U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://twitter.com/adamserwer/status/1100629482539569153?s=21 Michael Cohen happily burning shit down on his way to prison is the only thing I can respect him for.

This is a dangerous game, as it will make it easier for Trump to say that he's a bitter liar.

Really no need to vent dirty laundry to such an extreme.

I mean...I fully believe it, 100%. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Trump is a sad little man. But it's a dangerous and unnecessary game. He should give the details that pertain to the investigation itself, and keep the personal attacks to a minimum. Hell...knowing this political landscape, that might be his exact intent...to make so many personal attacks that his credibility is called into question, and the real info gets lost in the shuffle. Wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure you know a few diversion tactics when you're a lawyer for an asshole like Donny. When everyone is a turncoat, you have to tread lightly and question the reasoning for everything that is said and done. Why would Cohen leave himself open to that much scrutiny, if not by intention or design? He gets to technically tell the authorities all of the juicy details that he knows to be true, and simultaneously gives Trump an easy-out to claim that he's clearly lying because he's sharing stories that the authorities didn't even ask for.

Again...shit like that makes me uneasy.

Well you can just look at the fact that Cohen vehemently denied a pardon from Trump and was happy to go to prison and figure he has litte reason to lie. He is already going to jail. Plus already some of the stuff he is saying in his testimony is adding up.

I have to agree Cohan has proven that he will lie save himself and some of his stuff he said has contradicted what's no I have two side Republicans on this one where he can't be credible

That's not really what I said...but, sure.

For the record, I think Cohen is telling the truth. But he's doing it in a way that suits Trump to claim that he's lying out of spite. And, as for rejecting a presidential pardon, again...that's one of those things that could be seen as protecting Trump in a sense as well...by removing the pressure of Trump to do the unthinkable by issuing the pardon. I'm just saying...sometimes you light a fire to reduce the spread of fire somewhere else. As much as I want to enjoy Cohen spilling all the details of Trump being a complete scumbag, I have to be wary that he's doing it in a way that will reduce his own sentence, while also giving Trump the ammunition to claim "lies and slander".

I have to agree Cohan has proven that he will lie save himself and some of his stuff he said has contradicted what's no I have two side Republicans on this one where he can't be credible

That's not really what I said...but, sure.

For the record, I think Cohen is telling the truth. But he's doing it in a way that suits Trump to claim that he's lying out of spite. And, as for rejecting a presidential pardon, again...that's one of those things that could be seen as protecting Trump in a sense as well...by removing the pressure of Trump to do the unthinkable by issuing the pardon. I'm just saying...sometimes you light a fire to reduce the spread of fire somewhere else. As much as I want to enjoy Cohen spilling all the details of Trump being a complete scumbag, I have to be wary that he's doing it in a way that will reduce his own sentence, while also giving Trump the ammunition to claim "lies and slander".

I wasnt even quoting you I didn't read what you wrote at all

Watched pretty much the entire thing (the speech, and the questioning that followed from both sides)...(and then the second live hearing that started at 4 and just ended).

R's can't do anything but get flustered and shout about shit. They all out here like "I want to sweat a lot and shout about things...maybe cite a tweet, or an article from Vanity Fair". And don't me started on the fact that they brought an actual sign that said "Liar Liar Pants on Fire" into a court room...or got called out for using that black woman as a prop (they totally did). :lol:

And it's beyond hilarious that they keep calling Cohen a liar and trying to discredit him, when the entire reason he lied was in favor of Trump, which is what he's specifically trying to rectify. Like...the dude admitted to lying. I'm not sure they understand how logic works. You can't discredit someone for lying when the're going to prison for lying, and they acknowledge that same fact every 30 seconds...

And, holy shit...Chairman Cummings with that final statement. Dude is legit.

Things going on right now that are more important, in no particular order, than Cohan hearing IMO:

1.) House Democrats scheduled a subcommittee hearing on climate change. Not enough of them showed up to outvote the Republicans.

2.) Democrats blocking Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.

3.) Trump/North Korea Part 2

False. Nothing happening right now is "more important" than the Cohen hearing, because, it implicates the president of the United States as being a con and a fraud, a crook, and a man who would seek to undermine the entire democratic process to advance his own self-interests.

Uninstalling Trump from his position of power is absolutely the most important thing happening in US politics at the present (and in global politics, tbh). Everything else can follow. Many of these other problems will come to be more easily addressed when Trump is gone.

Nice attempt at deflection politics, though.

False. Nothing happening right now is "more important" than the Cohen hearing, because, it implicates the president of the United States as being a con and a fraud, a crook, and a man who would seek to undermine the entire democratic process to advance his own self-interests.

Uninstalling Trump from his position of power is absolutely the most important thing happening in US politics at the present (in global politics, tbh). Everything else can follow. Many of these other problems will dissolve naturally with Trump answering for his crimes.

Did you ever get around to watching the video I told you about? Never heard back from you regarding the Covington students.

Also, you still believe Trump is going to get impeached? Ok...You keep holding onto that dream.

I didn't say anything about impeachment. The man may finish his term, but he will go to prison. He might shake the Russian collusion by dumb luck alone. But, he will be indicted on his fraud charges. The stuff coming down from NY itself will do this man in.

And again with the Convington comment...more deflection from the most prevalent issue.

Nice.

Kudos.

I didn't watch the video, but I yield that I may have been mistaken. Although, that's really not here nor there with the issue that we're currently discussing. So...try again.

I didn't say anything about impeachment. The man may finish his term, but he will go to prison.

And again with the Convington comment...more deflection from thge most prevalent issue.

Nice.

Kudos.

LOL you think he's going to jail? Wow. The worst thing that happens to Trump is the democrats try to impeach him. The legal proceedings from that will last until the end of his first term. Trump will choose not to run for a second term and the democrats will focus on winning the presidency.

Also you essentially called those kids, racist pieces of shit. Then when 2 people called you out for being misinformed, you went quiet on this thread until today. I'm not trying to call you out, I wasn't looking for an apology. I was just hoping that you educated yourself.

Yes, he is going to prison.

Not jail. Prison.

He has committed countless acts of fraud and other business malpractices. Anyone without blinders on can see it. I've been calling this dude Kingpin from day one, and it's obvious that's who he is. Even Kingpin gets caught in the end.

"Laugh out loud" all that you want.

It will be the Sourthern District of NY that seals Trump's fate in the end, not a special council...and I'll be laughing when it happens.

Yes, he is going to prison.

Not jail. Prison.

He has committed countless acts of fraud and other business malpractices. Anyone without blinders on can see it. I've been calling this dude Kingpin from day one, and it's obvious that's who he is. Even Kingpin gets caught in the end.

"Laugh out loud" all that you want.

I'll be laughing in the end.

Gen. If you are right, I will come on here, apologize, and tell you that I was wrong. But I would not hold your breath.

Even if you believe Trump is guilty of every crime thrown his way. You would also have to believe that the democrats have the courage and backbone to throw a President of the United States in prison. Without them fearing how it might effect the party in future elections, or how it might effect them personally as you know the rest of the politicians in D.C. aren't exactly saints themselves.

If the government on both sides doesn't act accordingly to seek charges against Trump, to the full extent of his crimes, then there is not even a country worth protecting. It has long been said that the president is not above the law, and this is the only right thing to do to prove it. If Trump doesn't go to prison for a legitimate, proven, laundry list of criminal activities, then this country is already dead.

Say what you will about alleged wrong-doings of past presidents...they all had one thing in common: Not having testimony against them in a court of law for civilian crimes. Trump is as good as thrown under the bus already. People just need to decide whether they want to go with him or not.

And again...if NY charges Trump, they do so under their own jurisdiction. The supreme court might not have the balls to charge the former president of the United States...but you better believe that NY will.

https://twitter.com/adamserwer/status/1100629482539569153?s=21 Michael Cohen happily burning shit down on his way to prison is the only thing I can respect him for.

Is there anywhere where I can check out the summary?

Things going on right now that are more important, in no particular order, than Cohan hearing IMO:

1.) House Democrats scheduled a subcommittee hearing on climate change. Not enough of them showed up to outvote the Republicans.

2.) Democrats blocking Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.

3.) Trump/North Korea Part 2

2) That bill makes no sense, but I've never heard of doctors letting premature babies die. And if the moms were willing to carry their fetuses for that long, then I'm pretty sure they're going to do whatever they can to keep the babies alive.

In any case, as mentioned, I've not heard of any cases where expecting moms got abortion because they wanted to towards the last trimester or where doctors let the babies who survived die.

Uninstalling Trump from his position of power is absolutely the most important thing happening in US politics at the present (and in global politics, tbh). Everything else can follow. Many of these other problems will come to be more easily addressed when Trump is gone.

I mean, majority of us knew this about Trump, but he still became a candidate and won the presidency thanks to the politicians. At this point, given Trump's wealthy enough, I don't see him going to jail, or if he does, it'd probably be one of those jails for wealthy people/people who committed fraud kind of crimes.

As I've said, we need to worry about his supporters, not Trump himself. He's where he is because of his supporters and politicians, and I'm sure if his supporters started leaning left, he would too, while possibly making sure he benefits.

Btw, are people just ignoring the fact that Trump hasn't tweeted a single thing since the hearing actually occurred? He tweeted 18 hours ago, calling Cohen a liar and whatnot...but he hasn't actually responded to what was said today. I'm sure I'm supposed to believe that was because of his Vietnam trip, and him being "busy"...but, I really don't. It's certainly unusual for him to be this quiet when he usually has shit to say about everything. It's almost like he doesn't want to say the wrong thing or something. Hmmm...

I think I would cry laughing if Trump straight up calls him a snitch on Twitter.

Also, I wouldnt be suprised if Trump Jr. is in cuffs very soon. Ro Khanna helped Cohen expose his part in the campaign finance crimes.

I was just saying earlier how Kim Jong looks downright pleasant next to Trump.

When someone can make Kim Jong look like a giddy school child instead of an evil dictator, that's some serious mojo. And yeah...people have been lied to so much by Trump that being lied to in Korean somehow sounds better at this point.

---------------------------------------------------------

Also, you know...it's Trump's own fault.

You're only as credible as your own word. Seeing as how Trump said that Kim is a "good guy", is trustworthy, credible, etc...he effectively passed his word onto him. Either one is lying, or they're both lying. That's how it works when you vouch for someone like that.

If you tell me "My friend is a great guy, real good guy...very trustworthy"...then your friend better not do shit to wrong me, or you're taking the blame as well. I'm gonna say "Why did you tell me I should trust this asshole?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think people have appropriately processed the incredible number of felonies that Cohen directly implicated Trump in today. And its understandable, because its an incredible number. But here is my rough tally:

1. Conspiracy to defraud the United States (collusion) - Cohen's allegation that Trump and Stone spoke about the impending Wikileaks release of DNC emails before they were released with Stone asserting to Trump that he had communicated with Assange.
2. False statements - In response to a written question from Mueller, Trump reportedly denied ever having spoken to Stone about Wikileaks. Cohen said this is false.
3. False statements - In response to a written question from Mueller, Trump reportedly denied knowing about Don Jr's Trump Tower Meeting with Russians. Cohen said this is false.
4. Campaign finance violations - Cohen provided a check that shows that Trump reimbursed him for the $130,000 he paid to Stormy Daniels to conceal their affair.
5. Conspiracy to defraud the United States (election fraud) - Cohen alleged that Trump directed him and Allen Weisselberg of the Trump Organization to conceal his affair with Stormy Daniels with the intention of fraudulently influencing an election.
6. False statements on a loan application - Cohen brought Trump's partial financial records for 2011-2013 that Cohen alleged showed that Trump falsely inflated the value of his assets to obtain a loan in order to purchase the Buffalo Bills
7. Insurance fraud - Cohen alleged that Trump would make false insurance claims
8. Tax fraud - Cohen alleged that Trump would knowingly provide inaccurate lower values of his properties in order to fraudulently obtain tax benefits
9. Witness tampering - Cohen said that Trump's threatening tweets were an attempt to intimidate him, saying Trump could do "a lot" to hurt him and his family.
10. Suborning perjury - Cohen says that in a meeting in the White House, Trump indicated that he wanted Cohen to provide a false message saying "No Russia. No collusion."
11. Suborning perjury - Cohen says that Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow edited his Congressional testimony to falsely shorten the duration of the negotiations on the Trump Moscow project.
12. Obstruction of a Congressional proceeding - The witness tampering and the suborning perjury constitutes obstruction of a Congressional proceeding
13. Perjury - Cohen says that Trump's 2013 sworn testimony that he wouldn't recognize Felix Sater was clearly false, explaining that Sater had an office on the same floor as Trump in Trump Tower.
14. Illegal use of charity assets for personal benefit - Cohen alleged that Trump directed him to get a straw bidder to buy a portrait of Trump at an auction and that Trump then directed the Trump Foundation to reimburse the fake bidder with its assets.

Archived