WWE for Nintendo Switch Confirmed!

fallofparadise

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how it's weird. Surely Switch pushes out better graphics and hardware than last gen? I could be wrong.

I dunno...I have a switch and the Mario Kart 8 I have for both it and wii u seem the same. There is no way it will be as nice as the PS4, Xbone versions

I don't see how it's weird. Surely Switch pushes out better graphics and hardware than last gen? I could be wrong.

It's a good bit better than last gen, but still weaker than PS4 and Xbox. This would be great news for me if I actually had or could find a Switch that's not from scalpers.

It's a good bit better than last gen, but still weaker than PS4 and Xbox. This would be great news for me if I actually had or could find a Switch that's not from scalpers.

Check that local gamestop of yours. I want to my local Best Buy, Wal-Mart & Target all sold out. But i decided to check my local gamestop a place where i havent been in two years and to my surprise they had a lot in stock. I think the only reason gamestop had stock is because no one shops there anymore LOL

As for holding back PS4 and XOne, IGN has updated their announcement page with the following:

2K also confirmed that the upgrades being made to the already-announced versions - alterations to the MyCareer mode, added customisation options and more - are included. The press release also implies that the new rendering engine is being used in the Switch version.

Sounds like essentially the same game.

So much for last gen being gone. A Switch version will either get the last gen version or a slightly better version than what last gen had.

And now people can't say last gen being gone helped current because of this.

WWE 16/17 are more GB than a default Switch can hold. Last gen however was less than 5

As for holding back PS4 and XOne, IGN has updated their announcement page with the following:

2K also confirmed that the upgrades being made to the already-announced versions - alterations to the MyCareer mode, added customisation options and more - are included. The press release also implies that the new rendering engine is being used in the Switch version.

Sounds like essentially the same game.

This sounds like to me there a just butthurt last-gen saying crap about the switch version.

I have all 4 systems (PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch)

I usually buy WWE on PS4 or Xbox One along with PC every year.

Being able to get it on the Nintendo Switch to be able to play on flights when I travel, or just killing time at airports appeals to me a lot!

Yeah it is not as high powered as the others, but just being able to hop into something and have it look decent and be able to play mobile would be awesome.

If it wasn't for my Nintendo Switch last month I would have been bored out of my mind when my flight was delayed a couple months ago.

Screw the PlayStation 4 version i want the switch version

That would be a bad idea unless you're fine with the 360/PS3 versions

Screw the PlayStation 4 version i want the switch version

That would be a bad idea unless you're fine with the 360/PS3 versions

Youre not bothering to read what everyobes posting then are you. The switch version will have all the same improvements as the ps4/X1

I'm honestly more inclined to get the Switch version over PS4/XB1 & I don't even own a Switch. (yet) I generally have a couple of habits with WWE games:

1. I don't buy them every year, more like every 2-3 years.

2. I try to get a wrestling game for every system I own if there is one (IE me getting the 3DS version of All-Stars which remained the only 3DS WWE game)

As I already own 2K16 on XB1, I don't necessarily need another on the system unless it's a significant improvement or has enough really tantalizing new features. & that usually means waiting a few years for enough new features to add up. As for my PS4, well FPW's coming & lord knows that'll be the better game anyway. Since getting a Switch is already on my to-do list, the mere existence of a WWE game for it is a more compelling selling point than anything said about 2K18.

Everyone who responded to me, thank you. I now have a little more insight into the Switch. So it appears we might get the same experience for the Switch version?

Stuff like MyCareer & 8-Man is confirmed, but it remains to be seen if everything will be the same. I'm thinking that more so than pure hardware specs, the biggest bottleneck will be file sizes. Recent games have been 40+GB with 1GB save files. The Switch has 32GB of internal storage & uses 16GB carts. Clearly something is gonna hafta give to actually stuff this hoss into such a tight space. Lower res textures, low res/shorter videos, less CAW slots, maybe even the complete removal of custom textures.

Why not just go on Nintendo's site? I think they keep them stocked

honestly, as hype as I am for this, I think we should wait until NBA 2k18 comes out and we can see from the reviews if anything major was cut, or anything was toned down too much. That'll probably be our biggest indicator.

to be honest, if all that got cut was CAW slots down to 50 and Textures down to 500, I'd be okay with that compromise for the Switch version.We'll have to see.

Archived