CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

U.S. Politics Discussion

• Please log in to reply
4144 replies to this topic

Poll: Government Shutdown (21 member(s) have cast votes)

What will come out of the shutdown?

1. Republicans get what they want (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

2. Democrats Get what they want (1 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

3. Both sides get something out of it (9 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

4. Neither side gets anything (9 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 21,826 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:09 PM

I think what Pence would try to do is emphasize Christianity more as the dominant religion here in the US, regardless of whether it already is or not, plus try to put the brakes on the proliferation of some of the LGBT stuff that has just recently come to the forefront. So stuff like restaurants being able to decline service to gays or the word God being put on lot of stuff other than money. Not sure if he would still concentrate on retarded shit like the mighty wall or the "fake" media.

#22 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:19 PM

Pence is like Himmler and Himmler I considered was much worse then Hitler so he will be probably a lot worse

Edited by AustinFan., 19 August 2017 - 07:19 PM.

#23 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,826 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

Himmler would have never been able to do anything if it wasn't for Hilter, same for Pence. If Trump hadn't chosen him as VP Pence would still be in Indiana and would have never gotten anywhere near to the white-house.

#24 sam the d00d

sam the d00d

Legend

• Members
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

On the confederate statues there is no room for hate. And, apparently, no room for anything anyone else finds offensive. Remember when ISIS took all those cities and destroyed al those monuments they found offensive. This is exactly the same emotion and sentiment. Nothing more than one group of people taking down monuments they personally find offensive.

There's no reason those statues should be up. Don't say it's history. There's not a statue of Osama Bin Laden in New York City to remind us of the history of 9/11. The confederacy were enemies to the United States, traitors. We don't glorify our enemies. Enemies that killed their own just so they could keep using slave labor. There's nothing historical about these statues. You know how long these statues have been up? Not directly after the Civil War. Many were created in the 1960s during the civil rights movement by the KKK in order to strike fear into black civilians. These were always about hate. The fact that Americans defend these statues being up or fly confederate flags is disgusting to me.

#25 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

On the confederate statues there is no room for hate. And, apparently, no room for anything anyone else finds offensive. Remember when ISIS took all those cities and destroyed al those monuments they found offensive. This is exactly the same emotion and sentiment. Nothing more than one group of people taking down monuments they personally find offensive.

There's no reason those statues should be up. Don't say it's history. There's not a statue of Osama Bin Laden in New York City to remind us of the history of 9/11. The confederacy were enemies to the United States, traitors. We don't glorify our enemies. Enemies that killed their own just so they could keep using slave labor. There's nothing historical about these statues. You know how long these statues have been up? Not directly after the Civil War. Many were created in the 1960s during the civil rights movement by the KKK in order to strike fear into black civilians. These were always about hate. The fact that Americans defend these statues being up or fly confederate flags is disgusting to me.

I don't consider them traitors I see them just like the Patriots in the Revolutionary War fighting for their freedom they believe it the only reason they considered traitors is because they lost just like the Patriots would have been considered traitors if they lost

Himmler would have never been able to do anything if it wasn't for Hilter, same for Pence. If Trump hadn't chosen him as VP Pence would still be in Indiana and would have never gotten anywhere near to the white-house.

yes but if he's given the power of the presidency and he will if Trump is impeached

People consider Trump a good guy compared to what I think pence would do

#26 EJ!

EJ!

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 21,957 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

The only reason they're considered traitors is because they lost it's no different than the Revolutionary War

And from all the polls they did on whether to keep or get rid of most people voted to keep the statues cuz when they look at the statues they don't see any negative or any ill thoughts there no real reason to take them down beside a politic move to get votes

Even Lincoln said he didn't want to destroy slavery at the beginning of War slavery was not the cause but if he freed the slaves the South will lose their major Workforce without that they can't win the war

It was more a tactical move more then wanting to get rid of slavery

I don't want to imagine what things would be like the Union didn't win. They technically are traitors regardless of how it ended.

I've seen different polls with different results so that depends on where you look. 

And I know Lincoln didn't really care, that's why I don't care that much about him, but he did the right thing and that's all that matters.

States' rights to own slaves

Smh. Also how much do you know about Robert E. Lee?

Why the "smh"? That's what the Civil War was about. If you wanna tell me Lee had a heart of gold and didn't want confederate statues erected, that doesn't matter to me.

I wonder if people in Germany have arguments about who were really the bad guys during the Holocaust, because slavery and waging a war against your own country to preserve and continue it doesn't seem to be enough to warrant a unanimous "these guys are assholes" judgement in America.

Also, a lot of the confederate statues were erected for the sole purpose of black intimidation during Jim Crow.

Edited by EJ!, 19 August 2017 - 08:23 PM.

#27 Ernez

Ernez

People Power

• Universal Moderator
  • 13,345 posts
  • Gamertag: Ernez

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

I honestly think the problem with Pence though is the fact he wasn't heard MUCH from him at all.

#28 aono55

aono55

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

Agreed. I don't know what to exactly expect of him...in terms of being a president.

not a good thing. 

And for some reason, judging purely by aesthetics...his face reminds me of a ghoul face (from Fallout series) filled with plastics... 

#29 Faster Than Light

Faster Than Light

Manners Maketh Man

• V.I.P
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

Yeah. They are pretty much glorified participation trophies 

#30 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,501 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:18 PM

I don't know how Mike Pence would be less worse as President tbh

People won't see him as an utter idiot as they do Trump. That's probably about it? Otherwise I could see him being worse than Trump, policy-wise. 

I personally don't care about any of the other statues we got up, but the people who literally broke away from the United States and started a war with its own country just for the right to own human beings, THEY don't need to be honored. Andrew Jackson is another I wouldn't want honored in anyway. Other than that, I don't care. Only statues I care about are MLK and a few others.

And you didn't say this but I've seen the argument of "THEYRE ERASING HISTORY" and I think that's stupid. You don't look at a statue and automatically learn what it represents. Anyone can learn history without statues.

I can literally see bdon ready to type out an essay on how you're wrong. Though slavery was a big part of it, the South didn't fight solely due to slavery. I'm willing to concede that much, as wrong as they still were. 

but yeah, after learning when and why the monuments were erected, I'm definitely for taking them down. Otherwise it was kinda nonsense to fight hard to take it down, IMO.

#31 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

I don't know how Mike Pence would be less worse as President tbh

People won't see him as an utter idiot as they do Trump. That's probably about it? Otherwise I could see him being worse than Trump, policy-wise. 

I personally don't care about any of the other statues we got up, but the people who literally broke away from the United States and started a war with its own country just for the right to own human beings, THEY don't need to be honored. Andrew Jackson is another I wouldn't want honored in anyway. Other than that, I don't care. Only statues I care about are MLK and a few others.

And you didn't say this but I've seen the argument of "THEYRE ERASING HISTORY" and I think that's stupid. You don't look at a statue and automatically learn what it represents. Anyone can learn history without statues.

I can literally see bdon ready to type out an essay on how you're wrong. Though slavery was a big part of it, the South didn't fight solely due to slavery. I'm willing to concede that much, as wrong as they still were. 

but yeah, after learning when and why the monuments were erected, I'm definitely for taking them down. Otherwise it was kinda nonsense to fight hard to take it down, IMO.

That's not one hundred percent true yes some of them may have been for that but I'm guessing a lot of them was up that way to celebrate the 50 and a 100 anniversary of the Civil war

#32 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,826 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

Big mistake was those people that took a statue down themselves and then started spitting on it and kicking it. Not only did they break the law and vandalized city property, but they also defaced it. It made them look really bad and gave the alt-right and others reason to oppose them even more.

#33 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

Perhaps the sadest part of all of this is that, 152 years after Appomattox, America has finally forgotten what the survivors of the Civil War learned at a ghastly price. When Lee surrendered, General US Grant gave his men 25,000 rations, because they were starving. Lee and his men were permitted to keep their arms and horses and allowed to go home. Union soldiers wept, and shouted hurrahs. The healing of America began that day. Lee's men were honored with respect, and dignity. Why? Why, after the bloodiest, most destructive conflict in the Western Hemisphere did the victors choose not to exact a horrible retribution upon secessionist traitors and slavers? And what gives us the wisdom, in this day, to say we have more justification to do so than the victors themselves? They knew something that, unfortunately, we have forgotten. Their messages to us, their children, have been lost. May God spare us from having to re-learn that lesson at similar cost. In 1863, had our foreign enemies decided to take the opportunity to conquer the entire country, they would not have been able to do so, because the American armies were already the largest and most powerful on Earth. But today, Civil War II would be an invitation for all our enemies abroad to act in concert to destroy us. That is precisely what is happening. After Americans are at each other's throats and our cities are in flames, the foreign entities that instigated it and financed it will take the opportunity to destroy us all.

So a protest by black lives matter movement in Boston was shut down by anti protesters

#34 aono55

aono55

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:38 PM

Austinfan, this is not a shot at you, but I'm legit confused.... Are those your words or you copy pasted from somewhere? 

Whoever said that... USAs problems are are made only in America.

And wth, you mean Boston "free speech" protest was shut down by anti protesters? Which included thousands of people actually, and including Black Lives Movement. . 

Edited by aono55, 19 August 2017 - 11:53 PM.

#35 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:47 PM

Black lives matter was part of the anti protest

Edited by AustinFan., 19 August 2017 - 11:51 PM.

#36 aono55

aono55

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:54 PM

Yes they were. 

#37 Mango kid

Mango kid

Official CAWs.ws Addict

• Members
  • 20,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:57 PM

It just shows they weren't even doing any nazi stuff just cuz they were white.

#38 aono55

aono55

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:04 AM

Thousands of people, not thousands of "black" people. It was more of a left and right thing more than anything. Since the first protest was done by conservatives. 

Don't distort. 

#39 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,501 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:42 AM

Interestingly, for a group of people so intensely "patriotic," they sure like supporting an ex-nation that would have ended USA. Man, I truly love how white people are in such denial about their privilege, and that they'll literally come up with all sorts of shit to make themselves out to be oppressed. It's sad how instead of accepting equality and diversity, they have to come up with shit like how they're going extinct or losing dominance or whatnot. 

#40 Crackalicious

Crackalicious

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:16 AM

Interestingly, for a group of people so intensely "patriotic," they sure like supporting an ex-nation that would have ended USA. Man, I truly love how white people are in such denial about their privilege, and that they'll literally come up with all sorts of shit to make themselves out to be oppressed. It's sad how instead of accepting equality and diversity, they have to come up with shit like how they're going extinct or losing dominance or whatnot. 

Na, the best part is white nationalist complaining about whites losing power to the jews, which last I checked are white.