I'm surprised

Motor_City_Mayham

1. DIY is a WWE creation

2. They've been booked fantasticly

3. And Cody... maybe in the ring. Which can be expected, with gaining experience

I thought Garango and Ciampa were tag teams outside of the wwe
they were... After being teamed up in the innagural Dusty Rhodes Tag-Team classic and becoming NXT regulars

I disagree about Cody Rhodes. He did better in WWE than the indies so far. WWE's buliding a huge feud with Ciampa and Gargano. Their still big stars in NXT. The Club should be used better. There's no reason why they shouldn't get a decent reaction. Considering they were apart of the hottest stable in a long time. If you didn't know their history. They just see like two bald guys imitating The Kliq. Atleast in Japan they had something that made them different yet similar to The Kliq. Anderson was the machine gun. Gallows was the outlaw with cool face paint.

WWE/NXT has a better track record with properly using these big names than not. Frankly, the "WWE wastes/ruins talents" argument is so outdated and downright incorrect, that I don't have much else to say about the subject. With the exception of Gallows and Anderson being used shitty, I'd be hard pressed to write an extensive list of other people who are being screwed.

I disagree about Cody Rhodes. He did better in WWE than the indies so far. WWE's buliding a huge feud with Ciampa and Gargano. Their still big stars in NXT. The Club should be used better. There's no reason why they shouldn't get a decent reaction. Considering they were apart of the hottest stable in a long time. If you didn't know their history. They just see like two bald guys imitating The Kliq. Atleast in Japan they had something that made them different yet similar to The Kliq. Anderson was the machine gun. Gallows was the outlaw with cool face paint.

I like Cody as a heel, I liked him as part of Legacy and his Dashing gimmick but team up with goldust and being stardust were lame..

Then you got wrestlers like Barrett and Swagger who started off good and wwe gave them bad gimmicks

WWE/NXT has a better track record with properly using these big names than not. Frankly, the "WWE wastes/ruins talents" argument is so outdated and downright incorrect, that I don't have much else to say about the subject. With the exception of Gallows and Anderson being used shitty, I'd be hard pressed to write an extensive list of other people who are being screwed.

I know your opinion probably differs on this but the only one I'd say got screwed is Austin Aries. And that's because they stuck him in a struggling division and set him up for failure in a way because as much as I hate to say it, even the king himself isn't exactly over.

Even Gallows and Anderson have at least held the straps and tend to win more than they lose even though it's mostly meaningless (like their wins against Hardy's and Show/Enzo).

Otherwise, I agree with you.

I wouldn't say Cody's career since leaving has been good; or at least nowhere near as good as many people were hoping/expecting. Compared to a lot of other wrestlers outside of WWE, Cody Rhodes seems to be really *censored*ing average -- and it shows most of the time, lol.

And I 100% agree with Generations on the tired, lame ass argument of "WWE wastes/ruins talent" - especially for guys who come in to the company from the indies. It seems like fans are failing to realize that a majority of today's roster is filled with guys who made a name for themselves in promotions outside of WWE, lol.

Aries got screwed? News to me. He was over as hell, got injured, WWE still kept him on as a commentator (something they never had to do)...again, he got massively over in that role. Then he finally returned to action...would have undoubtedly been champion soon after...and he quit. Aries screwed Aries. Nothing he's going to do outside of WWE at this point in his career will compare to what was offered to him in the WWE. He can still go, but he's had his time in the sun.

Knew you'd disagree.

I don't think he was over during his 205 Live run. Hell, I don't think Neville's over. I don't think many people give a shit about that title or division.

Point is, if he was given a SD or RAW run outside that division, I reckon he'd still be there.

Nah. He's over on the internet. Rightfully so.

But you can't tell me he gets a great reaction every week on RAW. And you'd be straight up lying if you tried to claim he got a reaction when the CW was being defended on PPV's (outside of the pre-shows).

I'm a fan of the guy and I'd like to be wrong. But my ears and eyes say otherwise...

Neville isn't over, 205 basically saved his WWE career if it wasn't for the 205 live show that helped turned Neville into a heel, he would be gone

What? You open by saying he's not over...then go on to state that 205 Live saved his career? Are you thinking that "over" means he's finished? We're talking about being "over" with the crowd...popular...having support in his career. Neville is definitely over. He always gets a solid reaction.

I'd say that Neville is more over now as a monster CW-champ than he would've been, had he returned as a member of the main openweight division (ha, that's a thing now) and that he can use that momentum to transition back into that division as a big deal. But I also think that, in general, Neville has peaked in the CW-division and people are now done with it and don't really care about it anymore. So he probably shouldn't stay in it for much longer or he'll get the same dead reaction everybody else is getting.

Does ANYONE in 205 Live get a consistent solid reaction? Admittedly, I barely watch 205 Live, but whenever I see a CW match on RAW or on a PPV, the fans never seemed to completely invested in to them, and I can't blame them.

Nope. Which is my point...

I can totallly see Aries leaving due to being stuck in that shitty division.

Yep. If that's the case "Aries didn't screw Aries", because if he was unhappy with traveling a whole lot for being in a place where you can't do much and peopel would probably sour on you, then good for him that he left. Better to leave on your own terms then be miseable. And he still has options outside even though he is past his prime...

Archived