Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it's because a wrestler doesn't need a world title to make a legacy. There are several hall of famers who never won a world title and it's fair to say that Braun has the potential to stand alongside Roddy Piper or Jerry Lawler one day, however, that doesn't mean he shouldn't ever get one.

What Willows is getting at is, what you said was rather redundant. No wrestler needs a fictional achievement to be worthwhile, but that doesn't mean Braun getting a world title is a bad thing.

Braun could be a star without winning a belt anyways.

It's not his fault that the company he works for is stupid.

Which is why your post was entirely redundant. That is what Willows meant. Anyone can be a star without a title, but that is not to say he shouldn't win a title.

You're just repeating yourself now without actually saying anything worthwhile.

They really messed up Braun by turning him heel. It was almost like how they turned Ryback heel at his face peak. Braun is the star Vince always wanted but hasnt fully got behind from a marketing standpoint. He has from a TV standpoint but Braun is so likable outside of the ring that he really could be mainstream

Kenny Omega has fallen off.

I don't really think this is unpopular (and I'm not really sure what's the general opinion on Kenny Omega on this site in particular), but I just wanted to bring it up since I haven't recalled anyone else saying it. I think this is another case of guy's chase toward the main title being a lot greater than the reign itself.

It reminds me of a Tweet I saw not too long ago, where someone said that "Kenny Omega has become the Drake of pro-wrestling/NJPW". :lol: Both guys put minimal effort in to most of their work nowadays unlike before; yet, people still hype their shit up just because of who they are.

Archived