Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

"Screamy music" lmao

I think "This Fire Burns" really didn't fit Orton, either. I felt like just about any song would have been better than "Burn In My Light". It's crazy to think Orton went as long as he did with that theme since he apparently hated it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'This Fire Burns' is not the type of music I would normally like at all...but, it's iconic and memorable for a specific era of CM Punk, and I'm fond of it in retrospect for that reason. I can jam to that song pretty hard...and it's only because it was Punk's theme.

And 'Burn in my Light' was a shit song too...but, again (to a lesser degree), I'm fond of that song because it represents a certain era of Orton. I feel like pro wrestling has this uncanny ability to transform the context of music into something more enjoyable.

I mean...shit...two of the biggest stars (Flair and Savage) had these two classic pieces...and you have one of two reactions when you hear them. You either think about college graduation and old films, or you think of Savage and Flair.

on the note of classical pieces...

Bryans "Ride of the Valkyries" was cool for me. Sure, his later, now current theme is assosciated with s lot of special moments, but still... I would've preffered if they kept the original

Fire Burns was awful. It was literally like "oh this guy got tattoos and likes punk music, give him screamy music that Orton doesn't want."

I think Orton liked the song, but Vince thought it didn't fit him. He hated "Burn In My Light" tho apparently lmao

Burn in my light > voices

Fire Burns was awful. It was literally like "oh this guy got tattoos and likes punk music, give him screamy music that Orton doesn't want."

Man not every cliche is bad. I hate how in 2019 everyone feels like if so and so has this, he cant have this because its too obvious. Like no its not, the song fit him perfectly at the time because its WHO HE WAS. You want him to come out to hip just because?

The song was talking about destiny's being fulfilled and controlling his own future it was clearly wayyyyy more Orton then Punk. Just come out to a good song. Cult of Personality is not only a amazing song on its own it fit Punk.

The song was talking about destiny's being fulfilled and controlling his own future it was clearly wayyyyy more Orton then Punk. Just come out to a good song. Cult of Personality is not only a amazing song on its own it fit Punk.

I don't understand this. A song with lyrics talking about "a destiny being fulfilled", etc. could be fit for just about anyone.

Fire Burns was badass. Cult was badass before it was a theme song. So nothing changes there. Fire Burns didn't come off cliche to me..

The greatest theme song is clearly Christian's At Last theme with the choir or orchestra or whatever. Entrance was epic as well.

Fire Burns was badass. Cult was badass before it was a theme song. So nothing changes there. Fire Burns didn't come off cliche to me..

The greatest theme song is clearly Christian's At Last theme with the choir or orchestra or whatever. Entrance was epic as well.

at first I was like: "wtf are you smoking", but then I realised you weren't talking about Tyler Breeze :lol:

But I could agree... I mean, I would put Dunne over him of course, and he would be in even tighter group of those wrestlers in that conversation. Solely on the fact that Dunne has already proven himself as a total package, at such a young age. But yeah, Bate can be somewhere near the top, and hopefully he continues to thrive.

His Waterproof Blonde theme was so damn good though.

I don't know if this would be popular, but it seems like ever since Mick Foley was fired as RAW GM, RAW has pretty much sucked. Maybe it's just me, but I remember when the brand split was brought back, and I remember when RAW or Smackdown didn't interact at all. RAW did it's own thing, Smackdown did it's own thing. Then they fired Foley, made PPVs cross-branded and brought in Kurt Angle as GM without realizing he was a horrid GM for Smackdown back then. I don't know if it's sponsors or Vince being bipolar or overworked, but WWE have no one to blame but themselves for this nonsense that they have produced for the last 2 1/2 years.

It's definitely Vince. As great as a promoter and character he was, he has always been mostly devoid of good creative ideas and booking logic. This was always bound to happen. It's an endless cycle and as long as he's in charge of booking and creative, it will be like this.

It's definitely Vince. As great as a promoter and character he was, he has always been mostly devoid of good creative ideas and booking logic. This was always bound to happen. It's an endless cycle and as long as he's in charge of booking and creative, it will be like this.

Sounds like Vince needs to step away for awhile because he is being a major detriment to his own company.

Archived