Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

There's been so many good Wrestlemania themes.

Big Time, Ladies and Gentlemen, My Way, Good Feeling, Green Light, My House, Be Yourself, and Let The Good Times Roll are some that come to mind without listening to some again. I really can't choose a favorite.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically all themes from 17-24 stand out to me (except X8 which I can't remember).

X8 had a couple I think, there was "My Way" by Limp Bizkit as the Hogan V Rock match.

Spotfest wrestling is annoying as *Censored*.wanna see normal wrestling again.

I don't think you actually know what you're talking about tbh. WWE has excelled solely by it's workrate in the last decade. You wanna get rid of the one thing they have skyrocketed for the sake of 'normal' wrestling? What is normal wrestling? Wristlocks and takeovers and the occasional bear hug? Bodyslam challenges? Al Snow slamming a bowling ball into Raven's groin?

WWE has the most 'normal' wrestling on the planet today. Between all the shows there is the weekly 'WWE style', stipulation matches, British style, highflying on 205 and NXT with a good mix of all of them.

People yearn for what they think 'normal' wrestling is, but you'll get bored of it if the industry does shift that way.

WM 23 will always be my favorite as it was my first I ever watched. Also just feels the most epic to me.

WM 17 is second for me.

WM 22 was mine, I saw it after the fact on a burned DVD. I loved that WM.

WM 25 was the first one I saw while it happened.

Should have at least went to a full timer. Punk should have been the man to do it in all honesty.

Also WM19 is the best Wrestlemania.

Yep, in regards to Punk ending the streak. Especially with how they built toward that match, with Punk being in possession of the Urn and Bearer's "remains". I still laugh thinking back at everyone who complained and thought WWE "took it too far" with that angle.

And my favorite WM is 20, the return of the Phenom, Benoit winning the triple threat, Eddie coming to congratulate him and all, every match on that card was a good one.

The best chance at Cena turning heel would have been during the Nexus saga, a double turn where Cena would have started listening to the wrong people to keep his "Spot" for the good of the universe as a whole and Nexus becoming the people WWE couldn't deny. People would have bought that storyline and it would have been more intriguing then the LOLCENAWINZ vs them all. Just a thought. It is one of those times I wished they had booked it different because it could have been so much more.

Should have at least went to a full timer. Punk should have been the man to do it in all honesty.

Absolutely. I would have wanted Punk to do it in a rematch at WrestleMania 30. I think that was the correct time to end it, just the wrong guy doing it.

Would've been content with Cena doing it only if it resulted in the heel turn people wanted for so long. Face Cena doing it would've been pretty bad...

Also would've been cool with Barrett doing it at Mania 27, had the match actually happened.

I'll toss this in, that had the streak not been ended yet, either Aleister Black or Drew McIntyre would've been great choices to end it.

The best chance at Cena turning heel would have been during the Nexus saga, a double turn where Cena would have started listening to the wrong people to keep his "Spot" for the good of the universe as a whole and Nexus becoming the people WWE couldn't deny. People would have bought that storyline and it would have been more intriguing then the LOLCENAWINZ vs them all. Just a thought. It is one of those times I wished they had booked it different because it could have been so much more.

Actually it should have been the "Embrace the hate" angle with Kane. They could have had Cena pushed to the edge (like they did) in the match - but then actually realise he enjoyed beating people up and stepping on everyone to get what he wanted. Stealing Eve could have really put the seal on it, and then you simply have Cena brutally attack Ryder during that slapping segment. (Unless they ever saw anything in trying to have Ryder avenge himself)

The main issue with the Nexus angle, is that it was blurring the lines to where the fact it WAS an angle became an issue. That's dangerous in wrestling because you're supposed to treat it as a legitimate contest. In those terms, Cena was simply too powerful for the group and found a way to win. By using the heat generated from the booking, and the "burial" of the group - WWE would be saying that the match was predetermined - which from a story perspective does nothing. That's what harms a lot of WWE's big matches - because we can sometimes guess the result based on the backstage pecking order.

Archived