U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

So there's a proposition to break California into three different states, and a lot of people are saying it's a bad idea because it'll add two republican states (north and south?) while the third state will be democratic. Hope that doesn't happen if true.

Also, Trump and the republicans under fire for putting immigrant children in cages. It's disgusting how they're even dehumanizing and abusing children.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/toddler-cage-photo/

http://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5

Oh, I thought the toddler cage photo was during Obama Administration.

So there's a proposition to break California into three different states, and a lot of people are saying it's a bad idea because it'll add two republican states (north and south?) while the third state will be democratic. Hope that doesn't happen if true.

Also, Trump and the republicans under fire for putting immigrant children in cages. It's disgusting how they're even dehumanizing and abusing children.

http://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5

And people like Trump... why again? Mass shootings every 3 weeks, and little kids in cages. What an awesome presidency this has been.

They like Trump because he voices bigotry and makes it okay. Same people who love Trump for his stance on "illegal" immigration and Middle East said Obama encouraged illegal immigration and was a Muslim or too friendly to Muslims even though he's been just as bad, if not worse. I seriously wish the liberals and left spoke up under Obama like they are under Trump.

It was, but I believe the whole putting teens in cages has been going on for a time (Probably before Bush Sr.) it needs to come to an end. I'm not going to personally blame Trump, after didn't blame Obama when he did nothing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Republicans now propose penalties for states that oppose offshore drilling. Lovely.

What a nice dictatorship we live in.

Eventually most anti-Trump musicians will be censored as well and all well have is basically country music. Get ready to start blasting Toby Keith and Shawnia Twain at your next social gathering.

And people like Trump... why again? Mass shootings every 3 weeks, and little kids in cages. What an awesome presidency this has been.

They like Trump because he voices bigotry and makes it okay. Same people who love Trump for his stance on "illegal" immigration and Middle East said Obama encouraged illegal immigration and was a Muslim or too friendly to Muslims even though he's been just as bad, if not worse. I seriously wish the liberals and left spoke up under Obama like they are under Trump.

It was, but I believe the whole putting teens in cages has been going on for a time (Probably before Bush Sr.) it needs to come to an end. I'm not going to personally blame Trump, after didn't blame Obama when he did nothing

If these presidents knew about it and did nothing, then they deserve all the blame. No child should ever have to live like this or even be separated from their parents, and no families should be broken up just because they're not "legal." All US is doing is sending people back to their deaths when they left for safety in the first place.

If these presidents knew about it and did nothing, then they deserve all the blame. No child should ever have to live like this or even be separated from their parents, and no families should be broken up just because they're not "legal." All US is doing is sending people back to their deaths when they left for safety in the first place.

What I mean is they all need to take equal blame, I won't call Trump out on this (mainly because there several things to blame him for) and because I didn't call the others out on this. It would only make me look like I'm bias. And It is very sad, it is even more sad that these people as parents are coming here knowing that that could happen. These parents and the government should both be ashamed of themselves. The parents for expecting something ILLEGAL to be ok. Do it the right way. And the government for making it happen. Parents and the government need hung for knowingly putting their kids in this situation. What good parent knowingly brings their kids to a country where they know what is happening? What government does it? Two separate answers and both to blame.

Why would you look biased calling out the current president for continuing this cycle? Those who have the power to stop this or at least, help it gain awareness, should be held accountable.

Why should the parents be ashamed of themselves for wanting to have a better life for them and their kids? The right way doesn't always work, and it takes too long. Should the parents stay in their country where their lives are in danger, or where their kids are in danger, when they could come into a safer country? There have been reports where immigrants deported back to their countries were killed by the very same people they fled from.

The government are the ones to blame, not parents who are desperate enough to come in illegally for safety.

That's if their coming for safety reasons, but that's not always the case. And I believe we need to reform immigration laws so the process is faster. But if your an adult sneaking into place illegal, your very well aware that you can get caught and be punished (not saying the kids should be.) but your putting your kids in harms way doing so, because you don't know what exactly would happen to them. And what I mean by call out Trump is simply not completely blame him for it, I would inform he should take action. But I wouldn't be one of those people who says this is all your fault, you know pin the blame squarely on him

It's gonna make you look bias? Well ... so what?

You didn't call him out, but you recognise that every administration has done things like that. So Trump goes away, the cycle continues... and the same reason can come up again.

The whole bias things always irked me. Bias... biased about what? Wanting for other peopel to have a good life?

People would quickly call out others on "bias" or whatever just to get into conflict, while the problem still persists. Or won't call out Trump because, because "other have done it too"... Ok, well, he is the present. Not just talking about you right now don't get me wrong, I'm not "attacking you", I hear from other people too. Or like, when people hsit on Trumps policies and go like: "well yeah I don't defend him BUT...", and proceed to get into conflict about something thye don't sopposedly defend. So why waste time and energy on arguing? It often comes in pretense of trying to be "objective".

That's if their coming for safety reasons, but that's not always the case. And I believe we need to reform immigration laws so the process is faster. But if your an adult sneaking into place illegal, your very well aware that you can get caught and be punished (not saying the kids should be.) but your putting your kids in harms way doing so, because you don't know what exactly would happen to them. And what I mean by call out Trump is simply not completely blame him for it, I would inform he should take action. But I wouldn't be one of those people who says this is all your fault, you know pin the blame squarely on him

If the parents know the possible danger and still try to "illegally" immigrate, then that should tell you how dangerous things are for them back home.

We got it, but it doesn't matter. He's the one in power right now, he's the one who can try to do something about it. It's about blame, it's about doing something to stop this shit from happening. Trump won't do it, so he's just as guilty. I don't get why people complain about Trump getting criticisms when he says stupid things and is the *censored*ing president, and these people are the same ones who attacked Obama for something as dumb as wearing a tan suit or something.'

It's gonna make you look bias? Well ... so what?

You didn't call him out, but you recognise that every administration has done things like that. So Trump goes away, the cycle continues... and the same reason can come up again.

The whole bias things always irked me. Bias... biased about what? Wanting for other peopel to have a good life?

People would quickly call out others on "bias" or whatever just to get into conflict, while the problem still persists. Or won't call out Trump because, because "other have done it too"... Ok, well, he is the present. Not just talking about you right now don't get me wrong, I'm not "attacking you", I hear from other people too. Or like, when people hsit on Trumps policies and go like: "well yeah I don't defend him BUT...", and proceed to get into conflict about something thye don't sopposedly defend. So why waste time and energy on arguing? It often comes in pretense of trying to be "objective".

I feel attacked, but I agree.

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-fi-farms-immigration/

Apparently, farms do need immigrants. Who knew.

If this is the first time you're hearing about it, you shouldn't worry that much about bias.

The real bias lays with the media and the people who closed their eyes to the situation when they knew about it.Conservative Glenn Beck has been talking about this issue since 2014. The rest of the media is just learning about this now? No, they've always known. However Trump is president so thats why we're talking about it. Just like if Hillary won, we wouldn't be talking about it.

True but all Hillary seems to want to do is have a pity party. I feel like every couple of months it's "This is why I lost." I'm also way more annoyed by the people who didn't get out and vote instead of people who voted for Trump. Also on my earlier discussion I get what your saying, I also see it like this you know there's a consequence if you get caught, which could cause a problem for your kid, you end up putting him in a bad situation no warning. By no means do agree with what is being done it's high risk high reward ordeal

Well, Hillary is also posting some good things, but I do think she's having a pity party as well and shifting the blame on others instead of herself.

Personally, I don't see it as a high reward because the only thing that happens is the families might be safer, but that's a strong might. They also have to worry about housing, food, job, and getting caught. And again, which one is a worse situation? Being held in a cage in US, or being marked for death in their own country?

Plus, it looks like we do need immigrants, "legal" or otherwise, based on the link I posted above. As most people thought, most Americans aren't willing to do the jobs that immigrants do. But then again, I see job thievery as a myth shared by less competent people who can't understand that businesses are responsible for hiring, not immigrants.

On the immigration thing....

Yeah, it's pretty disgusting to see how Trump and his administration are handling this thing.

Trumps obnoxious tweets, and Sanders "handling" the attacks and continuing to shifting the blame on Democrats. Jesus *censored*ing christ if you really wanna "stick it to them" and show yourself in good light, then you should fix what nobody has fixed for a decade? But no, you need your idiotic wall, and continue with nonsense immigration policy.

Of course politicians were doing whatever for the longest time, but come on... this is a new level of disgusting. Shouldn't the priority be on FIXING THE PROBLEM? "But.. but... but... they didit too!" Nope, not like this.

And I rarely write things like this on here really...But damn, wake the *Censored* up, they are torturing kids, and freaking lie. It was their decision, in the present. Sessions announced this policy almost two months ago. And no, things weren't like this before.

On a side note... It's so creppy watching Sanders even more now. And I don't believe that she hasn't got a problem with what she is saying and who and what she is defending. Everyday she looks more uncomfortable... I kinda feel bad for her. Maybe.

In a way it is cuz he's also talked about going back to the moon and visiting Mars honestly it's not as big deal people make it out to be

And is actually good move in a way eventually we're going to need a way to protect what happens in space from whatever the future holds

I had nothing to do with tinfoil hats do you realize if this all this money goes to NASA like you did before the space program brought so much stuff to help everyday life it can it again

Again...this has nothing to do with NASA. This isn't about space travel, or exploring space, or researching space. This is a MILITARY BRANCH. For the love of god. He just wants to weaponize space. Probably a bunch of satellites and drones costing trillions of dollars each.

NASA exists now. Has never ceased to exist. Has always been providing valuable research. Trump has not improved their capabilities at all. This is military spending.

I had nothing to do with tinfoil hats do you realize if this all this money goes to NASA like you did before the space program brought so much stuff to help everyday life it can it again

Again...this has nothing to do with NASA. This isn't about space travel, or exploring space, or researching space. This is a MILITARY BRANCH. For the love of god.

Oh come on you don't think they're not going to fold NASA into it and how do you know it won't involve all things of course is going to involve all those things hell all of NASA's Pilots are military

you're just upset because it's another

thing Trump said cuz whatever Trump do is automatically wrong to you in your head you already have that said if Trump says it it's automatically wrong and has to be the opposite

Archived