him and he kinda did his few interviews and moved on with his life.

Okay, I have no idea what you mean.

You said he was given alot of stuff, unlike people like Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

I say that was the problem.

Because the stuff given to him was ridiculous. In the WWE you don't get the opportunity to prove what you can do. In the WWE you get the opportunity to read a script and do something Vince McMahon deems as funny. Sami Zayn had to go through the Lashley's Sisters segment. You wouldn't call that an opportunity, would you? Dean Ambrose entire career in the last few years boiled down to segments like these. I have never been a fan of the dude, never watched him on the indies, and these segments didn't really give me the opportunity to become one.

He was over. But he was not in a desirable position. He was in the same spot Dolph Ziggler was at the height of his popularity.

Jiggy got it, he was never really a must see dude on the indies, it was kinda confusing when he got signed and he got way better and the crowd loved him. But i feel without the WWE he is still just a struggling indy dude.

The way hes talking about WWE is that he was being held down and not getting his chance to shine. And now hes talking about HHH killing the indies, just give it a rest already.

Punk had way worse shit done to him and he kinda did his few interviews and moved on with his life.

Moxley just left the WWE and he is still wrestling.

He's getting asked these questions by other people...

Atleast give it half a year...like CM Punk

And he didn't say that HHH is killing the indies. He said that at the beginning he thought that is what is going to happen, but then the indies beccame stronger than ever, to the point that a whole new top company managed to emerge from it.

He talked about that he wouldn't be where he is if he had signed with the WWE at age 21. Same with a Bryan Danielson or AJ Styles. And that is true. But the WWE isn't hiring 21 year old, inexperienced indy wrestlers away. They're hiring veterans. People like Kevin Owens, Kings of Wresting, Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn, Tyler Black, Keith Lee, Ricochet etc. have been wrestling on the indies for ages. The only inexperienced people that the WWE hires, are people that wouldn't have gotten into the pro wrestling business without the WWE approaching them in the first place. The likes of Braun Strowman, Jason Jordan, Chad Gable, Lacey Evans and others.

Thanks to the now higher chance of being hired by a big paying company (WWE, ROH, Impact, AEW in the US), the indys constantly get new, prospering, world travelling talent.

Oh, now I see what you're getting at. Cheers. Yeah, I agree that Ambrose was given a lot of shit material to work with. His big heel turn led to a lot of stupid shit and he ended up getting thrown all over the place by Nia Jax. That was terrible.

But I was more on about that, for a long period of time, Ambrose was not the top guy, but was in that top guy-scene at least. And when he dropped down in the upper midcard-scene, he usually dominated everybody else in it, including Kevin Owens. Like the world title tournament. Rollins injured and Reigns set to win it. But Ambrose also beats Ziggler, a year after the Sting-debut and Owens in that tournament. In the same year that Owens gave Cena one of maybe three, four clean losses on a PPV in 8 years. Ambrose went over. He was picked to fight Brock Lesnar. I'd love to have seen someone like Cesaro getting picked to fight Lesnar instead, but in that period, it always felt that, if it wasn't Reigns or Roman, it was Ambrose to a smaller degree. He was eating the scraps, but still dining at the same table. And there were people who were better than him, that didn't get to sit at the table he was sitting at in that period. That also seemed like the period Ambrose was referring to, when he said "the fans wanted me as a main event-guy, so they had to do something with me".

Of course, Ambrose was given a lot of hokey shit. It got bad at the end. But for a while, I also felt like he was given too much.

Moxley was given a lot of good stuff, but at the same time he was given a lot of garbage to work with. He just wanted to go out and do his own thing. He didn't want to be portrayed as a goof.

Honestly, from what I heard in the podcast, he didn't crap on WWE, he crapped on the stupidity of their system. Even the writers said it was stupid, but it's Vince, so they just go with it.

Thank goodness he's free from the stupidity.

Archived