U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

Germany, Britain and France are scrambling to keep talks with Iran over its 2015 nuclear agreement alive despite Tehran having all but torn up the deal after the United States killed its top military commander. - Reuters

And there is your headline for those who don't understand how this could lead to WWIII...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly, I've read that Johnson's doing *Censored*-all while Corbyn's trying to control the fire, if not put it out. I wonder if there'll be repercussions from the three countries against us for Trump being a dumbass.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has locked down sufficient backing in his 53-member caucus to pass a blueprint for the trial that leaves the question of seeking witnesses and documents until after opening arguments are made, according to multiple senators.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/07/mcconnell-prepares-to-move-forward-on-impeachment-trial-rules-without-democrats-095537

That basically leaves Pelosi and Schumer powerless. Either she sends the articles of impeachment to the Senate for trial or they are going to dismiss it.

Who expected anything less?

Protect and evade. Lie and deflect. Obstruct and obfuscate.

Predictable behavior is predictable.

Perhaps it wouldn't be partisan if the Dems hadn't made it partisan to begin with.

#Logic

It's "partisan" because we have a lunatic for a president who goes out of his way to be divisive. And also boasts about committing war crimes, and does nothing short of begging for impeachment on a daily basis.

#TheMoreYouKnow

Was never a Dem vs Rep issue. Never will be. It's a "supreme leader" issue. And a democracy issue. A "having a conscience and morals" issue. And a "not being a dumbass" issue.

Who expected anything less?

Protect and evade. Lie and deflect. Obstruct and obfuscate.

Predictable behavior is predictable.

Perhaps it wouldn't be partisan if the Dems hadn't made it partisan to begin with.

#Logic

Ex

It's "partisan" because we have a lunatic for a president who goes out of his way to be divisive. And also boasts about committing war crimes, and does nothing short of begging for impeachment on a daily basis.

#TheMoreYouKnow

Was never a Dem vs Rep issue. Never will be. It's a "supreme leader" issue. And a democracy issue. A "having a conscience and morals" issue. And a "not being a dumbass" issue.

Except Pelosi literally stated:

a) She didn't want to impeach Trump.

b) She didn't want impeachment to be partisan.

She dug her own grave and now has to lay in it.

- She didn't want to impeach Trump, in the same sense that a parent doesn't want their child to be a *censored*ing failure. As a government representative, she was hopeful that an elected leader would not need to be impeached.

- She didn't want the impeachment to be partisan, because she hoped that republicans would yield to common sense (sadly not happening).

- She didn't want to impeach Trump, in the same sense that a parent doesn't want their child to be a *censored*ing failure. As a government representative, she was hopeful that an elected leader would not need to be impeached.

- She didn't want the impeachment to be partisan, because she hoped that republicans would yield to common sense (sadly not happening).

No, she didn't want impeachment and impeachment to be partisan because in the history of the United States, impeachment has never been partisan. However, she's gone through with it anyway. But apparently, when the Republicans play by the Dems rules that they set as we go along, Dems want to cry foul. Same with the nuclear option.

No, she didn't want impeachment and impeachment to be partisan because in the history of the United States, impeachment has never been partisan. However, she's gone through with it anyway. But apparently, when the Republicans play by the Dems rules that they set as we go along, Dems want to cry foul. Same with the nuclear option.

You just said absolutely nothing.

The fact that impeachment has never been partisan is not a one-way street.

In your mind, it signifies that the democrats are "mad with power" and are trying to sabotage Trump's presidency...when the truth of the matter is, the impeachment is partisan this time, because the Republicans are bought-and-paid-for, corrupt, bankrupt of morals, represent absolutely nothing...and will blindly follow Trump to this nation's collective end.

Of course, you don't see what is right under your nose...because, you are a steadfast republican. Raised to be that way from birth, surly. No different from a child who supports a specific sports team because their friends also do. Not me...I'm not even a democrat. I have no horse in this race aside from observing what I see to be clear as day. And that clear fact, is that Donald Trump is not now (nor has ever been) fit to be president of the United States. He is a lifelong con-man with ties to other con-men, and a trail of criminal activity behind him. Simple. Clean. Facts. There is nothing known about Trump now, that we didn't already know before he was the president. He is human garbage. He was elected for that exact reason...by people who are also human garbage.

So...again, not a Republican vs Democrat issue. Just a garbage person issue.

You just said absolutely nothing.

The fact that impeachment has never been partisan is not a one-way street.

In your mind, it signifies that the democrats are "mad with power" and are trying to sabotage Trump's presidency...when the truth of the matter is, the impeachment is partisan this time, because the Republicans are bought-and-paid-for, corrupt, bankrupt of morals, represent absolutely nothing...and will blindly follow Trump to this nation's collective end.

Of course, you don't see what is right under your nose...because, you are a steadfast republican. Raised to be that way from birth, surly. No different from a child who supports a specific sports team because their friends also do. Not me...I'm not even a democrat. I have no horse in this race aside from observing what I see to be clear as day. And that clear fact, is that Donald Trump is not now (nor has ever been) fit to be president of the United States. He is a lifelong con-man with ties to other con-men, and a trail of criminal activity behind him. Simple. Clean. Facts.

Except Pelosi stated they had been working on it for three years. Dems are afraid that he is going to win the 2020 election. That is all this is about.

Except Pelosi stated they had been working on it for three years. Dems are afraid that he is going to win the 2020 election. That is all this is about.

Again...you've said nothing.

They've been working on it for three years because Trump has been in power for as long. He has been a threat to this country since before he was president at all. He was unfit to lead from day one, and it's become woefully clearer every day since then.

They want him to lose the 2020 election? Yes. So what? They should. We all should. He's trash. If republicans had any moral fortitude, they'd want to elect someone else to represent them as well. But they don't, and they won't...hence the issue is partisan...because republicans are cowards.

No one shit their britches over Bill Clinton being impeached...we moved on and elected other people. Republicans are clinging to Trump like a raft down a river of sewage. They should have started looking for a new representative immediately after he won the 2016 election. They didn't...for reasons that should be clear.

Again...you've said nothing.

They've been working on it for three years because Trump has been in power for as long. He has been a threat to this country since before he was president at all. He was unfit to lead from day one, and it's become woefully clearer ever day since then.

They want him to lose the 2020 election? Yes. So what? They should. We all should. He's trash. If republicans had any moral fortitude, they'd want to elect someone else to represent them as well. But they don't, and they won't...hence the issue is partisan...because republicans are cowards.

Would Mitt Romney or John McCain be better? Because I heard that Romney was going to lock black people back up in chains (Biden) and that McCain was a racist (MSM). Just wanted your clarification on that.

I won't clarify on anything, other than the fact that Trump is not a republican, and republicans should have started looking for something better from the moment he won the 2016 election. They've had plenty of time to save their party. They chose greed instead.

When you choose to support Trump rather than defend your nation itself, that says all that needs to be said. I'd be just as happy with a level-headed republican being in office as I would with a democrat...but the problem is, level-headed republicans basically don't exist in the 2020 landscape.

Would Mitt Romney or John McCain be better? Because I heard that Romney was going to lock black people back up in chains (Biden) and that McCain was a racist (MSM). Just wanted your clarification on that.

I won't clarify on anything, other than the fact that Trump is not a republican, and republicans should have started looking for something better from the moment he won the 2016 election. They've had plenty of time to save their party. They chose greed instead.

Of course you won't, because nobody the Republicans would choose (other than a Dem) would be acceptable. This is literally why you got Trump. Perhaps the Dems can learn a lesson from this. I doubt they will.

Of course you won't, because nobody the Republicans would choose (other than a Dem) would be acceptable.

Yeah...pretty sure I beat you to this post with my previous one...because you're predictable in your trolling.

Not as predictable as you labeling someone with trolling.

Not as predictable as you labeling someone with trolling.

Mmmhmmm...

*reported for spamming and trolling*

*again*

You're not any better. Why did you have to reply again? To get the last word? There's a reason I've been quiet on here the last few days, despite my interest in the topics presented. But it's amazing how toxic this thread can get sometimes once you are on the outside looking in.

You're not any better. Why did you have to reply again? To get the last word? There's a reason I've been quiet on here the last few days, despite my interest in the topics presented. But it's amazing how toxic this thread can get sometimes once you are on the outside looking in.

I replied because I want him to know that I reported him.

Because, I've done it several damn times in recent memory, and nothing ever comes of it. Maybe a mod pops in and says "calm down, now"...which accomplishes nothing. I want some accountability for him continuing to act like a fool for no reason.

Having opinions is great (that's why we're all here)...but doing the same song and dance every time you get into it with someone is trolling. At least when you used to defend republicans in this topic, you would make points worth considering. I'm tired of Shape posting non-stop, jerk-reactions to things without actually saying anything at all. He routinely derails real discussions without adding anything of substance to them.

Suffice it to say, I think the discussion in this topic would be considerably more civil if Shape wasn't always there to flip it into banter. Maybe we could all actually learn something instead of just going in circles with pointless troll bait.

I replied because I want him to know that I reported him.

Because, I've done it several damn times in recent memory, and nothing ever comes of it. Maybe a mod pops in and says "calm down, now"...which accomplishes nothing. I want some accountability for him continuing to act like a fool for no reason.

I'm just saying Shape isn't the only one who does it. I don't always agree with Shape on everything and I'm not here to defend him. But his views are different than the majority of people on here. And I can speak from experience.

When Gen has an opinion he's debating Shape or maybe me. When I have an opinion on here I"m debating Gen, and MJ3 and AONO and everyone else. It's easy to be on attack mode when you are getting it from every side. Simply because you have a more conservative view. And like I already said, Shape isn't the only one who trolls on here or make snarky comments. Myself and yourself included.

I have my doubts that you getting in the last word and announcing to everyone that you reported him is going to have any impact on a mods decision to suspend him or not.

Archived