Hurricane Irma

TeamIconic

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no safe spot in florida this storm,iis as bog as Florida is

Can you please talk in a language we understand? And stop making "end of the world scenarios" I or we want to collect facts as much as possible instead of trolling.

Or is your next post "everyone in Florida will die"

There is no safe spot in florida this storm,iis as bog as Florida is

Can you please talk in a language we understand? And stop making "end of the world scenarios" I or we want to collect facts as much as possible instead of trolling.

Or is your next post "everyone in Florida will die"

Well currently Irma's bigger than the state of Ohio at around 400 miles,wide florida total length is 460 miles long this storm is wider then the whole state if it goes straight up Florida there no where safe

Ok, can you please stop posting here? You know even less about hurricanes than i do and you are in no way helpful

He is right about the Ohio thing, or at least I've heard something similar.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/weather/2017/09/06/how-big-hurricane-irma-compared-ohio/637139001/?cookies=&from=global

But people just need to be smart during the Hurricane. Homes and vehicles can be replaced. People and pets can't. If you think you might be in danger, go somewhere, anywhere and wait it out.

Ok, can you please stop posting here? You know even less about hurricanes than i do and you are in no way helpful

Not really living in Florida my whole life

doesn't take a genius we know how big irma is all u have to do is look up the length of Florida,again easy to,find out with Google we know the hurricane is,about as big as the whole,state as off right now

http://nbc4i.com/2017/09/05/how-big-is-hurricane-irma-compared-to-ohio/

http://www.dimensionsinfo.com/what-is-the-size-of-florida/

This storm is bigger right now then the state

The saying is going to be worse than Andrew ironically it's 25 year anniversary of Andrew from the path they're predicting right now it's pretty much going to same path as Matthew did but it's going to be a weaker Category 3 so it be weaker then matthew if it hits near me

Mate don't bother, he's been doing it for years. Just ignore him, no one gives any credence to anything he says anyway.

Austin you living in Florida certainly explains a lot. It explains that some trailer trash woman banged an alligator and he popped out.

He may be right about the one thing with Ohio but all he does here is creating panic. I told him i have friends there and is not in any way helpful to make it even worse, as i just wanted facts as much as possible and not his "world ending scenarios" And i'm very certain that whole Florida feel be effected, but even i knew before that every city will be under different impacts.

And reading an article where it says people are fleeing to Orlando and other central areas really helped me to calm down.

So you are right. I should not listen to him in any kind of form. You other people have been much more helpful.

There are a lot of people in the US saying the media is creating a lot of panic anyway while other wethermen say that everybody should stay calm. It is not certain that Irma will hit land at all and in some reports it sounds like it surely will and it will be the biggest chaos ever.

I read so much different things i just don't know what the truth is anymore

Well, the truth is...everyone should be worried. There's no sense in sugar coating things. The situation is dire. Every indication points at the storm being (factually) very bad for the state of Florida. The media isn't "creating panic"...they're trying to convey the weather to people, and warn them to get out of harms way. It isn't fake news. It isn't something that can be conveniently ignored. It's a gigantic hurricane...and it will do hurricane things. The best course of action is to leave Florida before it happens, and then return when it's safe to do so. If you have friends there, they will probably be okay. They might have a shitty week...but they (probably) won't die. Still...they shouldn't be there. They should leave. Again, the odds of them being fine are probably higher than the odds of them being in mortal danger...but no one can guarantee their safety. They need to be smart.

It's incredibly hard not.to.cause.panic when dealing with a storm of this scale. It really did a number on the Caribbean. Wind speeds a predicted to drop 25% percent roughly when it hits FL but it could still do a lot. Just hope for the best.

Austin, are you staying or what?

Mate don't bother, he's been doing it for years. Just ignore him, no one gives any credence to anything he says anyway.

Austin you living in Florida certainly explains a lot. It explains that some trailer trash woman banged an alligator and he popped out.

It still doesn't explain how he owns a house and is working on his masters degree, if that is indeed true.

It still doesn't explain how he owns a house and is working on his masters degree, if that is indeed true.

always been good with numbers and money

?

I'm staying it should be really weaken time it hits north Florida

in fact i bought a kite

always been good with numbers and money

?

I'm staying it should be really weaken time it hits north Florida

in fact i bought a kite

Is nobody going to comment about that last line?

Tenants in Colony Park in West Palm Beach, Florida have been warned by their property management company Services Taylor Made ((407) 732-6850) that they are prohibited from putting shutters on their windows as a safety measure against the approaching Hurricane Irma.

The company sent a letter to Colony Park tenants stating, "Understand that while we empathize with your need to protect your personal property, boarding up your residence is NOT something you are allowed to do" but offering no explanation for the rule.

There are shutters available, and they have been deployed for previous storms. Some tenants have vowed to break into the storage cupboards, liberating the shutters and hanging them in order to save their homes.

“Previous years we’ve had property managers that have allowed the maintenance men to open up the doors and the tenants would go in and get the shutters that are underneath the steps over here and they supplied the bolts," she said.

However, when she asked about doing the same this year, a manager told her they're not allowing it.

"When I asked her today, she said, 'Corporate said no, no shutters.' I’m like wait a second, the governor said make a plan, get it done," Vargas said.

https://boingboing.net/2017/09/08/services-taylor-made.html

Archived