Official NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she does fine promo wise. Her delivery isn't always strong as it can sound like she's reading lines but Big Cass has had that problem until recently when he turned heel but everyone seemed to think his promos were just fine.

I think she does fine promo wise. Her delivery isn't always strong as it can sound like she's reading lines but Big Cass has had that problem until recently when he turned heel but everyone seemed to think his promos were just fine.

Cass is fine to me, because he just comes off as a big... dumb... ape... who... has... to... say... each... word... like... this. But Ember just comes off as completely awkward and unnatural.

I can get behind what Ember says in her promos. The fact that she's been injured has had her go away from this mysterious assassin type persona she had upon her debut. She's becoming more sympathetic because of her injuries and how she lost to Asuka last time. Plus Asuka's been a dynamite heel so she had to speak more and change her character up a bit.

I'm actually ready for Asuka to drop the title. With all the new faces coming in, I'd rather more unpredictability when it comes to the women's title

But also Raw/SD after SummerSlam has had some spectacular debuts the last two years.

I can get behind what Ember says in her promos. The fact that she's been injured has had her go away from this mysterious assassin type persona she had upon her debut. She's becoming more sympathetic because of her injuries and how she lost to Asuka last time. Plus Asuka's been a dynamite heel so she had to speak more and change her character up a bit.

I'm actually ready for Asuka to drop the title. With all the new faces coming in, I'd rather more unpredictability when it comes to the women's title

But also Raw/SD after SummerSlam has had some spectacular debuts the last two years.

No they want Ember to become more sympathetic. She's just become pathetic sans the sym. She has no presence and aura left.

I just wish whoever may end up beating Asuka has at least a strong, well-developed character and personality - something that I don't think Ember Moon currently has or EVER had in the first place.

At one point, Ember was supposed to be "mysterious" or some shit, but whatever mystique Ember once had is no longer there. So now, this whole scenario with Ember facing Asuka for the title is just her wanting redemption from losing in Orlando and not come up short again. Right now, Ember isn't making me care about her rematch or Ember herself. Only good thing is knowing that the match is likely gonna be good. This is a simple, yet tired story in my opinion...and with Asuka's reign being as huge as it currently is, losing the title belt to Ember is something I don't want to see at all. Nikki Cross seemed more like a legit threat to Asuka before they fought than Ember did going in to their first match in Orlando, imo.

I figured the winner of the MYC would go to the main roster tbh.

Idk character aside Ember is the perfect person to beat Asuka for me. Her story with Asuka has been very well done and unlike alot of other women bar maybe Cross, i can believe Ember beating Asuka. The Eclipse has been protected well enough that i can see it taking Asuka out.

Archived