U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

This latest situation with Jerusalem is really proof in and of itself that this asshole wants to watch the world burn. Since when did the president of the United States have any control over announcing what the capital of another nation is? Every time that you think this piece of shit couldn't be a bigger shit-stirrer, he finds a way. Meanwhile, California is still burning to the ground, and he has nothing to say about that...

I don't even disagree with Jerusalem being the capital of Israel...but it's one of those things that will obviously cause stronger conflict...and more importantly, it's one of those things that the US should have no part in deciding.

Dude only exists for shock culture, and going out of his way to say and do the most shocking and unpredictable things imaginable. He's the epitome of a troll.

And don't get me started on the shrinking of the national parks. I don't know how anyone could consider America "greater" for anything this clown has done.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This latest situation with Jerusalem is really proof in and of itself that this asshole wants to watch the world burn. Since when did the president of the United States have any control over announcing what the capital of another nation is? Every time that you think this piece of shit couldn't be a bigger shit-stirrer, he finds a way. Meanwhile, California is still burning to the ground, and he has nothing to say about that...

Well I think its important to note this isn't exactly a Trump move. The Senate voted 90-0 on this back in June. And since there are only 50-ish Republicans in the Senate, it means the Democrats were ok with this too.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senate-passes-measure-calling-on-trump-to-move-us-embassy-to-jerusalem/article/2625016

It was a Trump move to declare that Jerusalem is the capitol, no? All that link discusses is moving the US embassy there. I think it's well within the rights of the US to place our embassy wherever we wish. But to outright say "Jerusalem is the capital of Israel because I say so"...(whether it's true or just another declaration without anything to support it)...that is the real problem here. And there will undoubtedly be a rise in terroristic threats towards the US as a result of this. Not to mention the obvious tension that will rise in Israel.

Again...it seems like one of those things that could have been done discretely and under the radar...move the embassy from one place to another...deal with whatever repercussions might come of it as quietly as possible. Instead, this clown blabs out that Jerusalem is the capital of a nation that has a violent history of disputing that exact fact. Thumbs up. Great job, junior. Either the guy is even dumber than he looks, or he's intentionally shit-stirring. Neither scenario is admirable.

I think it's highly likely that Trump's campaign received a large donation from the powers that be in Jerusalem...and this is the return on their investment. Maybe the embassy was set to be moved either way...but a nice public announcement to declare the intentions behind it seems like something extra.

Also, the article clearly says that this is recurring vote (one that normally gets shot down)...so, the fact that a senate under Trump is the senate that votes it through is really nothing short of Trump being the cause of it. IMO.

It was a Trump move to declare that Jerusalem is the capitol, no? All that link discusses is moving the US embassy there. I think it's well within the rights of the US to place our embassy wherever we wish. But to outright say "Jerusalem is the capital of Israel because I say so"...(whether it's true or just another declaration without anything to support it)...that is the real problem here. And there will undoubtedly be a rise in terroristic threats towards the US as a result of this. Not to mention the obvious tension that will rise in Israel.

Again...it seems like one of those things that could have been done discretely and under the radar...move the embassy from one place to another...deal with whatever repercussions might come of it as quietly as possible. Instead, this clown blabs out that Jerusalem is the capital of a nation that has a violent history of disputing that exact fact. Thumbs up. Great job, junior. Either the guy is even dumber than he looks, or he's intentionally shit-stirring. Neither scenario is admirable.

I think it's highly likely that Trump's campaign received a large donation from the powers that be in Jerusalem...and this is the return on their investment. Maybe the embassy was set to be moved either way...but a nice public announcement to declare the intentions behind it seems like something extra.

Also, the article clearly says that this is recurring vote (one that normally gets shot down)...so, the fact that a senate under Trump is the senate that votes it through is really nothing short of Trump being the cause of it. IMO.

My understanding (and maybe you can correct me with a link) is that the outrage is over the US moving the embassy. Which is why I posted my link. As far as Trump's declaration, he doesn't have the power to declare the capital, but in fact its always been the capital. Most just don't acknowledge it because of the fighting between Israel and Palestine.

I think this is more a declaration that we continue to side with Israel over Palestine which is the correct thing to do IMHO. Not just because Israel has been our ally and stands closest to our beliefs but for myself as a Christian as well.

Maybe you're right about there being some kind of return on investment. But there's no proof to my knowledge. I do know that this is something that Pence is greatly behind so perhaps this was something he got Trump to do.

But in regards to the Senate it was a 90-0 vote. If it was a 50-40 vote or 60-30 vote than maybe you could say this was Trumps senate doing whatever they want. But the fact that everyone voted on it means the democrats gave their support. The only argument I think you could make for the democrats being against this is now is that they voted for it, thinking Trump would never have the stones to make this move and they just wanted good publicity for voting for it. Which doesn't exactly make them look good either.

My understanding (and maybe you can correct me with a link) is that the outrage is over the US moving the embassy. Which is why I posted my link. As far as Trump's declaration, he doesn't have the power to declare the capital, but in fact its always been the capital. Most just don't acknowledge it because of the fighting between Israel and Palestine.

I think this is more a declaration that we continue to side with Israel over Palestine which is the correct thing to do IMHO. Not just because Israel has been our ally and stands closest to our beliefs but for myself as a Christian as well.

Maybe you're right about there being some kind of return on investment. But there's no proof to my knowledge. I do know that this is something that Pence is greatly behind so perhaps this was something he got Trump to do.

But in regards to the Senate it was a 90-0 vote. If it was a 50-40 vote or 60-30 vote than maybe you could say this was Trumps senate doing whatever they want. But the fact that everyone voted on it means the democrats gave their support. The only argument I think you could make for the democrats being against this is now is that they voted for it, thinking Trump would never have the stones to make this move and they just wanted good publicity for voting for it. Which doesn't exactly make them look good either.

So you support genocide? Not to mention, what Israhell is doing is illegal.

Again...my complaint is not with the action itself...it's the manner in which Trump announced it. You take this subject that everyone has been trying to approach with a hands-off approach, so as to keep things as civil as possible...and now you have a public announcement that deliberately goes against that. There was no need for it. The only (and I really do mean the only singular reason) is to stir shit. You can't seriously believe that this is some "show of good faith" about standing with "right" against "wrong", or "good" against "evil"...or being a "good Christian". I'll have to coin a UK phrase for that one, and declare bollocks.

It's just another jab in this administration's constant "let's have a war" mindeset. Same as the shit with North Korea, and the 110 billion dollar arms deal that Trump penned with Saudi Arabia. You don't pick sides unless you want to draw a line in the sand. This entire presidency has been about drawing a line in the sand...and we're all at great risk because of it.

Again...my complaint is not with the action itself...it's the manner in which Trump announced it. You take this subject that everyone has been trying to approach with a hands-off approach, so as to keep things as civil as possible...and now you have a public announcement that deliberately goes against that. There was no need for it. The only (and I really do mean the only singular reason) is to stir shit. You can't seriously believe that this is some "show of good faith" about standing with "right" against "wrong", or "good" against "evil"...or being a "good Christian". I'll have to coin a UK phrase for that one, and declare bollocks.

It's just another jab in this administration's constant "let's have a war" mindeset. Same as the shit with North Korea, and the 110 billion dollar arms deal that Trump penned with Saudi Arabia. You don't pick sides unless you want to draw a line in the sand. This entire presidency has been about drawing a line in the sand...and we're all at great risk because of it.

But its not that different than what Obama said in his speech right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8jBFe0Lfuk

USA needs to stop supporting Israel. For all the talk about how genocide was a bad thing and that the Holocaust should never have happened, we sure do seem to be hellbent on supporting a genocidal country stealing land from the Palestinians. But then again, I'm sure if the Palestinians weren't Muslims, Israel would barely see any support.

USA needs to stop supporting Israel. For all the talk about how genocide was a bad thing and that the Holocaust should never have happened, we sure do seem to be hellbent on supporting a genocidal country stealing land from the Palestinians. But then again, I'm sure if the Palestinians weren't Muslims, Israel would barely see any support.

You have no idea about the history of Israel and Palestine otherwise you wouldn't of made that comment. Also funny you mention the Holocaust when countries like Iran have verbally said they want to wipe Israel (Jews) off the map.

You have no idea about the history of Israel and Palestine otherwise you wouldn't of made that comment. Also funny you mention the Holocaust when countries like Iran have verbally said they want to wipe Israel (Jews) off the map.

In a way he right but the Israel,Palestine conflict has been so complex and been happening for thousand of years. It hard to really comperhand it in way it was stolen

In a way he right but the Israel,Palestine conflict has been so complex and been happening for thousand of years. It hard to really comperhand it in way it was stolen

Has Palestine existed for thousands of year though? As for Israel being a "genocidal" country I don't believe they are systematically killing people en mass numbers, if at all. It's a political conflict but I don't believe it is an ongoing genocide like is happening in parts of Africa or some Muslim countries.

Yeah, and countries like Iran are wrong for that, whether or not it's in response to Israel stealing land from Palestinians. In any case, Palestine and Israel should work together, not war each other, given there's no reason to attack when they can share the land. And apparently, even Palestine Christians are targeted, not just Muslims. And according to few tweets (if you consider that a source), there exist Christian Palestinians as well.

Hey Bdon, is that avatar your way of announcing that the doomsday clock is in play?

Yes Gen, that's exactly it. You caught me.

Okay...now the non-snarky answer that basically says "yes"...

It's a comic book Gen. I'm a fan of DC comics. Not everything has to mean something. If that's how you want to look at it to try and be clever then so be it. It's started off pretty good though. You read it?

Soooo Gen.....does that make Trump batman? :laugh:

Citizen: Trump? Trump! Why's he running for president?

Democrat: Because we choose Hillary Clinton

Social Justice Warriors: Okay we're going in! Go, go! Move!

Citizen: He didn't do anything wrong.

Democrats: Because he's the president the US deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's Not Our President. He's a border guardian....A watchful protector....A Dark Knight.

Archived