Could anyone ever challenge WWE again?

King Tha Row

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus heel turn ftw.

And on topic no. WWE is far too massive and covers so much different media that i dont see any other company getting to that level.

I disagree on "no". Bigger business empires than WWE have fell hard and some are even failing right now. But like I said, it's not going to be any time soon. Maybe decades

Jesus heel turn ftw.

And on topic no. WWE is far too massive and covers so much different media that i dont see any other company getting to that level.

Well that's *censored*ing rude. Reported.

Jesus heel turn ftw.

And now God turned heel as well...

Always knew the devil was actually the face of this whole angle. I'm rooting against you Creep

Jesus heel turn ftw.

And now God turned heel as well...

Always knew the devil was actually the face of this whole angle. I'm rooting against you Creep

Lmao

As much as i love NJPW most of their events being in Japanese really holds them back. The G1 was so fantastic but a majority of it wasn't in English and i know for alot of people that could be a huge turn off. But honestly talent/storyline/wrestling wise they could easily take on the WWE.

Another thing is the time difference. People use to not watch Smackdown because it wasnt live, same would probably go for NJPW shows that happen at 5am EST if they are going live.

Not a chance. WWE's presence is way too strong. Maybe if the internet didn't exist.

and people saying NJPW, they don't stand a chance. Casuals aren't going to tune in. TNA at its prime struggled to beat game show NXT.

TNA were number two

and casuals as in, they just watch WWE cuz it happens to be on TV, don't really check up online and shit. Probably believe it's real.

TNA was number two, by default, not because they earned it or anything. They are garbage and it's unfair to use them as a measuring stick.

And if UFC can get the viewership they have with a compelling product, then so can NJPW if they have a compelling enough product. Yes, it wouldn't be instantaneously, but in a decade or two it could happen.

And lastly, people flock to different shows all the time in general. If soap opera A is sucking and soap opera b is new and is doing much better, than logically people will jump shows. Simple.

WWE could be challenged again. WCW was able to do it thanks to financial backing, and I don't see why a company couldn't without money as well. But then again, the competition would probably have to sign big names that aren't such parasites and can deliver.

Think of when WWE got the most popular it has ever been; the Attitude Era. It was then when they completely destroyed their competition and they've been unmatched since. I honestly think a company would need a boom like that to be able to compete with WWE which is very unlikely.

hmm, truth be told I think it is quite possible for a new company to challenge WWE again. While WWE is a juggernaut again, it's also losing fans, no? The new competition can do what WCW did, make the product edgy and cool while pumping money into hiring well-known talents. And if whoever is/are in charge of the company learn from WCW's mistakes, they might actually be able to beat WWE.

Didn't WCW lose ratings because of bad storylines and internal politics? If the new company manages to avoid all that shit, it could do what WCW failed to do and crush WWE. Hell, TNA in its early days offered something new and refreshing as well, which allowed it to rise despite WWE. Maybe Jarrett's new promotion could be the company to take on WWE.

Archived