How close are you to being done with WWE?

MikeM

I was just wondering how many of you are nearing the point where WWE just isn't really holding your interest anymore, and what reasons you still watch, do you genuinely have enough in the current product to continue watching, or are there other reasons?

Personally speaking, I was done with WWE shortly after Shawn retired, and pretty much done with wrestling as a whole, other than maybe viewing the odd discussion online. Three years ago, by chance I found WrestleKingdom 9 on Youtube, and it was enough to get the spark of interest back - that lead to me getting WWE2K15 which drew me just a bit closer to WWE.

Then came the rumours of AJ, Shinsuke and Anderson and Gallows heading to WWE, and suddenly like the Mafia "just when I thought I was out, they pull me right back in". Last year overall was very watchable, but the things that held my interest such as Bayley's rise, Joe's epic battles in NXT and the arrival of Anderson and Gallows have all gone pretty much. The Club is a joke, Bayley's been completely ruined to the point where people are booing her, and Joe's probably going to be fed to Brock. Shinsuke's on a knife edge right now in terms of booking as well.

I generally don't watch whole shows, in fact I can get Raw watched in about 20 minutes generally - unless there's a really good match (like the triple threat a few weeks ago)

What definitely won't help me keep watching is Cena overload and the inevitable return of Stephanie. At that point, I just might be done. (again)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not done persay but I only watch through Youtube highlights now, so in that form I guess never as it's easy to just watch a few WWE Youtube vids

I'm not done persay but I only watch through Youtube highlights now, so in that form I guess never as it's easy to just watch a few WWE Youtube vids

Yeah, that's a good point, plus if anything cool happens on the Network.

I just stick to highlights on youtube pretty much when it comes to the weekly shows. As far as the PPVs, it depends on wether NewLegacyInc does a discord of it or not, lol. If they do I'll watch the whole show if not I'll just watch matches that interest me.

Oh and NXT I watch the weekly shows but skip the squash matches or the matches I don't care about. Takeovers are must watch in full, though.

I definitely feel a change with how things are now compared to even 3 years ago. I've been watching regularly since early 2003 with no breaks and I don't see that changing. But I used to really look forward to PPVs and whatnot. Royal Rumble PPVs used to have me so excited- now it's almost like I dread the PPV.

It usually occurs to me, when I'm watching something from years ago, just how much better wrestling used to be. I was watching some Muhammad Hassan stuff today, and it just set in just how sh*tty things have become since that sort of time. Before social media became such a big thing for the company. Everything is so square and plain now. The shows used to have a combination of authenticity with that over-the-top feeling. The crowds were hotter and they had a lot more fun than the crowds now.

I too stopped watching regularly after Shawn retired. After that there was really no one on the roster that I enjoyed watching. I would tune in every monday still just to shit on Cena and how corny the product was getting but then eventually I slowly stopped watching altogether. I think the celebrity guest hosting period is what really killed it for me; nothing like watching the muppets on WWE Raw to ruin it for a long time wrestling fan. I got into lucha libre maybe 5 years ago and have been watching CMLL and LU ever since so I've never really stopped watching or liking wrestling as a whole, just WWE.

A couple wrestlers keep my attention on it, but if they were to leave I'd say *Censored* it, drop WWE completely, and go with NJPW full time viewing.

It usually occurs to me, when I'm watching something from years ago, just how much better wrestling used to be. I was watching some Muhammad Hassan stuff today, and it just set in just how sh*tty things have become since that sort of time. Before social media became such a big thing for the company. Everything is so square and plain now. The shows used to have a combination of authenticity with that over-the-top feeling. The crowds were hotter and they had a lot more fun than the crowds now.

#nostalgia

I wouldn't be watching regularly if I had to sit through commercials or watch it at a certain time or see shit I don't like.

But since I can fast-forward and watch it whenever I want, I don't mind watching the weekly shows (minus 205 and Main Event).

Tbh the last few weeks I've been more into wrestling in general than I have in a long time. Been enjoying RAW, SD and NXT a lot, and even been going out of my way to watch some indy stuff.

The only time I flat out stopped watching weekly WWE shows was in....I wanna say 2015? The sheer amount of Roman getting shoved down my throat was real bad, none of the people I liked were doing much worth a damn, only ever getting occasional pushes that amounted to nothing (see Barrett's KotR and Ziggler at Survivor Series) so I would only watch NXT and PPV's) so I just quietly lost interest and only ever read results online.

Edit: it helps that I typically watch shows the next day, so I can get through RAW in like an hour and fourty five rather than three freaking hours.

I'll never stop watching, although RAW especially has been extremely frustrating lately because they just drag storylines out for months and months, and a number of weeks go by without anything worthwhile happening.

Last weeks episode was pretty good and a few storylines progressed nicely, but the month of episodes before that were just a boring repeat of the Monday before.

IMO professional wrestling should move along quickly storyline wise, in order to keep people invested. The attitude era and early-mid 2000's were a perfect example of this. Nowadays they just drag out/repeat the same old shit to make up time until the next big PPV.

If Reigns wins at Mania and goes back to being Cena 3.0 then I'll definitely take a break from RAW.

When watching stops being fun and becomes a chore (like 09/10) then I'll quit watching until something big manages to draw me back in (CM Punk 2011)

Archived