Street Fighter series

HiryuMK

Fighting game rosters have always started out like that. The exception being anime licensed games like Nardo and the various DBZ games and Tag Team games like KoF (and I vaguely remember something about KoF14 reusing assets from 13 which had 3D models as a base for the sprites)or Mahvel. Every single fighting game out right now with a massive roster had that roster built up over time. Tekken 7 was in arcades for 2 or 3 years before releasing on consoles. MK9 happened. Smash 4 was built off of Brawl which built off on Melee, which built off on Smash 64.There's also BlazBlue who's roster started at 12 and was built up over 4 games and 2 expansions. SFV started completely from scratch. Guilty Gear Xrd was the exact same. Started with 13 and now it's sitting at 20 something.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind new characters just as long as there are an equal amount of returning fan favorites. It also doesn't help that they put in a bunch of lower tier characters rather than the staples of the series. I really don't want to see Mika or Guy or Cody or any of the other dozens of Final Fight scrubs before they add in legends like Sagat or Fei Long or even guys from SF3 or 4.

Mika was consistently one of the most requested characters since SF4 released and Cody is extremely popular, so I'm really not sure what the issue is. Guy's likely never getting in because Zeku. And the majority of the popular characters are either already in or on their way in the case of Sagat and

G/Q

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm more excited about the 30th anniversary compilation coming out tomorrow. Probably the only one here who got it but I will play it a whole lot.

My only problem with the collection is that they are using the original arcade version of Alpha 3 instead of the console version with more characters and stages.

I would get it, especially since I can get it on GameFly for like $25, but I got BBCTB coming next week, plus I already have 2 and 3 on PS2 and alpha 3 on PS3. Now if it had Ultra SF2 (dem sprites), Alpha 3 Max (Ingrid and Maki), and Ultra SF4 (though I already own USF4 on 360) I'd definitely get it. Granted I can understand why USF4 may not be there, but the other two would still convince me. Even more so since I'd be playing this super casually which means all the balancing stuff is kinda irrelevant to me, so the older version of each game is kinda worthless to me.

I just installed 30th anniversary today and played it a little. Kinda underwhelming in a way. Ultra 4 is nowhere to be found, I gotta find out how to get it considering it was a major reason why I bought the collection since that game is still like $30 on steam. As for the actual collection, the lack of any color edit features like so many other retro games really hurts this. Would have loved to edit all new colors for guys like Ryu and Blanka in SF2 Turbo. The biggest flaw for me is that they didn't include SSF2T HD Remix. I'm tired of having to hook up my 360 just to play that one game. If I don't get Ultra SF4 I might just ask for a refund at this point, I can get all the games on this collection (and actually already have them all) on MAME.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone still cares SFV' Survival mode but it is getting an update next week to improve it:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2018/06/19/survival-mode-improvements-and-the-new-fighting-chance-mode-debut-in-street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-on-june-25

We can use consumables to help the harder fights, we can spend 1000 FM to continue when you lose, we can save and quit in the middle if you have to stop playing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Maybe Trump will fix that. "Mexico is south of America so it's south America. Canada is north of America so it's north america. Hawaii is West America. Alaska is northwest America..."

I don't know what other games follow the free to play model besides Dead or Alive 5 oh and Killer Instinct right? But I don't know how well that works either. I guess it could do well there's a lot of people in that roster that nobody would use so why not just grab a couple you would at your own convenience?

Killer Instinct' characters appear to be 4.99

The DOA5LR core characters seem to be 3.99 with the two guests being a little more with Naotora Ii at 5.99 and Mai Shiranui at 7.99.

3.99 is good for me but 5 bucks seems like it'd fit more of a standard

Archived