Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I don't watch it every week, it's a little bland tbh. I like a lot of the guys involved, but there is a serious divide between talented names and generic jobbers. Also the production is pretty bland, I guess?

Nakamura looks like he's modeling one of 2 Cold Scorpio's old Flash Funk attires.

As for NXT:UK, I'm a bit indifferent on it. I mean I watch it, but it's not required viewing at the moment.

It does kind of resemble Flash Funks attire. Man that guy was the shit.

Nakamura looks like he's modeling one of 2 Cold Scorpio's old Flash Funk attires.

As for NXT:UK, I'm a bit indifferent on it. I mean I watch it, but it's not required viewing at the moment.

Difference being Flash made the look work. The blue piece of shit Shinsuke wears has SmackDown turning into a radio show for me as I have to look away from the screen every time he wears it.

Also A. Shinsukes old lol and B. With the WWE schedule i doubt he can go like he used to in NJPW. I still love him though ahd think hes doing fine for where he is.

But yeah i liked that blue attire at first but its too plain. It just maked me think about him in that and a SD shirt at Survivor Series which drove me nuts

I wonder if people would have a problem with Shinsukes attire if this was a couple years ago and he was still IC champion of NJPW. Seems like hating Shinsuke is the cool thing to do now.

I don't think that's it. If you like it, then do you, but imo he looks like a BTEC Evel Knievel with that blue suit of his. The V-cut latex thingy is a bad look imo and it so happens to be a widely shared opinion apparently. But again, if you like it, then that should be okay too.

I don't see how hating Shinsuke is the "cool thing to do". With other stars, it's usually the case most of the time. But if you compare how Shinsuke was in NJPW to now, I don't see how anyone could be blamed for not liking the dude. It's both his fault and WWE's, but I'm not sure who should take most of the blame for how uninteresting he's been since leaving NXT. It seems like Nakamura is just phoning it most of the time, and WWE *censored*ed up by not having him win the WWE title at this point, especially after he turned heel at WM.

Also A. Shinsukes old lol and B. With the WWE schedule i doubt he can go like he used to in NJPW. I still love him though ahd think hes doing fine for where he is.

But yeah i liked that blue attire at first but its too plain. It just maked me think about him in that and a SD shirt at Survivor Series which drove me nuts

AJ Styles is older, Samoa Joe is older, Daniel Bryan is a year younger. I dont get your point. All are better workers than Shinsuke in the WWE with the same style and schedule.

He has certainly lost his aura, but it's not entirely his fault. He has certainly been phoning it in for months now, not bothering to try anything new in his matches. He's kinda like Orton in that way. However you could blame that on his inconsistent booking and his directionless and meaningless story lines. The dude could easily turn it up a notch if given something meaningful to do, but he doesn't so he isn't.

I mean he didn't even have a good match against AJ at Wrestlemania, it felt like any old B-show PPV match. I love Shinsuke and I want him to be a megastar, but you're jaded if you think none of this is happening.

I think you contradicted yourself a bit Creep. You mentioned that if he was given anything "meaningful" to do, he could turn it up a notch, yet he was receiving one of the biggest pushes in the company for the first half of the year, right around the time his work ethic began to slide downhill. You mentioned yourself, his Mania match with AJ was nothing special, and neither were any of their rematches.

I think you contradicted yourself a bit Creep. You mentioned that if he was given anything "meaningful" to do, he could turn it up a notch, yet he was receiving one of the biggest pushes in the company for the first half of the year, right around the time his work ethic began to slide downhill. You mentioned yourself, his Mania match with AJ was nothing special, and neither were any of their rematches.

To be fair, the build for their Mania match was absolute shit. It was just "DREAM MATCH!", no heat at all. They coasted way too much on their New Japan matches. If you're like me and don't watch NJPW you had zero reason to give a damn about the match. An average Divas title match in like 2010 had better build than that match.

I love Shinsuke which makes me very sad how shit he is now. I blame the booking more than anything else, but it can't be argued that he was given the chance to at least have good big-time matches (the feud with AJ primarily), but again, how much can you blame him when the matches all revolved around dick kicking? Shinsuke used to be sexy as *Censored* in New Japan and even NXT and now he's like one of the ugly blue shits you do when you've had too many blue WKDs.

Archived