The North Korea Situation

Generations

The most they could do is shoot it into the air or water. If they went for a country, that *censored*er would get shot down so fast.

If it went over Japan, then I disagree. You think Japan sat there while a missile went over them, like "should we shoot this down, or...nah?"

Not sure what defensive capability Japan has, they were pretty much prevented from having anything after WW2 - terms that still apply I think.

While unsettling, it does say a lot that North Korea fired the missile away from Guam (which they had specifically threatened) which makes me think it was trying to push the envelope as far as it could in terms of sabre rattling, without crossing the red line laid down by Trump.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most they could do is shoot it into the air or water. If they went for a country, that *censored*er would get shot down so fast.

If it went over Japan, then I disagree. You think Japan sat there while a missile went over them, like "should we shoot this down, or...nah?"

Japan had everybody on alert telling them to.seek shelter because they detected the missile, then sent out.another to alert that it had passed. It's not the first time North Korea has fired missiles over JP. They've been doing it since at least the 80s. They're not gonna retaliate until there's a reason to retaliate. The minute.that happens, the next minute there will only be one Korea. Sad as it is, I think the Asians are gonna be the only ones that care about the welfare of.the people. Everyone else will just use.the excuse to get Kim gone by any means

Japan had everybody on alert telling them to.seek shelter because they detected the missile, then sent out.another to alert that it had passed. It's not the first time North Korea has fired missiles over JP. They've been doing it since at least the 80s. They're not gonna retaliate until there's a reason to retaliate. The minute.that happens, the next minute there will only be one Korea. Sad as it is, I think the Asians are gonna be the only ones that care about the welfare of.the people. Everyone else will just use.the excuse to get Kim gone by any means

China and Russia would not be best pleased with US military intervention, both share a border with NK, and you can bet they do NOT want a US controlled / US sympathetic NK on their doorstep. Not withstanding the fact that NK will easily be able to aim artillery and missiles at South Korea, and kill millions within hours of seeing anything that resembles a US attack.

There's no easy military option, and in fact this could easily trigger a much larger conflict. IF the plan is regime change, then it will have to happen with the agreement of all the concerned parties, and relations between Washington and Beijing, and Washington and Moscow are hardly cordial.

Regarding Japan, as I said earlier, I don't believe they can retaliate to any great degree as they're still under strict controls governing their armed capabilities.

Japan must be taking dick swinging tips from US then cause everything I've seen sounds like "LET that muthafukka drop a missile on the island...". So if they're restricted, they're talking big game. That's bullsheeit btw, taking away a government's ability to protect itself. Who has them on lockdown?

Japan must be taking dick swinging tips from US then cause everything I've seen sounds like "LET that muthafukka drop a missile on the island...". So if they're restricted, they're talking big game. That's bullsheeit btw, taking away a government's ability to protect itself. Who has them on lockdown?

USA & UN. But they like Germany, don't seem to care as much about it, people have tried to get a military but the people didn't really want it.

USA & UN. But they like Germany, don't seem to care as much about it, people have tried to get a military but the people didn't really want it.

Yeah it's a legacy from World War II. All the "Axis Powers" were subjected to strict restrictions over future military capacity.

Yeah it's a legacy from World War II. All the "Axis Powers" were subjected to strict restrictions over future military capacity.

Those were cold war era restrictions. With them proven to be good allies with the US, they don't really have the same restrictions as they did back them. And with them being peaceful democracies they really don't need a large military anyway. Japan doesn't need any big missiles when the US can put them in the many bases they have over there anyway. (Well, Germany still had conscription for the longest time till 2011 until they decided to drop it).

Also http://www.businessinsider.com/these-are-the-worlds-20-strongest-militaries-ranked-2016-4

Japan is ranked number 4 in the world's strongest miltaries (with Germany being number 18)

Plus I'm pretty sure the US have installed missile shields in South Korea and Japan. If those two coldn't do it, the US coud have shot it down.

Those were cold war era restrictions. With them proven to be good allies with the US, they don't really have the same restrictions as they did back them. And with them being peaceful democracies they really don't need a large military anyway. Japan doesn't need any big missiles when the US can put them in the many bases they have over there anyway. (Well, Germany still had conscription for the longest time till 2011 until they decided to drop it).

Also http://www.businessinsider.com/these-are-the-worlds-20-strongest-militaries-ranked-2016-4

Japan is ranked number 4 in the world's strongest miltaries (with Germany being number 18)

Plus I'm pretty sure the US have installed missile shields in South Korea and Japan. If those two coldn't do it, the US coud have shot it down.

I stand corrected, thanks for the info.

Here I am thinking that the Russians had the most bodies all this time. And I had no idea India had it like that. I knew they were stacking chips but... not really the place I think of when I think military prowess. Interesting

Here I am thinking that the Russians had the most bodies all this time. And I had no idea India had it like that. I knew they were stacking chips but... not really the place I think of when I think military prowess. Interesting

India's most pressing concern is Pakistan, but it's a kind of stalemate because both have nuclear arms I think. I do know that the two are definitely adversarial towards each other.

In terms of raw numbers, Russia doesn't really have as much as you'd think given the size of the place. They have good technology and nuclear weapons however.

Numbers mean nothing as far as personnel goes when you and the other side have nukes and other less powerful but highly destructive long range weaponry. China could send half it's army in ships and airplanes to invade the US and the US would simply shoot the planes down as well as the ships and half their army would be wiped out. I think technology now matters more than ever in regards to military prowess.

military option is honesty the only option left everything else doesn't work just no one wants to push that button

False, a huge number of people do (including our president)...but those people are assholes. North Korea is full of good (innocent) people who already have a hard life under a tyrannical leader. Military option is a proper solution...but, not via a nuclear strike. What we honestly need, is a way to kill Kim Jong and shut down that administration without a major strike. A precautionary strike to beat a possible strike from NK is a tragedy that any decent humans would like to avoid.

military option is honesty the only option left everything else doesn't work just no one wants to push that button

False, a huge number of people do (including our president)...but those people are assholes. North Korea is full of good (innocent) people who already have a hard life under a tyrannical leader. Military option is a proper solution...but, not via a nuclear strike. What we honestly need, is a way to kill Kim Jong and shut down that administration without a major strike. A precautionary strike to beat a possible strike from NK is a tragedy that any decent humans would like to avoid.

that easier said then done

there fanatical over there like hardcore SS I don't see any possible way it could go down without a major strike

before anyonesaid anything no we cant send in a strike team navy seals in cuz they get massacred

Here's one example of you taking him seriously. And I can find more examples of other members responding to him seriously as well, like that guy in the Hurricane Irma thread.

Archived