Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XII

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed WCW in 2000-2001

Decent Womens division that should have had a title centered around Madusa, Dafney, and Mona (later Molly Holly in WWE) against the others.

The Cruiserweight division was still amazing.

Lots of great tag teams like the Jung Dragons, 3 Count and the Natural Born Thrillers.

Although it would have been better if they did a better job to hold on to most of the guys that went on to better things like Jericho, Eddie, Benoit, Raven, etc but oh well.

Okay. Which was the most memorable Cesaro/Zayn or Emma/Paige match pre Arrival?

And I'm talking about the good stuff. Matches that can show up without controversy in a Top 20 NXT match list?

Just saying, the pre-Arrival match they had, the 2/3 falls, got "Match of the Year!" chants and had the entire wrestling world talking. I think it became the first NXT match that was raved about by the main WWE sites, and was probably a big part of NXT being given a bigger platform.

THAT SAID, modern NXT trumps the NXT of the past very easily for me. I think this current era, from last Brooklyn to now, and the Neville/Zayn/Breeze/Kidd/Balor/KO era of like 2015/early 16 are the two best that NXT has had.

I will say, Reigns does look damn right with the Universal title. Maybe its because that vanilla gorilla held it hostage for so long that anyone would look good with it now, but Roman does look sweet with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not like those Rollins/Big E matches. I was a mark for pre-debut Rollins for some reason, thats really the only reason I tolerated them. Big E was a pretty awesome heel though for NXT. I think that shouldve lasted a bit longer.

I liked Lana's character better back then. It was much stronger when she was doing most of the talking for Rusev but I get that he doesn't need that anymore.

She just needs to be like that for herself now though if they're even still trying to have her eventually be a serious wrestler.

Archived