U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

Never said the anfita wasn't bad, but just cause one side is bad doesn't mean the other side should match. That's really the problem with this country. Every action is compared to something else. If Trump does something "Well so and so this this" no just fix the *censored*ing problems. Stop pushing the blame around.

Republicans will whataboutism all day long to avoid accountability or fixing problems. That's the price we pay because they don't care about Americans.

Roll your eyes all you want, but anti-zionism and anti-semitism isn't the same.

And the anti-semitism allegation has had the least of impact in the elections, believe it or not. If that were the case than Tories would not even stand a chance with the amount of Islamophobia coming from them, on top of everything else.

Are you calling 86% of Jews in the UK liars?

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/more-than-85-per-cent-of-british-jews-think-jeremy-corbyn-is-antisemitic-1.469654

Anti-zionism has nothing to do with Israel's right to exist, if you understand the historical reasons on why Israel was created in the first place. It is only anti-Semitic.

Mr. Corbyn also laid a wreath at a ceremony memorializing the terrorists that killed the 1972 Israeli swimming team.

But okay. Everyone else is wrong you are right.

what a horrible rebuttal.

It's not anti-Semitic, no matter how much you want to pretend it is. Of course the Jewish will think it's anti-Semitic, they're brainwashed to be pro-Israelite, and it seems so are the right and liberals.

Israel is committing crimes against humanity by torturing and killing Palestinians, which so-called "pro-lifers" should be concerned about, but I guess since the Palestinians are not white or Americans, it's okay.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmao gtfo

First of all don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say if Corbyn was or isn't an anti-semite. I didn't pass judgment on that.

Second of all: Definition of anti-Zionism: opposition to the establishment or support of the state of Israel : opposition to Zionism. (Meriam Webster)

It's still debated about if anti-zionism is inherently anti-semitic or not, inside nad outside of Jewish communities, and by scholars. French have equated anti-zionism with anti-semitism for example. Here is also a good little read on the subject:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/mar/07/debunking-myth-that-anti-zionism-is-antisemitic

So yeah, you saying firmly what you just said is simply foolish at best.

Also, if you are going to spew bs like that, you are the one defending Trump, saying how he isn't racist.

https://www.businessinsider.com/half-of-the-us-80-percent-african-americans-trump-racist-2019-7

"80% of black people said Trump is racist, while 11% said he is not. "

Are you calling 80% of black people in the US liars?

Flamebait more. Please.

No, I am not calling them liars. They think Trump is racist. However, antisemitism is very specific and more narrowly defined than being a racist.

what a horrible rebuttal.

It's not anti-Semitic, no matter how much you want to pretend it is. Of course the Jewish will think it's anti-Semitic, they're brainwashed to be pro-Israelite, and it seems so are the right and liberals.

Israel is committing crimes against humanity by torturing and killing Palestinians, which so-called "pro-lifers" should be concerned about, but I guess since the Palestinians are not white or Americans, it's okay.

What a racist thing to say.

I noticed you didn't respond to Corbyn laying a wreath at the memorial of Palestinian terrorists that killed the 1972 Israeli swimming team.

Antisemitism is a form of racism, so I am just using your logic here. So you acting so knowledgeable about the topic is bs. And you can't even or won't make a distinction between antizionism and antisemitism. That distinction and argument is important, especially if you are doing to say "is very specific."

Stop provoking people with your bullshit claims and opinions that are rooted in ignorance.

Antisemitism is a form of racism, so I am just using your logic here. So you acting so knowledgeable about the topic is bs. And you can't even or won't make a distinction between antizionism and antisemitism. That distinction and argument is important, especially if you are doing to say "is very specific."

Stop provoking people with your bullshit claims and opinions that are rooted in ignorance.

I already did. I made a distinction upon the criticisms of Israel's government and the creation of Israel. People that don't believe Israel is a valid country are anti-semitic.

Those muslim terrorists feel the same way.

No, you equated it.

I'm done with your shenanigans and ineptness to fully articulate a thought. But that isn't your goal anyway. You can't continue and stretch an argument even though you are proven wrong and your arguments are proven to be insufficient and flat out wrong.

It's your prerogative from here to continue making an ass out of yourself if you wish.

No, you equated it.

I'm done with your shenanigans and ineptness to fully articulate a thought. But that isn't your goal anyway. You can't continue and stretch an argument even though you are proven wrong and your arguments are proven to be insufficient and flat out wrong.

It's your prerogative from here to continue making an ass out of yourself if you wish.

Whatever makes you feel better, Chief.

This is why I'm ignoring most things he says. A typical run-of-the-mill right.

It's so ironic when a right winger cries about anti-Semitism whenever Israel gets criticized, even though Judaism has nothing to do with Israel being a violent and terroristic country.

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2019/10/18/20899208/tree-of-life-anniversary-pittsburgh-shooting-american-jews

https://forward.com/fast-forward/423538/every-extremist-anti-semitic-incident-tracked-by-adl-was-carried-out-by/

McConnell has already aquitted the defendant before the trial. And plans to hold a trial without witnesses. Nice.

Man if you are certain you did nothing wrong and accusations against you have been false. Then you would try to present every possible witness and evidence you have. And the fact that GOP doesn't let Trump to hold his shitshow, also shows what they think about him and the whole situation

Pinpoint sillyness of democrats all you want, but GOP and Trump are on a whole another level of shittery.

Hard to have a trial when the Dems can't even list the crime Trump committed.

Where is the "high crimes and misdemeanors"?

Notice they didn't charge Trump with bribery. Just abuse of power. Why not bribery? Because the Dems don't have a case and its political grandstanding.

It really shouldn't, but as we've all seen people are stupid and vote for the dumbest reasons.

I'm not sure what that means. Just because someone is charged with something, doesn't mean they are guilty of it.

The fact is is that people favoring impeachment and removal of the President go down with every poll done. The Dems think that their candidates are weak and stand no chance against Trump, so impeachment is all they have left.

Voting for Trump simply because the Dems impeached him is DUMB. Instead I hope people focus on the important issues and whether shit is getting done or it's all just talk. Is he a good leader? Or just a loud mouth shit stirrer. That's what I mean. Don't vote for him because the Democrats hate him, vote because you think he is the right person for the job and your lives may be better because he is in office.

Voting for Trump simply because the Dems impeached him is DUMB. Instead I hope people focus on the important issues and whether shit is getting done or it's all just talk. Is he a good leader? Or just a loud mouth shit stirrer. That's what I mean. Don't vote for him because the Democrats hate him, vote because you think he is the right person for the job and your lives may be better because he is in office.

well tbh, they did and they do think the latter. but what you are talking about is what comes more subconciously in a way. it's just fuel to the fire. and that's what it is mainly meant when you talk about it in those terms.

with all those shouting lies, smears, insults and degrading, demeaning, fearmongering, hate... he plays on that and feeds on that. and they created an alternate reality where facts aren't facts, and every truth is relative.

when you combine all that, then you can have a internet troll as president as what Trump actually is.

this impeachmeant exposed even more truths about his presidency, but it also exposed people who support him in Washington, and the lenghts they will go to. Sure, everybody knew politics and capital are hand in hand, with lobbiysm being legal corruption... but on a political, societal and cultural level it's a bonfire.

Trump is guilty. But I don't expect to see the republicans vote for convicting Trump, they've shown they don't care about America as much as they care about power and wealth. Would be nice to see him in jail though

Republicans will forget about Trump as soon as someone else comes along who lets them get away with their bullshit (such individuals seem to be dime a dozen these days). And I've said it before...Trump was never a republican to begin with. In addition to that...I don't think the term "republican" even has a cut and dry set of standards to be upheld. Maybe once upon a time, in a far away land...but not now. Now it's solely about half the country wanting nothing short of getting away with murder...and simply voting for whoever will allow it. Oh...and don't forget to claim that it's "in the name of God"...(just for good measure).

Trump is guilty. But I don't expect to see the republicans vote for convicting Trump, they've shown they don't care about America as much as they care about power and wealth. Would be nice to see him in jail though

Even if he was found guilty, he wouldn't end up in jail.

Republicans will forget about Trump as soon as someone else comes along who lets them get away with their bullshit (such individuals seem to be dime a dozen these days). And I've said it before...Trump was never a republican to begin with. In addition to that...I don't think the term "republican" even has a cut and dry set of standards to be upheld. Maybe once upon a time, in a far away land...but not now. Now it's solely about half the country wanting nothing short of getting away with murder...and simply voting for whoever will allow it. Oh...and don't forget to claim that it's "in the name of God"...(just for good measure).

Only in your head Gen.

Even if he was found guilty, he wouldn't end up in jail.

Only in your head Gen.

Guilty he could still end up in jail because if he's removed from office that he can be charged from everything from the Mueller report and everything else

According to Noah Feldman, a witness in the judiciary hearing and a Harvard Law Professor, if Pelosi keeps the Articles of Impeachment in the House and doesn't turn them over to the Senate, Trump is not technically impeached.

I am bringing that up because Pelosi seems to think keeping them helps the Dems more politically than turning them over to the Senate. Not sure why, but *shrugs*.

She also invited Trump to give the SOTU Address in February. I guess she suspects Trump to be President then.

Archived