How up to date are you expecting 2k18?

PopUpPowerPost

How up to date are you hoping the game to be, and what things are you expecting?

I do hope it's up to date around this time Attire, Tron, Tag/Stable wise for MyCareer. Especially as no voices.

(Unless we can edit beforehand and syncs with my career now, then not to bothered, biggest gripe). But yeah, these things I'm hoping also

Baron Corbin new theme

Seth Rollins new split intro

Kevin Owens stopped New Face of America gimmick, tron back to red and black

Johnny Gargano and Ciampa split up

Enzo and Cass split up

Jason Jordan and Chad Gable split

Miztourage

Ambrose and Rollins as tag (like Reigns and Ambrose last year). 50:50 actually cos I still believe Ambrose will turn heel.

Chris Jericho new colorful tron with sparkly scarf

Obviously other stuff be a dream, but these things I just expect due to them being little updates and still 3 months before release.

Biggest fear is the tags being so out dated default wise.

Pray draft is from post Summerslam but hopefully at LEAST pro mania with Jordan on Raw.

Bonus:

Buddy Murphy still on game

Austin Aries still on

Montez Ford being on there, so can make Street Profits.

The actual NXT champ to not be a DLC add on..

Again, if we can edit my career tags, default champs, divisions, draft and especially attires before starting (even during) instead of restricting to default, then it does solve a lot of the above problems.

When it comes to trons and themes I wish they would patch new ones in as they are released and support it all year round. We know they can do it as they've patched new Finn Balor entrances in before, just wish they would do it more frequently instead of 1 or 2 a year.

It is going to be really selective. Some wrestlers will have attires based off of WrestleMania 33 or later than that even while others will probably have attires from last year's Summerslam (I.e Cesaro and Owens in 2K17).

Theme wise I think the game will be mostly up to date, so some wrestlers will probably have an odd combination of new themes, old attires and semi old trons.

The tag scene will definitely be outdated. I am dead certain that Enzo and Cass will still be a tag team in mycareer, as will American Alpha. My guess would be a Mycareer based on November of last year.

If anything the games rosters are based as they usually were in April or May. Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford will definitely not be in since they were hardly on NXT during that time. Many things will certainly be in still, such as Enzo & Big Cass, American Alpha, & DIY before their split ups. A lot of the stuff you've mentioned didn't start until the end of June through July, so the game certainly won't be that up to date.

I really hate KO's new face of america graphics. I really hope he has his WM33/current titantron and graphics in the game.

Usually all wrestler's WM33 graphics/titantrons are used in the game.

For the tag teams. I expect most disbanded teams will still be a team in 2K18. I just wish they give us their current singles theme and titantrons for use in the game. Just like what THQ did for SVR 2006.

If you look at 17, Roman Reigns' default entrance was his Wrestlemania entrance with the pyro - he never used the pyro, or the ground punch after that entrance I don't think.

So I'm expecting, animation wise for the majority of entrances to be around April - The Hardys may even be DLC altogether.

I'm guessing that the titles will be:

Universal Champion: Brock Lesnar

World Champion: Bray Wyatt

US Champion: Kevin Owens

IC Champion: Miz

Raw Womens: Charlotte

Smackdown Womens: Alexa Bliss

Raw Tag Team: The Club (if Hardys aren't on disk)

Smackdown Tag Team: American Alpha

NXT: Bobby Roode

NXT Tag Team: Gargano and Ciampa

NXT Womens: Asuka

The default game will probably centered around the looks/entrances and roster of what was happening between the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.

Stuff like the Hardy Boyz returning i wouldn't bet on being in the game. Maybe DLC, but i wouldn't get any hopes up for it.

If you look at 17, Roman Reigns' default entrance was his Wrestlemania entrance with the pyro - he never used the pyro, or the ground punch after that entrance I don't think.

So I'm expecting, animation wise for the majority of entrances to be around April - The Hardys may even be DLC altogether.

I'm guessing that the titles will be:

Universal Champion: Brock Lesnar

World Champion: Bray Wyatt

US Champion: Kevin Owens

IC Champion: Miz

Raw Womens: Charlotte

Smackdown Womens: Alexa Bliss

Raw Tag Team: The Club (if Hardys aren't on disk)

Smackdown Tag Team: American Alpha

NXT: Bobby Roode

NXT Tag Team: Gargano and Ciampa

NXT Womens: Asuka

Summerslam is usually the cut off for the default champions. Also it is very easy to set the default champions in the game.

I agree with you regarding the entrances. They usually recreate entrances from Royal Rumble till Wrestlemania.

It's still bugging me if we will have the pre-iron body Jinder Mahal. Since he sporadically appears on tv before his push and the developers care less. I hope they updated him.

It's such a big change, that I suspect they'll try and re-work his model. This may mean that he's held over as DLC.

It is going to be really selective. Some wrestlers will have attires based off of WrestleMania 33 or later than that even while others will probably have attires from last year's Summerslam (I.e Cesaro and Owens in 2K17).

Theme wise I think the game will be mostly up to date, so some wrestlers will probably have an odd combination of new themes, old attires and semi old trons.

The tag scene will definitely be outdated. I am dead certain that Enzo and Cass will still be a tag team in mycareer, as will American Alpha. My guess would be a Mycareer based on November of last year.

*Censored* it, I'll take it

It's still bugging me if we will have the pre-iron body Jinder Mahal. Since he sporadically appears on tv before his push and the developers care less. I hope they updated him.

If nothing else you would think they will want to get the main title holders look correct. They definitely won't use an outdated model with a 77 overall on Mahal.

Well, let's be honest. The developers doesn't mind the jobbers/midcarders that much and Mahal only became a maineventer after he captured the title after Mania. and by that time I believe they are already polishing the game. Let's just wait and see.

I expect Jinder to be a bit outdated in the game. A bit shorter hair but would still have his new body since when he returned he has that body. His entrance will be his jobber entrance when he teamed with Rusev. For his overall, i could see his stats have a bit of a bump. If he is originally in the range of 70+ for sure he will be updated to about 85 to 87.

I think some newer themes will be in, some won't because it doesn't fit their old entrance

Attire-wise everyone will have attires they wore between Nov-April with a few exceptions perhaps (like Rollins and Cena last year)

Jinder will look pretty much up to date appearance-wise but it will be he'll have his Jobber era entrance. His stats will be boosted and he could be the default champion as those things are simple fixes and usually reflect Summerslam time/the event itself.

A lot of split Tag Teams like Enzo & Cass will still be featured as a lot of splits were recent.

Kind of off-topic but I also have a feeling all the different trons are going to be hell in arenas they aren't made for; especially in the older HD sets. I also am curious if they are going to have multiple animations for any moves involving Ring Posts (Figure 4, Big Boot, Sami Zayn Tornado DDT, etc) as newer arenas have those LED Covers but other's don't.

Archived