IGN Hands On (New info)

fallofparadise

I hope that Superstars will have the option of NOT having the Carry(UCM) system. It's ok for certain characters but I don't wanna see everyone doing it.

everyone has it but it's based on their strength.

Thanks for the info. What positions are there besides Powerbomb, Fireman's carry etc and how many does each Superstar have?

Are the moves performed from the selected Carry system selectable in Move Edit?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that Superstars will have the option of NOT having the Carry(UCM) system. It's ok for certain characters but I don't wanna see everyone doing it.

everyone has it but it's based on their strength.

You've played?

Pretty sure he actually works for 2K, or something

Players will also find that kicking out has gotten a little trickier. One thing that avid franchise fans noted, coming out of 2K17, was that it was too easy to predict when to click the X or A button to prevent a pinfall. Now the kick-out window placement is not only harder to predict, but the speed of the rotation quickens depending on the strength of the executed move. It's these kinds of little changes and updates, whether done at the behest of casual fans or hardcore ones, that all work together to create a more rounded wrestling experience.

Tbh, I worry about this.

Too easy? Maybe sometimes...but not always. Predicting the speed of the meter was the entire point of being able to kick out at all. If you're completely unprepared for the placement of the bar or the quickness of the meter...then how can you even have the slightest chance to kick out? I don't know...having a more challenging kickout features sounds nice in theory...but the way they explained it just sounds bad.

I play with friends, and I'm going to be pissed if I eat some bullshit pin just because the game goes haywire with the speed and placement of the kickout meter. Having those matches with 5 or 6 kickouts from the tiniest little sliver of meter were always awesome. Everyone feels good after those. You're pumped. Even the loser is happy because it was so back and forth. The tension builds and builds...your heart starts racing because you're not sure if you can pull it off again during the next pin attempt. But if you get a tricky meter after one finish, and you miss it...welp...that's going to feel like shit. But, yeah...point is, you're supposed to be able to predict where the meter will be. It's the only way to kick out. You have exactly three chances at it (sometimes only two, if you automatically lose one chance). If you can't predict it...then seriously, what the *Censored*?

Of all the things to change, I really didn't think the pin meter was one of them.

Yep looks like UCM isn't optional. Well, that sucks. I'll probably put everyone's strength to 0 and turn off Weight Detection, see if that works.

Yeah, hopefully there will be some sort of work around

Well they the same way the last game they had them in I just wonder if you gave a pic what kind UCM move can do

That's what I'm hoping for too. Give us the option of choosing what UCM's we have. I don't want my Legend wrestlers like Flair, Dusty, Hogan(caw)... Powerbombing and Chokeslamming people. If they're going for realism, this is a bad start. This is the only issue I've heard about the game so far that's upsetting.

Players will also find that kicking out has gotten a little trickier. One thing that avid franchise fans noted, coming out of 2K17, was that it was too easy to predict when to click the X or A button to prevent a pinfall. Now the kick-out window placement is not only harder to predict, but the speed of the rotation quickens depending on the strength of the executed move. It's these kinds of little changes and updates, whether done at the behest of casual fans or hardcore ones, that all work together to create a more rounded wrestling experience.

Tbh, I worry about this.

Too easy? Maybe sometimes...but not always. Predicting the speed of the meter was the entire point of being able to kick out at all. If you're completely unprepared for the placement of the bar or the quickness of the meter...then how can you even have the slightest chance to kick out? I don't know...having a more challenging kickout features sounds nice in theory...but the way they explained it just sounds bad.

I play with friends, and I'm going to be pissed if I eat some bullshit pin just because the game goes haywire with the speed and placement of the kickout meter. Having those matches with 5 or 6 kickouts from the tiniest little sliver of meter were always awesome. Everyone feels good after those. You're pumped. Even the loser is happy because it was so back and forth. The tension builds and builds...your heart starts racing because you're not sure if you can pull it off again during the next pin attempt. But if you get a tricky meter after one finish, and you miss it...welp...that's going to feel like shit. But, yeah...point is, you're supposed to be able to predict where the meter will be. It's the only way to kick out. You have exactly three chances at it (sometimes only two, if you automatically lose one chance). If you can't predict it...then seriously, what the *Censored*?

Of all the things to change, I really didn't think the pin meter was one of them.

I'm nervous and worried about the new kick out difficulty but the rest sounds great!

the size of the gauge actually gets bigger w/ each count though on balance, the minimum size is significantly smaller. a bit of randomness to it but it's balanced in the sense that you absolutely can hit the meter - regardless how small it is - if you are quick enough.

The gauge gets bigger? That doesn't even make sense.

I'll wait and see. But I'm going to reiterate that I don't think the kickout system needed to change at all. An ability to kickout shouldn't be randomized (which is what this is sounding more and more like)...an ability to kickout should be based on skill and precision (which it already was).

I certainly do. It was way to easy to kick out of, I was kicking out after being hit with 5 or 6 finishers at times, and often times had to wait to kick out after two in order to preserve some semblance of drama.

Wait maybe they just worded it wrong but from what I gather about selling the longer than match is the less they're going to sell for

I think they meant "selling" as in the time the wrestler is visibly reacting to the pain as opposed to just being laid out.

I certainly do. It was way to easy to kick out of, I was kicking out after being hit with 5 or 6 finishers at times, and often times had to wait to kick out after two in order to preserve some semblance of drama.

Not sure what your play habits are/were...but did you play with other human players?

I had 40-50 minute matches in 2K17 with human players as part of our league, and those matches were always high drama. I'm talking about kicking out of the tiniest little sliver of bar imaginable. Literally, having the space that you need to stop in be the same size as the needle itself. Impossible timing. The current system did it's job. You knew you were working for the kickout. It didn't feel easy to get those kickouts. There was always an immense sense of relief when I got one. It doesn't need to be so hard that you miss because you get tricked by the placement and movement of the meter. It should be as hard as it needs to be, to make you anxious. And it already did that. Kicking out at the absolute last moment of a 2.9 count felt rewarding in 2K17. That's all I know.

I'm just hoping the changes are not as severe as they sound.

Not sure what your play habits are/were...but did you play with other human players?

I had 40-50 minute matches in 2K17 with human players as part of our league, and those matches were always high drama. I'm talking about kicking out of the tiniest little sliver of bar imaginable. Literally, having the space that you need to stop in be the same size as the needle itself. Impossible timing. The current system did it's job. You knew you were working for the kickout. It didn't feel easy to get those kickouts. There was always an immense sense of relief when I got one. It doesn't need to be so hard that you miss because you get tricked by the placement and movement of the meter. It should be as hard as it needs to be, to make you anxious. And it already did that.

I'm just hoping the changes are not as severe as they sound.

Yes I do. Not online, because online is cancer, but I play couch co-op very often with people.

Yes I do. Not online, because online is cancer, but I play couch co-op very often with people.

Okay...so I'm finding your stance on this hard to understand.

How small has your meter been? Those kickouts when the meter is the same size as the needle are NOT easy to get. Are you suggesting that they are?

Archived