U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

Nah dude, I did. I said "a lot of times".

I can give you some posts or pages, sure.

Work on better comprehension.

Or wait... that last post I just responded to?

Reread the first sentence of the bolded part that I highlighted for you. Then go back five or six pages with all of the arguments I presented.

The first sentence is directly responding to Kevin

Good.

Step #2: Read the second and third sentence in the bold part.

But to suggest that you shouldn't have sex if you don't want to get pregnant is either... idiotic, or trolling...

How so?

How it isn't?

Try giving some arguments for a change to your claims like that. A lot of times you and The_Shape sound like Steven Crowder. And despite people thinking that he knows how to debate... he doesn't.

You always say some bs that sounds right by your logic and belief, and expect others to prove you wrong, without actually wanting to maybe change your mind actually...

Like, seriously? Because if you don't understand the problem, then you, just don't understand it... so I'd rather believe that the problem is not beyond your comprehension, rather that you are trolling.

You can practice whatever belief system you want, or procreate how ever you want, if you want.

But everybody should have that choice, also as a woman should have a choice if she wants conceive a child or not.

And in 2019, believe it or not, there are ways to have sex with a male and not have a child.

The thing is men don't have that option now, do they? We can have sex all we want we will never have to give birth to a child. Nobody can make us do that.

So yeah, I find it either dissrespectful to the women, or that you are oblivious to the problem.

Or also... if you just said that... just because... then you are again trolling, or just... saying shit for the sake of it.

But to suggest that you shouldn't have sex if you don't want to get pregnant is either... idiotic, or trolling...

How so?

Because that would encompass personal responsibility. The left wants us to remain kids forever and let the parents (government) take care of all of their problems, until the government says no.

What the *Censored* man?

It's very responsible to have sex and not conceive a child if you don't want to.

The *Censored* are you saying? What left now?

Again, you obviously completely reversed the situation. The conservatives, right wing politicians, and the goverment wants to BAN CHOICE.

It's really irresponsible to give birth to a child if you don't want it, or can't raise it properly.

It's more irresponsible to kill it.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good.

What the *Censored* man?

It's very responsible to have sex and not conceive a child if you don't want to.

Again, you obviously completely reversed the situation. The conservatives, right wing politicians, and the goverment wants to BAN CHOICE.

It's really irresponsible to give birth to a child if you don't want it, or can't raise it properly.

*Censored* off. Again, I said a a lot of times, you've posted way more than just alst 5 pages, and yes, I've read them. And I'm not debating with you about Stephen *censored*ing Crowder lmao

what the f is your point?

Bolded: I responded directly to your random post, and you responded with something that wasn't even mentioned. we talked about having sex, conceiveing, giving birth toa child... not killing it.

Good.

What the *Censored* man?

*Censored* off. Again, I said a a lot of times, you've posted way more than just alst 5 pages, and yes, I've read them. And I'm not debating with you about Stephen *censored*ing Crowder lmao

what the f is your point?

Bolded: I responded directly to your random post, and you responded with something that wasn't even mentioned. we talked about having sex, conceiveing, giving birth toa child... not killing it.

And the overall topic is abortion.

I completely missed how not having sex to avoid getting pregnant is idiotic. ALL of us have been taught in our health classes that the only 100% surefire way to not get pregnant or impregnate is to abstain. I've disagreed on alot of your point aono, but fighting that one is worthless. No preventative scientific method of birth control is 100%

Personally I find my position of not having sex until you are both ready and can handle the risks that might come with it together to be more respectful to women. But to each their own.

Flawed logic 101.

People do understand the risks that might come with having sex...which is exactly why abortions exist. You're acting like everyone who has an abortion is some brain-dead moron who was running around being careless with a few dozen partners. The truth is, people responsibly have sex with birth control and condoms...and things still happen. Abortions are the final option. Abortions are risk management, and abortions are being responsible for your actions. Conservatives need to stop forcing everyone to be exactly like they are. Freedom of choice is more important than offending your skewed values.

And let's not even get started on that line about being "more respectful to women". Having respect for women means understanding that they have flaws and make mistakes. It means allowing them to make decisions that affect them on a personal level. Decisions that are not yours to make.

It's not being responsible. In no world would any rational human being say that abortion is responsible. That's absurd. I'm not going to sit here and argue for banning abortions but let's not pretend abortions are just no big deal. And there are arguments to be made about a man's choice in someone killing his kid. So it's not just the woman's choice and it shouldn't be in any normal case

Yes, it is responsible to accept that you are not ready to care for another life. Far more responsible than the people who have no business raising children but have a dozen of them.

As for it being "a man's choice"...what is your point? I could agree that maybe it should be discussed between both parties and agreed upon. If anything, I could see wanting stricter guidelines that both parties must sign a waiver...but a total ban does not accomplish that. You're giving no real solutions. As usual.

And literally no one said "abortions are no big deal". NO ONE.

Again, mothers are the ones who carry the fetus and puts her life at risk to give birth. the father does nothing other than impregnate her, and he can leave anytime he wants even if they agree to raise the baby together. Plus, the father has a choice at the beginning, like I said. Ask if she wants a family, and if she says no kids or getting pregnant, then he can move on.

And the mother can leave and never see the kid again after she gives birth. You think being a single father is easy? There is a lot less support for single fathers than single mothers. Both parents have a choice to use protection or not, and that last sentence goes both ways. What if the mom wants a kid while the father doesn't? Barring extreme circumstances like rape or the mother's health being in danger should she go through with the pregnancy, both parents should have to sign off on an abortion.

Yes the mother can, and many mothers have, but the main difference, if you don't understand biology, is that SHE'S still the one who gives birth and still the one who can actually die from childbirth, not fathers.

If the mom wants a kid, then she'll have the kid and raise it. Before you ask the obvious question, the obvious answer is that women go through danger during pregnancy and giving birth, while men don't.

And no, both parents shouldn't. Only the pregnant woman does. What if the father decides to leave her a week after she finds out she's pregnant, and she doesn't want the baby anymore? Why should her choice be taken away?

And you don't understand how parenting works. Stop acting as if being a single dad is a walk in the park. Imagine having to raise a child with no support group or anyone to help you out.

You are aware of low the rate of death during childbirth is right? In the US it is 16 deaths for every 100,000 women in labour. If my math is correct that is a 0.016% chance. Extremely low. There is more chance of her dying from being run over.

In that situation you A: track the father down and ask him or B: if he cannot be tracked down for whatever reason his right to sign is rescinded. Though if he has already *censored*ed off after a week he obviously has no interest in the kid anyway. But if the father is actually there and DOES want the kid, then he should have the right to raise it even if the mother doesn't.

Where did I ever say being a single dad is easy? But I highly doubt single dads wouldn't have support group or anyone to help them. Feel free to provide stats or proof on that.

It doesn't matter how low the rate is, there's still a chance of pregnancy or birth going wrong, and the mother dying or being permanently impacted by the experience for a kid that she doesn't want. Why should she go through with it?

Nah, that's bullshit. Fathers shouldn't have a say whether the women want to get an abortion or not. If we somehow find a way for all the risks of pregnancy and birth be passed on to the fathers though, then sure, he should get a say. Until then, women's bodies, women's choice.

And as I've said, if he wants to have kids, then he should discuss that with the woman before entering a committed relationship.

You are aware protection isn't 100% effective, right? And why shouldn't they have sex just because of conservatives' hatred of women? As I said, if men got pregnant, then guaranteed no republican would be arguing to protect fetuses.

I'm not advocating killing any kid, there's no kid in abortion, just an embryo. Why should the woman risk her life giving birth to a kid that she doesn't want? If you're so worried about an embryo, then go to abortion clinics and pledge to support moms and their babies if they choose to give birth. And hell, support Planned Parenthood and better sex ed to reduce abortion.

The 2nd bold part answers the question to your first bold part. No?

No it does not. Shockingly, humans don't have sex just to reproduce. They probably did over 5 centuries ago, but this isn't the 1500s.

wait what?

She shouldn't have sex because of the risk of getting pregnant?

I thought today, in the 21. century that it's been established that people have sex not only to reproduce? Or maybe I'm living in a fantasy woeld *shrug*

Maybe work on better sex education and educate on the importance of contraception?

@KingRyderFan

why do you always in every issue, out of nowhere have do the "but what about men" schtik. that's why I called you out on it before (that time, I read that BS long post, but for a while didn't have time to respond, after that I thought it was too late anyway). that's what I've been saying about takong up space and derailing the issue. and of course there's a place and time for that...

Firstly, let me say I agree with the first half of your post. We need better sex education, and everyone should have the right to contraception.

Now, onto your question, it is because I feel that both men and women have their own issues in society. However, it seems that women's issues are focused on more than men's. For instance, if a woman is a victim of domestic abuse there are plenty of shelters and support she can go to, but if a male is a victim, he is SOL. As for that long post? It was about an issue I brought up on my own. Let's look at the post that started it all:

Instead if gun debate part 5,247,743,577, how about we change the topic to something fresh?

https://www.al.com/politics/2019/05/alabama-bill-would-criminalize-false-rape-accusations.html

Honestly, this is a step in the right direction. Only thing I am worried about is true victims of rape having their cases thrown out due to lack of evidence and being charged.

No deflecting there, until you and M3J came along with your "but what about real rapes?" stuff, and you say there is a time and a place for it? Well considering that we can discuss gun and abortion laws in this thread, I think its only fair that we can discuss rape laws here, seeing as it has ties to the latter.

I'm sorry we care about actual victims who rarely see justice and actually have to live with having their bodies violated. If only men like you cared as much about victims of rape as you do false accusations, maybe we'd see tons more guilty people charged and thrown in jail and can do something about false accusations.

Women's issues are more focused on because they go through a lot more. Far more women are abused and are at disadvantage than men. Even if she does somehow find a shelter she can go to, nothing will stop her abusive s/o or ex from finding her and beating her or killing her. A male victim is shit out of luck because of how the society treats male victims, from trying to repress his emotions to not believing he can be a victim. Again, Terry Crews was sexually assaulted and guess what happened? Women supported him while men made fun of him and refused to believe him, saying he should have fought back. It's our own fault we don't have as much help or resources...

Hell, I read how Clark Gable tried to make sure no one caught him reading books because that wasn't seen as masculine. Hell, when women teachers were caught raping underage boys, most men said they were jealous of the boys and how they wished that happened to them, not even caring that it's statutory rape and creepy. I've seen more women defend these boys.

There are men who won't even think about the fact that men can get sexually harassed and assaulted too, but when women talk about their experiences, then somehow these men will say "men too!" Then in few hours when a male victim comes forward, they'll attack the victim and refuse to believe him, even shit on him. The problem lies with men and how they act, towards other men that aren't masculine (or act manly in moments) and towards women.

How so?

Because that would encompass personal responsibility. The left wants us to remain kids forever and let the parents (government) take care of all of their problems, until the government says no.

Sounds like horseshit, and ironic coming from someone whose party will screw over average citizens to line its own pockets and keep the wealthy wealthy.

Yes, it is responsible to accept that you are not ready to care for another life. Far more responsible than the people who have no business raising children but have a dozen of them.

As for it being "a man's choice"...what is your point? I could agree that maybe it should be discussed between both parties and agreed upon. If anything, I could see wanting stricter guidelines that both parties must sign a waiver...but a total ban does not accomplish that. You're giving no real solutions. As usual.

This is 100% true. I don't know why anti-abortionists find this hard to understand, but then again they're most likely terrible parents as well.

Again, mothers are the ones who carry the fetus and puts her life at risk to give birth. the father does nothing other than impregnate her, and he can leave anytime he wants even if they agree to raise the baby together. Plus, the father has a choice at the beginning, like I said. Ask if she wants a family, and if she says no kids or getting pregnant, then he can move on.

And the mother can leave and never see the kid again after she gives birth. You think being a single father is easy? There is a lot less support for single fathers than single mothers. Both parents have a choice to use protection or not, and that last sentence goes both ways. What if the mom wants a kid while the father doesn't? Barring extreme circumstances like rape or the mother's health being in danger should she go through with the pregnancy, both parents should have to sign off on an abortion.

Yes the mother can, and many mothers have, but the main difference, if you don't understand biology, is that SHE'S still the one who gives birth and still the one who can actually die from childbirth, not fathers.

If the mom wants a kid, then she'll have the kid and raise it. Before you ask the obvious question, the obvious answer is that women go through danger during pregnancy and giving birth, while men don't.

And no, both parents shouldn't. Only the pregnant woman does. What if the father decides to leave her a week after she finds out she's pregnant, and she doesn't want the baby anymore? Why should her choice be taken away?

And you don't understand how parenting works. Stop acting as if being a single dad is a walk in the park. Imagine having to raise a child with no support group or anyone to help you out.

You are aware of low the rate of death during childbirth is right? In the US it is 16 deaths for every 100,000 women in labour. If my math is correct that is a 0.016% chance. Extremely low. There is more chance of her dying from being run over.

In that situation you A: track the father down and ask him or B: if he cannot be tracked down for whatever reason his right to sign is rescinded. Though if he has already *censored*ed off after a week he obviously has no interest in the kid anyway. But if the father is actually there and DOES want the kid, then he should have the right to raise it even if the mother doesn't.

Where did I ever say being a single dad is easy? But I highly doubt single dads wouldn't have support group or anyone to help them. Feel free to provide stats or proof on that.

It doesn't matter how low the rate is, there's still a chance of pregnancy or birth going wrong, and the mother dying or being permanently impacted by the experience for a kid that she doesn't want. Why should she go through with it?

Nah, that's bullshit. Fathers shouldn't have a say whether the women want to get an abortion or not. If we somehow find a way for all the risks of pregnancy and birth be passed on to the fathers though, then sure, he should get a say. Until then, women's bodies, women's choice.

And as I've said, if he wants to have kids, then he should discuss that with the woman before entering a committed relationship.

You are aware protection isn't 100% effective, right? And why shouldn't they have sex just because of conservatives' hatred of women? As I said, if men got pregnant, then guaranteed no republican would be arguing to protect fetuses.

I'm not advocating killing any kid, there's no kid in abortion, just an embryo. Why should the woman risk her life giving birth to a kid that she doesn't want? If you're so worried about an embryo, then go to abortion clinics and pledge to support moms and their babies if they choose to give birth. And hell, support Planned Parenthood and better sex ed to reduce abortion.

The 2nd bold part answers the question to your first bold part. No?

No it does not. Shockingly, humans don't have sex just to reproduce. They probably did over 5 centuries ago, but this isn't the 1500s.

wait what?

I thought today, in the 21. century that it's been established that people have sex not only to reproduce? Or maybe I'm living in a fantasy woeld *shrug*

Maybe work on better sex education and educate on the importance of contraception?

@KingRyderFan

why do you always in every issue, out of nowhere have do the "but what about men" schtik. that's why I called you out on it before (that time, I read that BS long post, but for a while didn't have time to respond, after that I thought it was too late anyway). that's what I've been saying about takong up space and derailing the issue. and of course there's a place and time for that...

Firstly, let me say I agree with the first half of your post. We need better sex education, and everyone should have the right to contraception.

Now, onto your question, it is because I feel that both men and women have their own issues in society. However, it seems that women's issues are focused on more than men's. For instance, if a woman is a victim of domestic abuse there are plenty of shelters and support she can go to, but if a male is a victim, he is SOL. As for that long post? It was about an issue I brought up on my own. Let's look at the post that started it all:

Instead if gun debate part 5,247,743,577, how about we change the topic to something fresh?

https://www.al.com/politics/2019/05/alabama-bill-would-criminalize-false-rape-accusations.html

Honestly, this is a step in the right direction. Only thing I am worried about is true victims of rape having their cases thrown out due to lack of evidence and being charged.

No deflecting there, until you and M3J came along with your "but what about real rapes?" stuff, and you say there is a time and a place for it? Well considering that we can discuss gun and abortion laws in this thread, I think its only fair that we can discuss rape laws here, seeing as it has ties to the latter.

I'm sorry we care about actual victims who rarely see justice and actually have to live with having their bodies violated. If only men like you cared as much about victims of rape as you do false accusations, maybe we'd see tons more guilty people charged and thrown in jail and can do something about false accusations.

Women's issues are more focused on because they go through a lot more. Far more women are abused and are at disadvantage than men. Even if she does somehow find a shelter she can go to, nothing will stop her abusive s/o or ex from finding her and beating her or killing her. A male victim is shit out of luck because of how the society treats male victims, from trying to repress his emotions to not believing he can be a victim. Again, Terry Crews was sexually assaulted and guess what happened? Women supported him while men made fun of him and refused to believe him, saying he should have fought back. It's our own fault we don't have as much help or resources...

Hell, I read how Clark Gable tried to make sure no one caught him reading books because that wasn't seen as masculine. Hell, when women teachers were caught raping underage boys, most men said they were jealous of the boys and how they wished that happened to them, not even caring that it's statutory rape and creepy. I've seen more women defend these boys.

There are men who won't even think about the fact that men can get sexually harassed and assaulted too, but when women talk about their experiences, then somehow these men will say "men too!" Then in few hours when a male victim comes forward, they'll attack the victim and refuse to believe him, even shit on him. The problem lies with men and how they act, towards other men that aren't masculine (or act manly in moments) and towards women.

How so?

Sounds like horseshit, and ironic coming from someone whose party will screw over average citizens to line its own pockets and keep the wealthy wealthy.

This is 100% true. I don't know why anti-abortionists find this hard to understand, but then again they're most likely terrible parents as well.

If you are referring to tax cuts, you mean having people keep more of their own money. Fixed that for you.

1. Where did I ever say being a single dad is easy? But I highly doubt single dads wouldn't have support group or anyone to help them. Feel free to provide stats or proof on that.

2. It doesn't matter how low the rate is, there's still a chance of pregnancy or birth going wrong, and the mother dying or being permanently impacted by the experience for a kid that she doesn't want. Why should she go through with it?

3. Nah, that's bullshit. Fathers shouldn't have a say whether the women want to get an abortion or not. If we somehow find a way for all the risks of pregnancy and birth be passed on to the fathers though, then sure, he should get a say. Until then, women's bodies, women's choice.

4. And as I've said, if he wants to have kids, then he should discuss that with the woman before entering a committed relationship.

wait what?

@KingRyderFan

5. I'm sorry we care about actual victims who rarely see justice and actually have to live with having their bodies violated. If only men like you cared as much about victims of rape as you do false accusations, maybe we'd see tons more guilty people charged and thrown in jail and can do something about false accusations.

6. Women's issues are more focused on because they go through a lot more. Far more women are abused and are at disadvantage than men. Even if she does somehow find a shelter she can go to, nothing will stop her abusive s/o or ex from finding her and beating her or killing her. A male victim is shit out of luck because of how the society treats male victims, from trying to repress his emotions to not believing he can be a victim. Again, Terry Crews was sexually assaulted and guess what happened? Women supported him while men made fun of him and refused to believe him, saying he should have fought back. It's our own fault we don't have as much help or resources...

7. Hell, I read how Clark Gable tried to make sure no one caught him reading books because that wasn't seen as masculine. Hell, when women teachers were caught raping underage boys, most men said they were jealous of the boys and how they wished that happened to them, not even caring that it's statutory rape and creepy. I've seen more women defend these boys.

8, There are men who won't even think about the fact that men can get sexually harassed and assaulted too, but when women talk about their experiences, then somehow these men will say "men too!" Then in few hours when a male victim comes forward, they'll attack the victim and refuse to believe him, even shit on him. The problem lies with men and how they act, towards other men that aren't masculine (or act manly in moments) and towards women.

1. You sure do act like it. Just from a quick google lands me generic men's rights stuff for "single father support group" while "single mother support group" actually gives links to proper support groups.

2. Because it's the fathers kid. That rate does matter. You have a higher chance of dying on the road. Should all women be accompanied by a man anytime they wanna drive then? The risk of death during pregnancy is minimal.

3. Yes they should. Father's baby, father's choice.

4. So unplanned pregnancies do not exist then?

5. How many times to I have to say it? You can focus on both at the same time. Want me to put it in fancy Word Art for you? Remember the story about the boy who cried wolf?If you doing something about those crying wolf then those who are actually telling the truth are more likely to be believed. A proper society both believes the innocent and punishes the guilty. Not just one of them.

6. Not really. I like the way you are acting as if males are the only ones capable of being crazed and obsessed stalkers. Obsession and crazy knows no gender.

7. Exactly. Its a societal problem that needs to be addressed.

8. Not really, there is a reason as to why several men's right groups exist. It's so men CAN get the first word in on things like these. There are so many generalisations in that last bit I don't know where to start.

1. Where did I ever say being a single dad is easy? But I highly doubt single dads wouldn't have support group or anyone to help them. Feel free to provide stats or proof on that.

2. It doesn't matter how low the rate is, there's still a chance of pregnancy or birth going wrong, and the mother dying or being permanently impacted by the experience for a kid that she doesn't want. Why should she go through with it?

3. Nah, that's bullshit. Fathers shouldn't have a say whether the women want to get an abortion or not. If we somehow find a way for all the risks of pregnancy and birth be passed on to the fathers though, then sure, he should get a say. Until then, women's bodies, women's choice.

4. And as I've said, if he wants to have kids, then he should discuss that with the woman before entering a committed relationship.

wait what?

@KingRyderFan

5. I'm sorry we care about actual victims who rarely see justice and actually have to live with having their bodies violated. If only men like you cared as much about victims of rape as you do false accusations, maybe we'd see tons more guilty people charged and thrown in jail and can do something about false accusations.

6. Women's issues are more focused on because they go through a lot more. Far more women are abused and are at disadvantage than men. Even if she does somehow find a shelter she can go to, nothing will stop her abusive s/o or ex from finding her and beating her or killing her. A male victim is shit out of luck because of how the society treats male victims, from trying to repress his emotions to not believing he can be a victim. Again, Terry Crews was sexually assaulted and guess what happened? Women supported him while men made fun of him and refused to believe him, saying he should have fought back. It's our own fault we don't have as much help or resources...

7. Hell, I read how Clark Gable tried to make sure no one caught him reading books because that wasn't seen as masculine. Hell, when women teachers were caught raping underage boys, most men said they were jealous of the boys and how they wished that happened to them, not even caring that it's statutory rape and creepy. I've seen more women defend these boys.

8, There are men who won't even think about the fact that men can get sexually harassed and assaulted too, but when women talk about their experiences, then somehow these men will say "men too!" Then in few hours when a male victim comes forward, they'll attack the victim and refuse to believe him, even shit on him. The problem lies with men and how they act, towards other men that aren't masculine (or act manly in moments) and towards women.

1. You sure do act like it. Just from a quick google lands me generic men's rights stuff for "single father support group" while "single mother support group" actually gives links to proper support groups.

2. Because it's the fathers kid. That rate does matter. You have a higher chance of dying on the road. Should all women be accompanied by a man anytime they wanna drive then? The risk of death during pregnancy is minimal.

3. Yes they should. Father's baby, father's choice.

4. So unplanned pregnancies do not exist then?

5. How many times to I have to say it? You can focus on both at the same time. Want me to put it in fancy Word Art for you? Remember the story about the boy who cried wolf?If you doing something about those crying wolf then those who are actually telling the truth are more likely to be believed. A proper society both believes the innocent and punishes the guilty. Not just one of them.

6. Not really. I like the way you are acting as if males are the only ones capable of being crazed and obsessed stalkers. Obsession and crazy knows no gender.

7. Exactly. Its a societal problem that needs to be addressed.

8. Not really, there is a reason as to why several men's right groups exist. It's so men CAN get the first word in on things like these. There are so many generalisations in that last bit I don't know where to start.

1. Do I, or are you interpreting it that way because you don't care about women and don't like it when men aren't talked about? Or when the subject is the issues women go through, and you're one of those guys who interrupt such convos with "men too?!" And that's because more often than not, women are usually the ones that end up being single moms while it's rare in fathers' cases. Hell, I know tons of feminists who hate how biased the laws are against fathers who love their kids and want to take care of them; they know how unfair it is to the dads. The unfair bias comes from how often dads abandon their families or are deadbeats.

2. The rate does not matter, there's still a chance a woman might die. It's still her choice as to whether she wants to go through the pregnancy or not. Also pretty sure you're going about this the wrong way. Besides, if the guy really wants a baby, then he can adopt one.

3. No, women's body, women's choice.

4. It does. What's your point? Hell, unplanned pregnancy can mean she doesn't even have to tell the dad.

5. No you can't. We don't live in a proper society, we live in a society where guilty offenders can get away with rape, like how a 26-year old bus driver raped a 14-year old kid. How many times do I have to say it? I don't know how I can dumb it up, but focusing on both will result in more people focusing on false accusations. Less than 8% of all accusations are false, and over 80% of rapists get away scot-free, and yet guess which one you're more worried about? You can get rid of "crying wolf," and people will still doubt or refuse to believe victims. If you can't understand or see that by now, then there's really no point in discussing this.

6. If I recall correctly, males are more likely to be crazed and obsessed stalkers.

7. Yes. And not when women are talking about their own experiences. More of that issue lies with men and how we treat each other.

8. No, several men's rights groups, from what I've seen, are horseshit and made to counter women who are trying to seek equality and safety. You basically explained how toxic these groups are with "so men can get the first words in!" Their goal isn't to help men out, it's to silent women and keep them down. I've also seen tons of guys act as I've said. If you feel generalized, then that's your problem, not mine, but it's a problem when these guys never mention men's mental health or that they can be victims unless women are talking about the issues they have or face.

tbf though, you defending men's rights groups says it all.

1. Do I, or are you interpreting it that way because you don't care about women and don't like it when men aren't talked about? Or when the subject is the issues women go through, and you're one of those guys who interrupt such convos with "men too?!" And that's because more often than not, women are usually the ones that end up being single moms while it's rare in fathers' cases. Hell, I know tons of feminists who hate how biased the laws are against fathers who love their kids and want to take care of them; they know how unfair it is to the dads. The unfair bias comes from how often dads abandon their families or are deadbeats.

2. The rate does not matter, there's still a chance a woman might die. It's still her choice as to whether she wants to go through the pregnancy or not. Also pretty sure you're going about this the wrong way. Besides, if the guy really wants a baby, then he can adopt one.

3. No, women's body, women's choice.

4. It does. What's your point? Hell, unplanned pregnancy can mean she doesn't even have to tell the dad.

5. No you can't. We don't live in a proper society, we live in a society where guilty offenders can get away with rape, like how a 26-year old bus driver raped a 14-year old kid. How many times do I have to say it? I don't know how I can dumb it up, but focusing on both will result in more people focusing on false accusations. Less than 8% of all accusations are false, and over 80% of rapists get away scot-free, and yet guess which one you're more worried about? You can get rid of "crying wolf," and people will still doubt or refuse to believe victims. If you can't understand or see that by now, then there's really no point in discussing this.

6. If I recall correctly, males are more likely to be crazed and obsessed stalkers.

7. Yes. And not when women are talking about their own experiences. More of that issue lies with men and how we treat each other.

8. No, several men's rights groups, from what I've seen, are horseshit and made to counter women who are trying to seek equality and safety. You basically explained how toxic these groups are with "so men can get the first words in!" Their goal isn't to help men out, it's to silent women and keep them down. I've also seen tons of guys act as I've said. If you feel generalized, then that's your problem, not mine, but it's a problem when these guys never mention men's mental health or that they can be victims unless women are talking about the issues they have or face.

tbf though, you defending men's rights groups says it all.

1. Nice to see you make assumptions about me, though I will agree on the second half. Deadbeat dads are a REAL problem.

2. No, it does matter, as the chances of death are extremely minimal. Sex is a two person activity. If a woman really wants a baby without a man's involvement she can easily adopt or go to a sperm donor. It works both ways.

3. That rhetoric is so sexist it is unreal. I am still waiting for you to tell me how my idea of both parents having to sign off on an abortion is "bullshit".

4. My point is that there are people out there who don't plan on having kids, yet will put their all into parents should a pregnancy happen. As for that second sentence? Please please please, for the love of all that is holy, please tell me you do not advocate a woman not telling the father she is pregnant, getting an abortion behind his back and acting like she was never pregnant at all. I should not have to tell you have much of huge, huge, huge breach of basic trust and respect that is.

5. Yes we can. Is that example the only one you got? While I agree it is a huge miscarriage of justice, it seems like an anomaly. You wanna know why people will focus more on false rapes if we try to tackle both? It is because the the first step to fixing any broken system is to look at how it is being abused and fix it as soon as possible. Running a store which is losing money? Check how much you are losing due to shoplifters. Same deal here. Granted, no matter what steps we take, there will be people screaming "innocent!" or "guilty!" despite what the evidence suggests, but we can't just sit around and do nothing.

6. Yes men seem to be more likely, but that is most likely because when women stalk men, it is far less likely to be reported due to the whole bullshit society places on making men have to appear "tough" and "macho", or the idea that he was asking for it.

7. Yeah it is a societal attitude that needs to be fixed, as I said in point 6.

8. You are aware that both sides have their extremists who just hate the opposite gender right? Yes there are "men's rights groups" who hate women, but those are not true representations of MRAs, they are just sexist pricks. Much in the same vein that "feminist" groups who go around spewing bullshit like "men cannot get raped" or "destroy the patriachry" (what does that even mean?) are not true feminists. I have seen "feminist" groups whose sole goal was to shut down everything relating to helping out, like opposing the building of a shelter for abused men. What I meant by "getting the first word in" was that men can stand up and say things "Hey why are there not more men's shelters?" without needing to be provoked by anyone, for lack of a better phrase. To be honest, I think it is really sad you are painting all men's rights groups with the same brush.

Trump bypassing congress for what he calls "emergency" arms deal with Saudi Arabia.

I'm just gonna take a deep breath and go outside...

Not a fan of bypassing Congress to arm people. This screams every President before him in recent memory.

You know what's almost more important than doing something? Making a big *censored*ing public ordeal about it. Discretion is key when talking about any deal. I don't support relations with Saudi Arabia at all...but, the thing that I support even less is calling an arms deal an "emergency" and giving them public, mainstream exposure.

Wonder how popular SA is among Trump supporters. Hoping not at all, and that the supporters can somehow influence Trump to boycott or oppose SA instead of letting them get away with so much. SA recently came under fire for humans right violation, when a Filipino (I believe?) maid worker was tied to a tree outside for hours as a punishment for leaving furniture outside in the sun. Some people called the authorities or something, and the embassy got involved and allowed her to go back home.

Funny thing is, Trump supporters whine and complain about those left of the center hating Trump or being against him, when it's his bigotry, lies, and general stupidity that's gotten people to dislike him. If he apologized for all of that and took action to make amends, then those to the left of center wouldn't dislike him, but majority of his supporters would turn on him for not being Islamophobic, homophobic, racist, and trash towards immigrants and undocumented immigrants.

I mean, those who are center or left of center actually praised Trump for banning bump stocks (I think?) and Tomi for being the only right winger/republican to make sense on abortion.

Wonder how popular SA is among Trump supporters. Hoping not at all, and that the supporters can somehow influence Trump to boycott or oppose SA instead of letting them get away with so much. SA recently came under fire for humans right violation, when a Filipino (I believe?) maid worker was tied to a tree outside for hours as a punishment for leaving furniture outside in the sun. Some people called the authorities or something, and the embassy got involved and allowed her to go back home.

Funny thing is, Trump supporters whine and complain about those left of the center hating Trump or being against him, when it's his bigotry, lies, and general stupidity that's gotten people to dislike him. If he apologized for all of that and took action to make amends, then those to the left of center wouldn't dislike him, but majority of his supporters would turn on him for not being Islamophobic, homophobic, racist, and trash towards immigrants and undocumented immigrants.

I mean, those who are center or left of center actually praised Trump for banning bump stocks (I think?) and Tomi for being the only right winger/republican to make sense on abortion.

Painting with a broad brush I see.

I don't think anyone likes Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately, they are a necessary evil with their supply of fossil fuels. Everyone wants to get away from fossil fuels to limit the Middle East's power on the rest of the world. The way to go about it is where we differ.

I see nothing wrong in what I said. His platform is based on bigotry and hatred and normalizing both, and if he reverses that then he won't get support from the right and the bigots.

They don't seem to be that necessary, especially since they're not the only country with fossil fuels. Besides, we're giving too much power to SA by letting them get away with shit and giving them money.

I see nothing wrong in what I said. His platform is based on bigotry and hatred and normalizing both, and if he reverses that then he won't get support from the right and the bigots.

They don't seem to be that necessary, especially since they're not the only country with fossil fuels. Besides, we're giving too much power to SA by letting them get away with shit and giving them money.

1) They are the most friendly with the western world.

2) If you don't buy from Saudi Arabia, you have to buy from some other country with human rights violations.

A lot people on the right don't support him. honestly at times you come off as just as judgmental of the right, as homophobic people do of gays.

Precisely. I tend to agree with about 85% of his policies, and about 45% of what he says. Dude just needs to shut up most of the time.

You don't know much about psychology, do you?

They are literally responsible for the largest tragedy in US history...

Those are claims that have never been proven and are still ongoing in court. On June 29, 2009 the United States Supreme Court refused to hear an appeal of a lower court decision that held that the Royal Family are immune from suits in U.S. courts due to a 1976 law. According to The Times "The documents provide no smoking gun connecting the royal family to the events of Sept. 11, 2001. And the broader links rely at times on a circumstantial, connect-the-dots approach to tie together Saudi princes, Middle Eastern charities, suspicious transactions and terrorist groups". What has been proven is that Al-Qaeda and the Taliban were responsible. Al-Qaeda coordinated the attack and the Taliban were giving them safe harbor.

A lot people on the right don't support him. honestly at times you come off as just as judgmental of the right, as homophobic people do of gays.

I did say most of his supporters, and a lot of his supporters are loud right wingers. And it's hard not to judge these right wingers when tons of them share similar/same thoughts, from bigotry and gun rights to silly economical views.

And I don't feel bad at all when I see and hear conservatives and the right judge anything to the left of center as bad or mentally ill or whatever bullshit.

2) If you don't buy from Saudi Arabia, you have to buy from some other country with human rights violations.

Precisely. I tend to agree with about 85% of his policies, and about 45% of what he says. Dude just needs to shut up most of the time.

2) Like us. I did some research yesterday, and apparently USA, China, and I think Russia are the biggest suppliers/manufacturers of fossil fuel.

On a different subject, I'm watching this documentary on the 1930s and so far, it seems FDR really was a great president who contributed a lot to the country, arguably more than 98% of the presidents. Hoover was a failure, especially because of the whole obsession that republicans have with businesses. Wonder if Teddy Roosevelt could have helped alleviate the problems that the country went through, especially with how he was for keeping businesses under control.

Archived