Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I thought too. I mean, Triple H and Stephanie are there. They know how to run a show. Is Vince paranoid that they would do a better job, and then pull an Old Yeller on him or something? Either that or Vince doesn't know whatthe heck he's doing anymore.

Nah, he's just stubborn and doesn't want to be in a position that makes him look weak. He'll never willingly cease control.

While I know they say HHH will be the one most likely in charge of creative in the future, there's still a part of me that fears Stephanie having some creative control or input -- and if there were to be the case, we will be doomed for decades to come because she's as clueless as her dad.

Nah, he's just stubborn and doesn't want to be in a position that makes him look weak. He'll never willingly cease control.

While I know they say HHH will be the one most likely in charge of creative in the future, there's still a part of me that fears Stephanie having some creative control or input -- and if there were to be the case, we will be doomed for decades to come because she's as clueless as her dad.

In fairness, I think Steph is a bit more in touch and more importantly, willing to listen to HHH than her father. Though, personally, I wish Shane was the one to take the reins.

I don't see why you'd want Shane to. When has he shown that he is capable of running a good show? Is he even a part of creative? Isn't he just a exec'?

He does have a history of being ahead of the curve, ie. having WWE on Twitter and Facebook before those things went mainstream, plus the rumour of him wanting Vince to buy out the UFC before it went big. The only downside is we've never seen his booking, and even that is an unknown rather than knowing it's terrible.

So you want someone to head a billion dollar company who has never even booked a show? I'm sure he has, but that would be a terrible business decision. You put a booker in charge of a wrestling company and you surround that booker with capable businessmen and woman (I.E Shane.) Not the other way around.

If he did get the role I would hope he would have some prior experience in booking, be it something like NXT: UK, 205Live, or some new show. It's the only downside he has, and even then, if his booking is like his business sense he would have some cool ideas ahead of its time.

Anyone just like SmackDown better than Raw because its more aesthetically pleasing on the eyes?

Going back to the ruthless aggression era to now, it just looks like a better show, visually. The blue looks better than the red IMO. Especially that ugly ass red lighting in the crowd. Its too much. The blue seems more comforting to me for some reason.

I remember liking SD so much more than RAW growing up, that sometimes I'd put most (if not all) of my favorite wrestlers on SD and leave the rest on RAW whenever I played Season Mode on HCTP. :lol:

Idk why, but through the years I've always found that most of my favorite wrestlers have always been on SD since I was younger.

Honestly yeah, I'd always pick SmackDown if I was doing GM Mode, or a co-op Universe, or anything. I was always really upset during the "RAW SuperShow" era, because SmackDown became completely meaningless.

Even during the meaningless era I started to appreciate it. It was a glorified filler show with Raw highlights, but it was so much more digestible. The visual look of it, it didnt seem like there was much pressure on it to deliver, the wrestling was generally better than Raw, 2 hours and less without commercials. Still to this day do I prefer it.

Id say Raw gets me more excited about big angles and storylines, but I dont enjoy the show as much and Im way more jaded towards it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived