Street Fighter series

HiryuMK

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"What were they thinking?"...

Eh, probably that the Final Fight series is beloved by fighting game enthusiasts.

I think it's an odd choice, but not a bad one. It's pretty funny, all things considered. Games are for entertainment, and I am personally entertained by the decision. Also, Abigail was a complete asshole in the FF games, so it might be fun to whoop his ass. It's just a throwback to a different era. If people don't like it, they don't need to download it.

"What were they thinking?"...

Eh, probably that the Final Fight series is beloved by fighting game enthusiasts.

I think it's an odd choice, but not a bad one. It's pretty funny, all things considered. Games are for entertainment, and I am personally entertained by the decision. Also, Abigail was a complete asshole in the FF games, so it might be fun to whoop his ass. It's just a throwback to a different era. If people don't like it, they don't need to download it.

When I typed ''What they were thinking'', I wasn't talking about the decision to bring him in SF. I was talking about his re-design with the oversized shoulders and tiny head. I can see why my original post can be mistaken, I wasn't specific.

I love Final Fight and Hugo Andore from SF3, I was hoping Abigail's body proportion would the same but only taller/bigger.

In his alternate costume, his shoulders doesn't seem as ridiculous.

DStdMV1.jpg

The way I see it, is this...

Back when SF2 was around, people had favorites then too. Nobody liked the entire roster. Everyone had their one or two guys. Fast forward to modern character releases, and it's the same way...you really only get one or two guys that you care about at the time. Only reason we can look back on the entire SF2 roster and think fondly of them all, is because those are the classics. I really don't see the roster formula as any different now than is was back then.

And oh yeah, I definitely agree about the proportions being whack.

I wasn't so sure about him at first, but I kinda like him now. He's clearly meant to be goofy and he fills the role of a giant character. Also reminds me of Brodus Clay for some reason.

And "most newcomers are from FF or Shadoloo"

If you're strictly talking SFV, then Abigail is the only FF character in the game right now and FANG and Ed are the only actual characters related to Shadaloo. Kolin is with Urien and Gill and was an important character in the story. Of course she'd be playable. Same with Ed, though I hate his Jojo redesign. Rashid is awesome, the only good thing about Laura is the ass cutout on the back of her pants, and Necalli is just wasted potential. Menat looks cool as far as design goes, so I'll likely pick her up. Not interested in Zeku.

If you're also including 4 in that, then just no.

If they really wanted to put in a huge guy then why not put in Hugo again? He was really well liked in SF3. And bring back Gill, he was cheap as hell but really cool at the same time. As far as new characters are concerned I'm still waiting for them to make a good Mexican character. SF had a major, if not HUGE fanbase in Mexico throughout the 90's and T-Hawk and El Fuerte were major disappointments in my opinion.

I have to look him up because I have no clue who he is. Being the only representative of FF/Mad Gear though... kind of a bad pick

I wish each character had their own specific background again like in the SF2/Alpha games. Not having their own stages really hurts the characters personality-wise. It doesn't even make sense anymore when a fight happens it's like you have half naked Honda from Japan taking on Dhalshim also half naked from India fighting in some little market place in Brazil or some shit like that. At least back then you fought Honda in a bathhouse in Japan or Dalshim in a Hindu temple.

• 1 month later...

She doesn't seem bad but not like a street fighter character. Seems more like Guilty Gear/Blazblue style.

Well she was made by a Guilty Gear Player, though I've been seeing people compare her more to Viola from Soul Calibur 5.

Oddly I played SC5 and don't even remember Viola. Oh one did well that makes sense she has some Venom like quality with the holding balls in the air thing.

She doesn't seem bad but not like a street fighter character. Seems more like Guilty Gear/Blazblue style.

Well she was made by a Guilty Gear Player, though I've been seeing people compare her more to Viola from Soul Calibur 5.

Does she have purple hair?

Yes. Yes she does.

Very SNK-ish.

He looks cool actually, but it's obvious Capcom has run out of ideas with this series. Most "new" characters are either from Final Fight or are henchmen/women from Shadaloo. Fang sucked, Hakan wasn't too well received either last game.

If they wanted to they could have put Blanka & Honda in SF V but didnt!

Most people into this series only care about the characters from Super SF2 Turbo and the Alpha series, after that it's a bonus to see guys from 3 or 4, but not a must like the first two games I mentioned.

If only.

Personally, I'd rather not have SF2 shoehorned into every single thing just because. I'm still annoyed that SFV's base game was half SF2 while we only got 4 newcomers.

Archived