WWE 2K18 not coming to last gen

⊗ Volrath ⊗

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome news considering that now they can use the resources that were for old gen to be completely for current gen which could really make this game something special.

They didn't really use any one last gen anyways nothing will change just people won't use that excuse

Whilst it's about time, it wont have any effect on the current gen versions. People thought that when the PS2 was dropped but the games were still the exact same

This is awesome news considering that now they can use the resources that were for old gen to be completely for current gen which could really make this game something special.

That one guy they had make the last gen versions sure will help when he moves over

It won't matter. Game might suck anyway..

What does this even mean? Lol
The game might suck

And aliens might show up in Las Vegas to do the tango, and it'd be just as relevant.

And then a Meteorite will fall upon New York City and the Guardians of the Galaxy will Pop out of it wearing Wrestling Outfits! :P

I would legit watch that movie.

Does new gen have a broken community creations search bar? Because last gen does. Whenever I search something on CC, instead of showing the CAW I searched for, it just shows a bunch of unrelated results, even if I know for sure the CAW I searched for was on there.

Does new gen have a broken community creations search bar? Because last gen does. Whenever I search something on CC, instead of showing the CAW I searched for, it just shows a bunch of unrelated results, even if I know for sure the CAW I searched for was on there.

That's been broken since the last quarter of 2K16s life cycle, unfortunately.

I haven't played 16 or 17 on last gen... but I think I might just get 17 for it. It'll be cheap and at least I'll be able to use the gameplay I find more fun, the slow paced in current gen is boring as *Censored* and at least last gen has (probably?) match creator still

With if this eventually gets us a new engine???

Nothing to do with last gen... current already uses a new one compared to last gen. People are deluded if they think dropping 360 and PS3 will have any effect on the Xbox One and PS4 versions

We had a new engine? Damn I didn't notice, what did the new engine add? Aside from the new reversals and promo engine? Also I mean the developers themselves said last gen holds them back. So since 2K are looked as Gods I'm sure we'll see a huge improvement. I have faith dropping last gen will get us a much better product.

I doubt it holds anyone one back that just excuse given to not seem lazy

If you think having half or however many members there were, of the dev team work on a dead console wasn't holding anything back, you're completely wrong.

But that would be true if there was major thing addes to last gen but all they did was updated the roster

If you think having half or however many members there were, of the dev team work on a dead console wasn't holding anything back, you're completely wrong.

You really think half of their staff worked on it? I doubt even 5% did

It's not about the manpower, it's about the extra resources. Even if only a small amount of the dev cost went into the last gen, now it goes directly to current gen, meaning more cash going towards assets or (please) bug testers.

Don't want to start an argument or whatever, just my opinion.

I think the 5% you are saying is straight out ridiculous. You mean to tell me if there are about 100 programmers for the WWE 2K series only 5 of them are doing the last gen?

Even though they will just update the old game they have, you still need to consider that there are still a lot of things to be added in the game like the characters, movesets, animations, commentary and etc. For one you need to consider that the old gen uses a smaller ring than the current gen.

So I think about 30% of their staff works on the last gen.

Don't want to start an argument or whatever, just my opinion.

I think the 5% you are saying is straight out ridiculous. You mean to tell me if there are about 100 programmers for the WWE 2K series only 5 of them are doing the last gen?

Even though they will just update the old game they have, you still need to consider that there are still a lot of things to be added in the game like the characters, movesets, animations, commentary and etc. For one you need to consider that the old gen uses a smaller ring than the current gen.

So I think about 30% of their staff works on the last gen.

Nah all that can be down buy copy and paste

Archived