Why'd you stop playing 2k17?

Bushy.

I've just created a DX revival gimmick for Ziggler. Trying to think of someone to go in a new DX stable with him.

i reverted him back to the perfectionist gimmick. sadly it's the same night he lost the IC title to the miz lol

I have Zigger as perfectionist/show off heel guy after being fed up with management and being buried, I also gave him X pac's finisher as I couldn't think of one and I think the Zig Zag kinda sucks in game wise.

i still use the zig zag. alot of times when i'm playing as dolph i end up hitting it off the ropes

I can't never find any good spots to hit it, I like it used as a running finisher but the wake up taunt/charged finisher doesn't really let me, I do have it as a running move tho.

since it's been alot of feuds with the miz and that one feud with AJ and Apollo after he went crazy and formed an alliance with the returning Ezekiel Jackson, i've hit it from Reversing behind, reversing a running grapple, and even one time i got this cool counter where miz was up top and went for a diving axehandle, i did the punch to the gut reversal and he was stunned long enough for me to run off the ropes and hit him from behind. I hardly ever use wakeup or charge finisher for Dolph or Miz (SCF) because you always have to do that stupid punch to turn them around.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just created a DX revival gimmick for Ziggler. Trying to think of someone to go in a new DX stable with him.

i reverted him back to the perfectionist gimmick. sadly it's the same night he lost the IC title to the miz lol

I have Zigger as perfectionist/show off heel guy after being fed up with management and being buried, I also gave him X pac's finisher as I couldn't think of one and I think the Zig Zag kinda sucks in game wise.

i still use the zig zag. alot of times when i'm playing as dolph i end up hitting it off the ropes

I can't never find any good spots to hit it, I like it used as a running finisher but the wake up taunt/charged finisher doesn't really let me, I do have it as a running move tho.

since it's been alot of feuds with the miz and that one feud with AJ and Apollo after he went crazy and formed an alliance with the returning Ezekiel Jackson, i've hit it from Reversing behind, reversing a running grapple, and even one time i got this cool counter where miz was up top and went for a diving axehandle, i did the punch to the gut reversal and he was stunned long enough for me to run off the ropes and hit him from behind. I hardly ever use wakeup or charge finisher for Dolph or Miz (SCF) because you always have to do that stupid punch to turn them around.

I don't mind the punch to turn them around I find it better then having to turn them behind in past games, but then it comes to running finishers from behind wakeup or charge finisher kinda ruins the flow. I would have it to where when you do a charge finisher if you have behind finisher your opponent during getting up would already be behind or turn around for it. I also don't like the SCF as it looks off and not very smooth idk maybe it needs a pin animation to go along with it so I gave Miz the Killswitch and he's currently my X division champion since he's a lightweight in game and in the weight limit for it.

I don't mind the punch to turn them around I find it better then having to turn them behind in past games, but then it comes to running finishers from behind wakeup or charge finisher kinda ruins the flow. I would have it to where when you do a charge finisher if you have behind finisher your opponent during getting up would already be behind or turn around for it. I also don't like the SCF as it looks off and not very smooth idk maybe it needs a pin animation to go along with it so I gave Miz the Killswitch and he's currently my X division champion since he's a lightweight in game and in the weight limit for it.

yeah that's how it was in 2k14. with the wakeup taunts.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the game on this year's Steam Summer sales and the gameplay is very enjoyable and fluid. I have to get used to the pin meter and the submission mechanic since I don't play WWE games since 2K14. Soon I'll create the brand split championships and then I'll be ready to play the game with my own scripts. I just hope the game doesn't crash on me too much..

I just bought the game on this year's Steam Summer sales and the gameplay is very enjoyable and fluid. I have to get used to the pin meter and the submission mechanic since I don't play WWE games since 2K14. Soon I'll create the brand split championships and then I'll be ready to play the game with my own scripts. I just hope the game doesn't crash on me too much..

You can change submissions back to the button mash system in the settings, it's better than learning the default sub system

You can change submissions back to the button mash system in the settings, it's better than learning the default sub system

Yeah I know, thanks. I'll try though, and if I can't mentally proccess the minigame, I'll switch to button mashing.

Hey guys, an idea for this thread just popped up in my

Head randomly. Why'd you decide to stop playing 2k17?

Among many reasons for me could be time & priorities, but honestly it has to boil down to logo slots. After major PPV's we have great CAW makers creating attires from the night before. But after every month, who can keep up? Constantly having to delete CAWs and logos to make room just kinda soured me on the whole game. If only we had a larger cap space for logos or they were just a lot efficient to delete. Being able to just fire up the game after a weeks break and downloading GV's latest attire without having to delete a bunch of old stuff would be awesome.

I don't know..your reasons?

Its just the same repetitve stuff year after year. Buy the game play it constantly, lose interest, DLC gets released with a showcase, complete showcase, have 1 or 2 matches then quit till the next game is released.

Funny how games like HCTP or JBI never had that stuff. When I was playing HCTP I was still playing it 2 years after it goit released but these current ones I hardly touch any of the previous releases excedpt maybe 2010.

Hey guys, an idea for this thread just popped up in my

Head randomly. Why'd you decide to stop playing 2k17?

Among many reasons for me could be time & priorities, but honestly it has to boil down to logo slots. After major PPV's we have great CAW makers creating attires from the night before. But after every month, who can keep up? Constantly having to delete CAWs and logos to make room just kinda soured me on the whole game. If only we had a larger cap space for logos or they were just a lot efficient to delete. Being able to just fire up the game after a weeks break and downloading GV's latest attire without having to delete a bunch of old stuff would be awesome.

I don't know..your reasons?

Its just the same repetitve stuff year after year. Buy the game play it constantly, lose interest, DLC gets released with a showcase, complete showcase, have 1 or 2 matches then quit till the next game is released.

Funny how games like HCTP or JBI never had that stuff. When I was playing HCTP I was still playing it 2 years after it goit released but these current ones I hardly touch any of the previous releases excedpt maybe 2010.

I fully agree with you they get very boring really fast not to mention the bugs and glitches took alot life from the games. I play injustice 2, tekken and mlb 17 way more then wwe 2k17.

I haven't stopped playing. For me, my best matches comes with my custom CAW and Finn Balor. We've been tearing down the house in Career Mode. I haven't been a rivalry with him but I'm constantly being thrown in matches with him. Oddly enough, another superstar that I've been killing it with in Career Mode is Dolph Ziggler. We always have good matches. I'm still enjoying 2K17 that is until 2K18 comes out in Oct.

Havent stopped. While the glitches forced me to delete all my CAWS, i just replaced em with custom attires. Im currently approaching my second year in Universe mode which is something ive never done before in other games. So i can def say that despite its issues, 2K17 has been the most fun WWE game ive played in a long time.

I never make it past WrestleMania with these games anymore. The lifespan is too short outside of the creation suite in my opinion. Not enough match types (and my favourites that we do have play horribly such as the Rumble/Chamber/HIAC), and Universe just isn't to my taste due to lack of control or any competitive goals to drive you forward.

Career could and should be much better than it is, too.

I stop playing for stretches at a time just because my imagination runs out. I just started setting up a new Universe today with some created guys. No current roster except for extremely recent indie signings that were in the game, then all downloaded indie guys and my originals. Doing a "current" style WCW universe. This will probably last for a week or two then I'll drop it again

Archived