How close are you to being done with WWE?

MikeM

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a matter of fact I haven't really been watching WWE for like the past month. Skipped Extreme Rules, skipped MITB. I'm not particualarly pissed off at the product or anything, I've just been watching a lot of non-wrestling stuff nowadays. Maybe I'll try to watch MITB tonight though.

No question that the talent in WWE right now is as good if not better than it's ever been athletic-wise, but it's the stranglehold that the WWE micro-managers have on their talent that is really holding them back from reaching the levels of appeal they had during the 80's and 90's primarily. Also, there seems to be a severe lack in direction and organization for this company. What are they about? Wrestling or entertainment? Are they a company geared for the facebook/instagram crowd or for young kids, or oldschool wrestling fans?

Is the main goal of the wrestlers to win championships, bash peoples heads in, or just be famous? The belts don't seem to hold as much prestige as they do in other companies, as evidenced by guys like Brock winning the belt in underwhelming 5 minute matches and then not appearing on screen for weeks at a time, and definitely not defending the belt for months. It also doesn't help them when guys like Roman Reigns are the primary focus of the show when they don't have any current titles on them. I haven't watched regularly in months so maybe I'm wrong now on some of these things but this is mainly why I don't watch anymore. Who cares if Balor and AJ Styles have a one-off "6-star" rated match on RAW or SD next week if they are just gonna be put in long-term feuds with guys like Dolph Ziggler or the Miz for the next few months? I'm sure most people in here love those guys but I just don't so no incentive for me to tune in every week.

No question that the talent in WWE right now is as good if not better than it's ever been athletic-wise, but it's the stranglehold that the WWE micro-managers have on their talent that is really holding them back from reaching the levels of appeal they had during the 80's and 90's primarily. Also, there seems to be a severe lack in direction and organization for this company. What are they about? Wrestling or entertainment? Are they a company geared for the facebook/instagram crowd or for young kids, or oldschool wrestling fans?

Is the main goal of the wrestlers to win championships, bash peoples heads in, or just be famous? The belts don't seem to hold as much prestige as they do in other companies, as evidenced by guys like Brock winning the belt in underwhelming 5 minute matches and then not appearing on screen for weeks at a time, and definitely not defending the belt for months. It also doesn't help them when guys like Roman Reigns are the primary focus of the show when they don't have any current titles on them. I haven't watched regularly in months so maybe I'm wrong now on some of these things but this is mainly why I don't watch anymore. Who cares if Balor and AJ Styles have a one-off "6-star" rated match on RAW or SD next week if they are just gonna be put in long-term feuds with guys like Dolph Ziggler or the Miz for the next few months? I'm sure most people in here love those guys but I just don't so no incentive for me to tune in every w

eek.

Good post

Anyways, I only watch my favorites and anything of interest may or may not pop up.

If Reigns is Cena 3.0 then who was Cena 2.0?

Sheamus.

I survived the New WWF Generation, which was a horrible time to be a wrestling fan, along with the reign of Triple Terror in 2003, 2007 as a whole, the guest host era in 2009, 2009 - 2012 was the dirt worst and anything involving the Authority. I find myself only tuning in for the PPVs and NXT TakeOver shows. That's not good, especially the talent pool today is awesome in comparison to those disaster periods I just mentioned. Especially the New WWF Generation.

Is the main goal of the wrestlers to win championships, bash peoples heads in, or just be famous? The belts don't seem to hold as much prestige as they do in other companies, as evidenced by guys like Brock winning the belt in underwhelming 5 minute matches and then not appearing on screen for weeks at a time, and definitely not defending the belt for months. It also doesn't help them when guys like Roman Reigns are the primary focus of the show when they don't have any current titles on them. I haven't watched regularly in months so maybe I'm wrong now on some of these things but this is mainly why I don't watch anymore. Who cares if Balor and AJ Styles have a one-off "6-star" rated match on RAW or SD next week if they are just gonna be put in long-term feuds with guys like Dolph Ziggler or the Miz for the next few months? I'm sure most people in here love those guys but I just don't so no incentive for me to tune in every w

eek.

Good post

Anyways, I only watch my favorites and anything of interest may or may not pop up.

Thanks, I was expecting severe backlash from being so critical of the current product. I don't really hate WWE right now, I just don't care enough for it to either like it or hate it if you know what I mean.

^ I definitely feel the same way about the current product, minus the part about Brock winning the title (that was awesome and so is he). Also The Miz is the best guy for any of the non-homegrown guys to feud with- I guarantee a feud between, for example, Nakamura and Miz would be more interesting than a feud like Naka vs AJ/Balor/Owens/Joe anyone not WWE-homegrown. The Miz doesn't get credit for how good his feuds are- remember what he did for Ziggler last year.

^ I definitely feel the same way about the current product, minus the part about Brock winning the title (that was awesome and so is he). Also The Miz is the best guy for any of the non-homegrown guys to feud with- I guarantee a feud between, for example, Nakamura and Miz would be more interesting than a feud like Naka vs AJ/Balor/Owens/Joe anyone not WWE-homegrown. The Miz doesn't get credit for how good his feuds are- remember what he did for Ziggler last year.

It's just that like I said I don't watch regularly and for as long as Miz has been in WWE he hasn't impressed me much. That is like what 9 years that he has had to impress and he hasn't done the trick for me. The only times I have watched him lately are the talking segments he has had where Dean Ambrose has gotten the better of him; hardly a good way to evaluate how well the Miz has improved.

As for what I said about Brock, it's not just Brock, it's been Goldberg, it's been the Rock several years ago, and even HHH coming out of nowhere every year around WM to put himself in a major storyline. These guys are not present for the majority of the time yet they are in some of the most noteworthy or high profile feuds/matches of the whole year. If the guys who we are supposed to get the most excited about don't appear every week then why should we watch the show every week?

^ Honestly, 80% of your reasons why you're critical about the product are very similar to a lot of people.

Although, I like what Miz has done this past year to re-invent himself and his wife has been a big asset to him (so here's hoping they don't break them up). And as for Brock, I have no problem with him as champion (twice) and not being on TV for months (twice) cause when he does show up Brock Lesnar came off as special. Reminiscent of when guys like Hogan and Savage were champions who made special appearances on tapings. That's good in my opinion.

What I didn't like was that everytime Brock wasn't on TV, WWE would NOT make anyone or anything feel special. At all. They could've elevated their midcard titles in 2014 and instead they did nothing with them. Made Dean Ambrose look like a fool every week, constant Authority segments, Bella vs Bella which no one wanted. Raw without Brock was a mess and it was 100% not Brock's fault. And here we are again in 2017 and again, no one really feels special on Raw. And they wonder why people are tuning out in droves. SmackDown is no different either. With the talent they have, they go for the worst case scenarios as either champions or potential champions with the exception of what they're doing with Kevin Owens, Usos and New Day. WWE could be so much better than what it is now but for some reason it isn't. They have the ability but they just won't do it.

I don't really watch Raw anymore. I missed either 2 or 3 weeks in a row and last week for the first time I just watched YouTube highlights.

I still haven't watched the Brock/Joe brawl in full lol.

Thing is, just watching YouTube highlights and skipping through commercials or whatever doesn't really mean you're done with WWE, you're just finding easier ways to watch. We're all still interested enough to see if there's anything that catches our eye.

Actually I'm like 95% done with WWE.I only watch the Youtube highlights that involve Joe or Lesnar of all.

I don't even watch SD anymore or any PPV.The thing is even if WWE magically became great I probably still wouldn't watch.

My love for wrestling in general died with the horrible booking and illogical storylines that WWE has produced over the past few years with a few exeptions.

Even NXT has lost its appeal and steam through the years and I blame the massive main roster promotions when in some cases proved to be hurried and not right for some guys (Apollo Crews,Austin Aries etc.)

I don't really watch Raw anymore. I missed either 2 or 3 weeks in a row and last week for the first time I just watched YouTube highlights.

I still haven't watched the Brock/Joe brawl in full lol.

It was the only good thing on that edition of Raw to seek out actually. It wasn't balls on the wall chaotic like Brock and Taker was in 2015, but it was fun for what it was worth. Made Samoa Joe out to be a badass, not standing for Brock's shit.

I can't stay up to 3-4am any more like i use to be able to do, even for PPVs. I think the talent they have is the best they've had in a very long time, but i do find it's plain and stale at times. Especially on RAW, 3 hours is just far too much to sit through. Especially for anyone who wants to watch it live in the UK.

I don't necessarily have the same amount of hype for RAW and SD that i had months ago. Although i'm still playing tons of WWE 2K and watching all the old stuff on the network. Plus, my interest in WWE doesn't usually peak til September to April.

I wouldn't be watching regularly if I had to sit through commercials or watch it at a certain time or see shit I don't like.

But since I can fast-forward and watch it whenever I want, I don't mind watching the weekly shows (minus 205 and Main Event).

Nailed it.

Those people out there who watch Raw & Smackdown Live from start to finish and every commercial break in between deserve some kind of a medal.

I do genuinely think I'm more interested in WWE in general than I've ever been. I barely ever go back and watch old shows, I have no interest in watching past events and quite often look forward to my current favourites doing new things and NXT doing something cool and fresh.

Archived