Official NJPW G1 Climax 27 Discussion

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, so many high-quality matches in one weekend, let alone the span of a month. G1 is something special.

Another thing: I had the ending pinned from about 2 months ago, and it went down exactly how I thought, but I'm not mad. Sometimes, predictable booking can be a good thing, especially when the match quality is off the charts.

On top of that, the amount of returns this weekend was cool, from Daryl and Shibata, to Lance Archer and the team of KES, I'm still hanging out for more NJPW. Top that off with that little mystery vignette and the Wrestle Kingdom 12 promo (I plan on attending), and my interest has peaked.

Honestly my girl wants to go to Japan, and i told her the only way i would go would be at the start of January. I want to go so bad but thats a long flight for my first flight since 2001.

But watching all of the G1 matches and alot of of the other tags how can people not get into this promotion? There were legit quality matches every single night with the last three nights just being overdrive of amazing matches. There were reasons to care about almost every match, even for alot of dudes i don't really care about.

My gf and I went earlier this year, and I made it to a Korakuen Hall show. Seeing Shibata and Will Ospreay running full speed into one another after an intense staredown is a memory that won't fade. Japan is an awesome country to visit, and I highly recommend it.

For WK12, my plan was to only go to the dome show, but my gf insisted we try and go to another Korakuen Hall show as well. I cannot wait. Here's hoping I get the money in time to go.

This mad man Omega putting on two 5 star matches in two days, holy shit! I was so happy to see Shibata back, there were people crying in the crowd, what a moment! The Jr. Tag Title match was great too, what a show.

On top of that, the amount of returns this weekend was cool, from Daryl and Shibata, to Lance Archer and the team of KES, I'm still hanging out for more NJPW. Top that off with that little mystery vignette and the Wrestle Kingdom 12 promo (I plan on attending), and my interest has peaked.

I must've missed that, when did that happen??

I must've missed that, when did that happen??

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXuiky_hSpL/

My gf and I went earlier this year, and I made it to a Korakuen Hall show. Seeing Shibata and Will Ospreay running full speed into one another after an intense staredown is a memory that won't fade. Japan is an awesome country to visit, and I highly recommend it.

For WK12, my plan was to only go to the dome show, but my gf insisted we try and go to another Korakuen Hall show as well. I cannot wait. Here's hoping I get the money in time to go./

How much are the tickets and how hard are they to get?

Shibata's back? I hope he stops using headbutts. He's good enough without them and if he gets injured again with them, it will surely be the end for him

He just made an appearance, I wouldn't call it a comeback yet.

For WK12, my plan was to only go to the dome show, but my gf insisted we try and go to another Korakuen Hall show as well. I cannot wait. Here's hoping I get the money in time to go./

Ticket pricing depends on where you're looking to sit. You can always get ¥3,000 tickets on the day if an event sells out, but they're standing only. I went to Night 1 of the Road to The New Beginning shows, and I was sitting in the 3rd elevated row facing the hard camera (I'm on NJPWWorld!), and my ticket was ¥8,950 from memory. My guess is that between ¥3,000 and ¥9,000 is the price range for a Korakuen show.

As for ease of purchase, it's not too hard. I physically went to the building to buy mine. Keep in mind, it's cash only there.

All I had to see was GIFs of the Finals to know that it was no doubt a 6 Star match. I will find 45 minutes or so to watch the whole thing.

Also so, so, so glad to see Shibata back and walking. That guy is so blessed to be alive.

Shibata's back? I hope he stops using headbutts. He's good enough without them and if he gets injured again with them, it will surely be the end for him

He just made an appearance, I wouldn't call it a comeback yet.

Took a bump too.

For real though if you can find the full moment its really great. It happened as intermission started so people were leaving and when his music hit people were running back to their seats. I saw a chick crying. It was awesome.

Ticket pricing depends on where you're looking to sit. You can always get ¥3,000 tickets on the day if an event sells out, but they're standing only. I went to Night 1 of the Road to The New Beginning shows, and I was sitting in the 3rd elevated row facing the hard camera (I'm on NJPWWorld!), and my ticket was ¥8,950 from memory. My guess is that between ¥3,000 and ¥9,000 is the price range for a Korakuen show.

As for ease of purchase, it's not too hard. I physically went to the building to buy mine. Keep in mind, it's cash only there.

This will be super hard to pull off for the actual plane but this is great info, thanks!

I was honestly pulling for Omega to perform a repeat, but Naito needed the win a whole lot more at this point than Omega does, if I'm being honest. Omega's match against him and Okada were *censored*ing great, but I think Naito vs. Omega in last year's B-Block Final was a little bit better. Some people are saying Omega vs. Okada III was better than the first two, lol. All three matches were amazing, but I don't really know about that, tbh. I think the only reason why people may believe so is because it wasn't near as long as the first two, lol.

Shibata returning was *censored*ing crazy and I legit screamed. Seeing and hearing the women in the audience crying made the moment so much better. And Daryl's back, too! All is good in NJPW right now. :lol:

Goddamn, finally I can reply in these sections of the forum again after falling behind a couple of days.

I only recently started following NJPW, so the G1 Climax really caused me to form and change some of my opinions of people. Like at first, Sanada (outside Naito) was my favorite guy in LIJ. Now Evil is. I loved every match of his throughout the tournament. And he *censored*ing beat Okada.

Zack Sabre Jr. also is someone who I now rate for the better. At first, I couldn't tell what to think of him, but his style as a whole adds to the drama of a match and I'm pretty sure he's getting increasingly more vicious as he spends more and more time in Suzuki-gun.

I don't like Michael Elgin though. He's super strong, super impressive, a fantastic wrestler, but he still comes over as a corny dweeb to me. I won't hold it against him though, as you forget all of that when the bell rings.

Anyways, *Censored* it, the G1 Climax convinced me, I'm on-board when it comes to NJPW. The most fun time I've had watching wrestling in a very long time.

Iizuka is the legit worst.

NJPW uploaded the mysterious vignette, btw:

The name i see trown around the most for who this vignette is supposed to be is Jay White. I'm not so sure it is him though, does not really seem something that fits him. But i guess noone was expecting Hiromu to the be the one that the time bomb vignettes were for, so i guess it could be him.

Archived