Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jinder's reign would've been better if he wasn't stuck facing Randy Orton over and over and over and cutting the same promo every damn week. It was an interesting scenario giving him the title, but they did everything in their power to ensure it was dull.

Oh man, i have completely missed the Jinder praise hour...i like the guy.

I see potential in the guy that could easily be grabbed.

You could do a lot of good with him alone if you spice up his Moveset and finisher.

His Title reign would have been fine but the wwe activly seemed to try and make it the worst of all time.

Its still beyond me how dumb they were in putting the title on him for India while they still tried to keep him the cowardly heel.

Of course that doesnt translate well to either the Indian nor every other WWE fan.

Thats not how you sell your product to a country...feuding with Orton didnt help either.

Would they have made him the hard working guy that took his chance and fights to stay on top, that would have been such a cool story that im sure would have worked well with the fans in india.

I think Roode & Gable had more potential as a team than people belived.

Wrong timing maybe? yes they were champions, but still... And also, that was the time where it seemed that The Revival still weren't going to be used properly.

And on that note, I don't think The Revival will be champs past WM. Kinda reminds me of The Good Brothers when they were champs.

Triple H should've went over Cena at WM 22. The aftermath and story would've been more interesting.

Agreed. They would have had so many ways to go with their rivalry if he won.

With that being said, I wish someone else other than Mr. Kennedy would have won the Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania 23.

Kennedy made sense at the time....but yeah, what a waste. I think literally anyone else could have won the match from that field and it'd have gone better. Edge ended up with it anyway, would've been cool if he slunk back to the ring after getting stretchered out post leg-drop and won it.

Same with Mania 26. Swagger winning was weird in the moment and a horrible choice in the long run. I think that was the year to give it to either Christian, MVP or Matt Hardy.

Kennedy made sense at the time....but yeah, what a waste. I think literally anyone else could have won the match from that field and it'd have gone better. Edge ended up with it anyway, would've been cool if he slunk back to the ring after getting stretchered out post leg-drop and won it.

Same with Mania 26. Swagger winning was weird in the moment and a horrible choice in the long run. I think that was the year to give it to either Christian, MVP or Matt Hardy.

Agrees. With Christian, you have him getting an opportunity to live out a dream of being a champion sooner, with MVP, you could go so many ways with the rags to riches story he had, and with Matt, his story would be the same as Christian's, but it would have the aspect of him having something to prove to his brother and himself. There were so many interesting ways to go with the briefcase that time.

Agrees. With Christian, you have him getting an opportunity to live out a dream of being a champion sooner, with MVP, you could go so many ways with the rags to riches story he had, and with Matt, his story would be the same as Christian's, but it would have the aspect of him having something to prove to his brother and himself. There were so many interesting ways to go with the briefcase that time.

Definitely.

And I guess Sandow probably completes the trifecta of awful MitB winners. Would've been great if the purpose was to turn Cody face and have him eventually win the case off of Damien, but all it did was turn Sandow into a full fledged jobber. Should've been Barrett that year.

I meant to say this a few days ago, but it feels like Rondas regressed in the ring.

Is it her regressing, or is it the company taking her training wheels off too soon and she is actually being exposed for how green she truly is?

No I just think she was more fluid in the ring when she first started. Maybe its because she doesnt have as much time to train as she did before she started ?

Someone wanna tell me what 'taking her training wheels off' actually means? Like, the actual logistics of whatever that is. Cos I don't think you know what you meant by that RyderFan.

Someone wanna tell me what 'taking her training wheels off' actually means? Like, the actual logistics of whatever that is. Cos I don't think you know what you meant by that RyderFan.

I meant as in they weren't protecting her as much, ie having her matches being called in the ring rather than rehearsed backstage prior.

Archived