U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

It wasn't the *censored*ing transcript. It was notes from the white house...

The very white house that is trying to prove Trump did nothing wrong.

The exact reason that Trump got ahead of this and willingly said he was going to release it was so that he could spin it with his own words. Stop being so goddamn dense and clueless.

Sure Jan.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gen

it's not so much about being redacted, but the above means that a human didn't do the transcript, but a voice recognition software.

I'm not definetly excluding about the possibility of what you said, because it's actually very probable.

And the whistleblower report needs to be out, asap.

The released transcript itself, shows a lot actually. I mean, did people really expect exact words being used?

"Here is the document released by the White House on Wednesday of a July 25 call between President Trump and Volodymyr Zelensky, the president of Ukraine. The document warned its contents were “not a verbatim transcript.”

Transcript-a written or printed version of material originally presented in another medium.

So you are correct that it is not verbatim, but it's still a transcript Jan.

Transcript-a written or printed version of material originally presented in another medium.

Verbatim means exact words. Not whether it was presented in "another medium".

Learn some shit, or stop posting garbage.

Verbatim means exact words. Not whether it was presented in "another medium".

Learn some shit, or stop posting garbage.

I defined transcript literally from the dictionary. I never said verbatim meant another medium. Learn some reading comprehension skills. Verbatim in this sense is an adjective IE: describing the type of transcript it is.

One second: acting like the full transcript proves Trump did nothing wrong.

Next second: admitting that it was redacted and edited text.

Whatever floats your fairytale boat...

Show me where I said full and I'll happily correct myself. In fact, in one of my posts on the last page I replied to you stating that of course it wasn't the full transcript Jan.

Show me where I said full and I'll happily correct myself. In fact, in one of my posts on the last page I replied to you stating that of course it wasn't the full transcript Jan.

Okay...so you're admitting that you would gladly take a partial context of an altered document as "proof", then.

If you never said "full", and you're happy without seeing the full document...then you're saying something else entirely about the way you consume information.

The first thing you did was fly into this topic and say that the document proves Trump did nothing wrong, and the claim is a "nothingburger". Your inane words, not mine.

Okay...so you're admitting that you would gladly take a partial context of an altered document as "proof", then.

If you never said "full", and you're happy without seeing the full document...then you're saying something else entirely about the way you consume information.

The first thing you did was fly into this topic and say that the document proves Trump did nothing wrong, and the claim is a "nothingburger". Your inane words, not mine.

It is a nothingburger. The entire call is there besides information classified by the US government as confidential which we knew there would be information like that since it was two world leaders talking. You guys are so naïve.

It is a nothingburger. The entire call is there besides information classified by the US government as confidential which we knew there would be information like that since it was two world leaders talking. You guys are so naïve.

He was the one who volunteered to release the documents. I'm the *censored*ing opposite of naive, because I already knew that. I said it before...this was damage control to attempt to make it look voluntary. No one expected to see classified information.

You are the one drawing definitive lines in the sand here, saying that there is proof of no wrong-doing. You are taking the absence of the classified information to mean something that it 100% does not mean. No one is doing that here except for you. Everyone else is laughing at how obvious it is that Trump is doing everything in his power to cover his fraud-ass.

He was the one who volunteered to release the documents. I'm the *censored*ing opposite of naive, because I already knew that. I said it before...this was damage control to attempt to make it look voluntary. No one expected to see classified information.

You are the one drawing definitive lines in the sand here, saying that there is proof of no wrong-doing. You are taking the absence of the classified information to mean something that it 100% does not mean. No one is doing that here except for you. Everyone else is laughing at how obvious it is that Trump is doing everything in his power to cover his fraud-ass.

I never said that. I said it was a nothingburger. Like I said last night, there won't be evidence found to cause removal from office. You are going to have to get something pretty damning to get 2/3 of the senate to vote him out. Good luck with that.

"Good luck" indeed, since all the republicans in the senate are morally bankrupt.

The evidence is there. It's been there since day one. It's been there since before day one. Just because there's an impossible uphill battle against unbridled corruption, doesn't mean there is no "damning evidence" against this presidency being a fraud. That shit is clear as day.

If there's one thing the past few years have showed us, it is that the US government is *censored*ing useless. You could have an absolute snake in the trenches, and nobody will do anything to kick it out.

"Good luck" indeed, since all the republicans in the senate are morally bankrupt.

The evidence is there. It's been there since day one. It's been there since before day one. Just because there's an impossible uphill battle against unbridled corruption, doesn't mean there is no "damning evidence" against this presidency being a fraud. That shit is clear as day.

If there's one thing the past few years have showed us, it is that the US government is *censored*ing useless. You could have an absolute snake in the trenches, and nobody will do anything to kick it out.

Trump Derangement Syndrome

And the left wants a useless government running healthcare.

lol

Trump Derangement Syndrome

And the left wants a useless government running healthcare.

lol

How much of the lead paint did you eat?

All of it?

I'm gonna go with all of it...

Then this person that ate lead paint has been schooling you all morning on this thread.

Not really the memo was basically saying this is what we're giving you this is the transcript that happened it could or could not have been edited and changed and you will not be the wiser cuz you can't find the official transcript

not a verbatim transcript" is not a transcript. Thank you.

A transcript doesn't have to be verbatim. I can't understand the rest.

Actually it does and a lot of it I read the transcript it seemed way too Trump approval be that accurate and that's exactly what the Ukraine president said there's no way to know for sure whether that's what exactly went down or not

I defined transcript earlier right out of the dictionary. There is no standard for it to be verbatim The word verbatim in the idea of a "verbatim transcript" is describing the transcript itself IE: an adjective. Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative.

Actually it does and a lot of it I read the transcript it seemed way too Trump approval be that accurate and that's exactly what the Ukraine president said there's no way to know for sure whether that's what exactly went down or not

I defined transcript earlier right out of the dictionary. There is no standard for it to be verbatim The word verbatim in the idea of a "verbatim transcript" is describing the transcript itself IE: an adjective. Sorry it doesn't fit your narrative.

I don't have a narrative actually but you proved that you think just because someone disagrees with Trump they have tds when Trump has done worse and has been proven you're the reason why it's been reported that intelligence agencies stop giving Trump intelligence

A "CAUTION" note included at the bottom of the first page of the text released Wednesday explains that the rough transcript "records the notes and recollections of Situation Room Duty Officers and NSC policy staff assigned to listen and memorialize the conversation in written form as the conversation takes place."

If if it was clean and nice as a conversation is Trump said why did it take so long to release it day is after it first came to light why did he Stonewall everyone from getting it stopping Congress from getting it

Trump has proven to be a liar over and over exaggerating over and over again stonewalling telling aides not to testify or make the people work for him sign non-disclosure agreements yeah he's the most transparent president in history a president who openly admitted he will accept Intel from foreign governments on national TV on political opponents

But yes it does have to be verbatim because even the memo said this is not all of what was talked about some of it is not there that's why they put that warning there that begs the question what was removed if anything

.....................and the transcript released this morning shows there was no quid pro quo and is a nothingburger. He actually even asked for the Ukrainian government to look into the hacking of the DNC back in 2016.

You guys just need to suck it up until 2020.

Or we can keep calling Trump out on his bullshit no matter how much his supporters wanna deny it.

Archived