WWE Signs Lio Rush

Guest Fight Me.

Oh, he's THAT guy. I was completely dumbfounded that any professional wrestler would take no-selling THAT far. He's gonna have to do a lot to win me over because of that shit.

It's a gimmick.

Undertaker being a *censored*ing undead wizard is in the same boat. It's staged wrestling.

That's what I read. Whatever gimmick he uses in CZW is the reason he did what he did. Something to do with "feeling a rush" and withstanding damage Hogan style.

I love wrestling. But can't say I take it seriously enough to be bothered by things like this. Or by the Mick Foley/Joey Ryan situation. Actually, whoever's bothered by the latter needs to get a life.

I've only seen pictures of the gimmick, but had no idea what it was. When I first saw the vid, I just thought it was more of him just being like "Lol who *censored*ing cares, this is my last match before joining WWE."

I guess i'm in the minority here but i always thought this guy flat out sucks. The definition of a spot monkey. No ring psychology, doing just moves for the sake of doing moves, and his selling is few and far between.

A long time in the performance center might do him a world of good before ever debuting.

Let's GO!!!!!! Been waiting so long for this! But I'm scared at how he'll eventually be booked and misused.

I don't mean this negatively, or to sound mean in any way, but he has been a singles wrestler for less than two years. How does that qualify as "so long." Especially since he's still new to the business.
He's actually been wrestling for close to 3 years. He's from where I'm from. I've seen him do small shows here in Maryland. Met him a few times as well. So when I say "so long" it's a form of someone I've met and someone from my homeplace that's making it to the big time. I've also thought of several matches I've wanted to see him work. Does that answer your question?

That's cool as hell man. Always great to see someone from your area make it.

Similar story with the guy in my avatar, but that'd be going off topic. :P

Let's GO!!!!!! Been waiting so long for this! But I'm scared at how he'll eventually be booked and misused.

I don't mean this negatively, or to sound mean in any way, but he has been a singles wrestler for less than two years. How does that qualify as "so long." Especially since he's still new to the business.
He's actually been wrestling for close to 3 years. He's from where I'm from. I've seen him do small shows here in Maryland. Met him a few times as well. So when I say "so long" it's a form of someone I've met and someone from my homeplace that's making it to the big time. I've also thought of several matches I've wanted to see him work. Does that answer your question?
That's cool as hell man. Always great to see someone from your area make it.

Similar story with the guy in my avatar, but that'd be going off topic. :P

Thanks bro. Hell Yeah it is. And he's super humble which makes it a bit more special. On the topic of your avatar, guy looks dope.

Ski Mask the Slump God in case you're wondering ?

On the topic of Rush, I hope WWE can fine tune him so he's more substance than style. If they can make his moves mean more, he could be a huge asset for NXT or 205 Live in the future. Especially at the age of only 22.

Was that table spot no sell, a planned thing between the two wrestlers and promotion bookers or is that something he just decided to and pull an ultimate warrior?

Of course it was a planned thing...

Was that table spot no sell, a planned thing between the two wrestlers and promotion bookers or is that something he just decided to and pull an ultimate warrior?

He's usually a decent seller but that spot was a HUGE wrestling taboo. So I just hope he doesn't try that stunt at an NXT Takeover or something

Jim Cornette gave him hell for that spot

Who cares?

I guess i'm in the minority here but i always thought this guy flat out sucks. The definition of a spot monkey. No ring psychology, doing just moves for the sake of doing moves, and his selling is few and far between.

A long time in the performance center might do him a world of good before ever debuting.

I haven't seen much of his stuff, just a few PWG matches and a few others but if that's the case I think a little time in Japan maybe would've been the best for him, he's very young, he'd have plenty of time to go to WWE after.

Also is he any good on the mic?

If you're a wrestling purist, you shouldn't concern yourself with CZW.

It's like complaining about that one time Kenny Omega wrestled a 9yo, knowing full well what the promotion he did it in stands for and still allowing yourself to get upset over it.

6 star match tbh

Ski Mask the Slump God in case you're wondering ?

On the topic of Rush, I hope WWE can fine tune him so he's more substance than style. If they can make his moves mean more, he could be a huge asset for NXT or 205 Live in the future. Especially at the age of only 22.

Def will check him out. And I agree with everything you said about Lio. He's still young so he can definitely stand to fine tune some areas.

Archived