WWE2KDev Spotlight Series Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the ones disappointed, you have to remember...the more we know behind the scenes the more we know what to actually complain about. If they keep showing things like this, you'll know what can and can't be done. Etc.

For the ones disappointed, you have to remember...the more we know behind the scenes the more we know what to actually complain about. If they keep showing things like this, you'll know what can and can't be done. Etc.

Yup i agree and also this is better than nothing. Just like others i love watching behind the scenes in making this kinds of games. I usually watch this kinds in youtube. I even rewatch the making of past wwe games.

Solid point. Didn't think of it this way.

Honestly I quite liked this video. I like getting more of a view into the background of the games design. I mean obviously I know some things due to certain friendships, but to see blips of the process is quite fascinating to me.

I hope next week they show us how they create the wrestler models really like to see how they do the wrestlers from the scratch and how to get their textures. Even though we already know the process it's still fun to watch, especially it is for the upcoming game.

Edit: also how the arenas are done. They have not showed that in the past. Usually just a pic of it but not the process. Would like to know how they get the textures of the arena. Do they take pictures before the event or just reference pics.

Good that they are working on Braun. I hope it will be greatly enjoyable to destroy everybody with him this year :)

And that Rollins entrance looks cool.... Though, I wonder if this is all we will see or if we wil get to some actual gameplay footage like the other years

I hope next week they show us how they create the wrestler models really like to see how they do the wrestlers from the scratch and how to get their textures. Even though we already know the process it's still fun to watch, especially it is for the upcoming game.

Edit: also how the arenas are done. They have not showed that in the past. Usually just a pic of it but not the process. Would like to know how they get the textures of the arena. Do they take pictures before the event or just reference pics.

Probably a combo of pictures taken and putting the textures together manually. Id love to see it too though

Was that a 2 on 1 attack?

Yes, I believe in the video he said it was a Universe cutscene animation.

Looks like Seth got a new face entrance, cool lol.

I was trying to figure out who it was, I thought Angle at first, but then it sort of became like Swagger's. I think you're right.

I mean, it showed them using an irl video of Seth's entrance for reference

Yeah, I see it now, I completely missed it the first time because I was watching the screen with the render on.

Probably a combo of pictures taken and putting the textures together manually. Id love to see it too though

Yeah I really hope they feature that. How they do the classic arenas on point specially the model of the arena is what i want to see.

The amount of details they put in there is so cool. I really hope the classic arenas from 2k15 to 2k17 is imported to 2k18 or all are in the create an arena mode.

Speaking of create an arena I hope they include all graphics of the classic arenas in the choices. From name and location plate to arena movie/graphics. Hate using the custom ones for the Ruthless aggression RAW/SD arena. They have the assets in past games why not implement or add it to CAA.

I have a feeling that the arenas are created freehand, just with extensive stills and video footage for reference. If you think about it, the arenas in game are not to scale - Wrestlemania for example is in a big stadium, but has a much shorter ramp in game - for obvious reasons. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had access to blueprints and planning documents from WWE's archives as well.

I have a feeling that the arenas are created freehand, just with extensive stills and video footage for reference. If you think about it, the arenas in game are not to scale - Wrestlemania for example is in a big stadium, but has a much shorter ramp in game - for obvious reasons. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had access to blueprints and planning documents from WWE's archives as well.

I don't know if 2K does, but THQ used to go and take pictures at every PPV. 2K, I am guessing, doesnt since every PPV set except Wrestlemania is the same now.

For things such as the titantron, mini trons, LED board etc, I imagine WWE gives them access to their GFX files. Would be quite stingey not to, considering 2K/Yukes/VC are busting their asses trying to replicate everything else from the current WWE product.

For things such as the titantron, mini trons, LED board etc, I imagine WWE gives them access to their GFX files. Would be quite stingey not to, considering 2K/Yukes/VC are busting their asses trying to replicate everything else from the current WWE product.

That's for sure since there is no way 2K could get those assets anywhere. The only thing I hate is when they were given the classic titantrons. They always leave the movies in 4:3, I really hate having to see 2 vertical bars at each side of the titantron as you don't see that in WWE broadcast they always stretch the titantron or add additional graphics on each side. I'm OCD when it comes to this that's why i usually edit it in the past (X360) but since I am playing in PS4 now there is no way I could have it edited.

Well I mean, he did himself no favours putting himself front and center on video at the time. I still remember someone pointing out there seemed to be a bunch of moves missing from the demo they were showing and he tried to play it off as just not inserted into the game yet. He dug his own grave on that one.

He's redeemed himself however. He's definitely one of the forces that got us most these amazing Indy moves. Hell I bet he's also the one who had a hand in some of the core gameplay changes. I don't want to say he fixed all this stuff but if he's the creative guy for Yukes, then he might be doing more good than bad.

He's redeemed himself however. He's definitely one of the forces that got us most these amazing Indy moves. Hell I bet he's also the one who had a hand in some of the core gameplay changes. I don't want to say he fixed all this stuff but if he's the creative guy for Yukes, then he might be doing more good than bad.

Uhhh no.

Thats... Thats a hell of a reach.

Uhhh no.
It was pure speculation but let me guess, YOU are responsible for everything?

Uhhh no.
It was pure speculation but let me guess, YOU are responsible for everything?

Dude.. Dont. Just dont.

Archived