WWE 2k18 rumors

Jeez, It's like you've taken over this thread, lol. It's great though because I have been busy with school so thanks for replying to everyone and giving them reasonable answers.

no problem. it's just cause i have very flexible hours.

Yeah, I'd usually be the one replying to everyone, but i've been rather busy as of late trying to set up a new job and looking for a new home, so I get on less than usual. I'll probably be back on just as much as Armond once 2K18 hits though.

Match creator, please. I can only do so many extreme rules tag matches...

Please keep in mind this is a rumors thread, not a wishlist thread. Perhaps the "little details" thread should be turned into a proper wishlist now that I think about it, with 2K18 officially announced.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, It's like you've taken over this thread, lol. It's great though because I have been busy with school so thanks for replying to everyone and giving them reasonable answers.

no problem. it's just cause i have very flexible hours.

Yeah, I'd usually be the one replying to everyone, but i've been rather busy as of late trying to set up a new job and looking for a new home, so I get on less than usual. I'll probably be back on just as much as Armond once 2K18 hits though.

no problem man yeah i'm usually not responding that much but i probably won't much longer since i'm moving myself in july

If Undertaker truly retired, this years game should be based around him and his career in my opinion.

i agree but even if it was i just don't see them doing his entire streak because of cm punk

If they were to do it they shouldn't focus on the streak anyway. It dominated the late end of his career but from the start to around his late bikertaker period his best story lines were not really focused around Wrestlemania.

His New Generation feuds with Yokozuna, Hogan, Warrior, Michaels, Hart, and fakertaker were all outside of Mania. Same in the attitude era with the Austin and Mankind feuds. Even in the Ruthless Aggression/Part timer era, most of his better Brock matches for instance were not in the Mania season.

If Undertaker truly retired, this years game should be based around him and his career in my opinion.

i agree but even if it was i just don't see them doing his entire streak because of cm punk

If they were to do it they shouldn't focus on the streak anyway. It dominated the late end of his career but from the start to around his late bikertaker period his best story lines were not really focused around Wrestlemania.

His New Generation feuds with Yokozuna, Hogan, Warrior, Michaels, Hart, and fakertaker were all out of Mania. Same in the attitude era with the Austin and Mankind feuds. Even in the Ruthless Aggression/Part timer era, most of his better Brock matches for instance were not in the Mania season.

no it was always mentioned atleast as long as i've been watching taker matches and that goes back to Mania 11 or 10 whatever mania it was where he fought gonzales to a no contest (that match was stupid) but they did keep mentioning how taker had never lost at wrestlemania. they just didn't start calling it the streak till around 2004 when he fought kane.

And yeah i agree with you about his better matches. i didn't see wwe from 2008 - 2011 save for the wrestlemania seasons of those years so i didn't see much of any of that stuff but yeah. it doesn't have to be about the streak for me as well.

Didn't we get enough Taker stuff with the 30 years of Mania, Attitude Era and more showcases we've had the past few years. I really don't want a Taker showcase. But I mean if the majority wants that who am I to complain? We even had the Defeat The Streak mode for him. I know he retired and I respect him and it's just a game but I really want an Angle showcase.

Didn't we get enough Taker stuff with the 30 years of Mania, Attitude Era and more showcases we've had the past few years. I really don't want a Taker showcase. But I mean if the majority wants that who am I to complain? We even had the Defeat The Streak mode for him. I know he retired and I respect him and it's just a game but I really want an Angle showcase.

1. that was on a last gen game. 4 years ago.

2. Taker retired if anyone is deserving of a send off story than he is.

3. Defeat the streak mode is a moot point at best. it was nothing but an arcade type thing. no stamina no chain grappling no slower paced matches. it was all arcadic at best.

i get you want an Angle showcase but like the other person says why can't we just have both.

and the reason why i support undertaker over an angle showcase is Undertaker would get us a bunch of content. even content we had that was removed. Angle would hardly get us that much stuff. it'd just be alternate attires of in game superstars. lesnar, hardyz guerrero orton cena etc.

only extra i could think of would probably be hogan and benjamin and haas.

3. Defeat the streak mode is a moot point at best. it was nothing but an arcade type thing. no stamina no chain grappling no slower paced matches. it was all arcadic at best.

i get you want an Angle showcase but like the other person says why can't we just have both.

and the reason why i support undertaker over an angle showcase is Undertaker would get us a bunch of content. even content we had that was removed. Angle would hardly get us that much stuff. it'd just be alternate attires of in game superstars. lesnar, hardyz guerrero orton cena etc.

I agree. For me I really don't care about the showcase mode itself, but what content it could add to the game. Like you said, Kurt Angle showcase really wouldn't add much new stuff. Haas and Benjamin for sure. Alt Attires and Arenas yeah, but really that's about it.

So let's say they already had Angle's showcase in mind already. That should be ditched because Taker retired? Not sure I'm cool with that tbh. Taker can get a cover and stuff next year. Pretty sure Taker wouldn't even care if they gave him a cover and a showcase lol Especially if rumors of his hall of fame induction next year is true. They could even do a HOF Edition. Hell we have like 4 Taker's that remained in the roster. However let me remove my personal wants aside and embrace the idea of a Taker showcase. So what exactly would HIS showcase add? We have multiple Kane's. We'd probably get short haired DDP? Maybe Kanyon? Doubt that though. Maybe retro Jeff....on second thought maybe I do want a Taker showcase for a retro Jeff alone lol Who else could we possibly get? Rikishi or Haku? Oh shit we also might get Slow Chemical for Kane if they added their WM 20 match!!! We could get Paul Bearer as a manager again. We could also get an Inferno Match again, Casket match again as well as a Buried Alive match again. Provided they're not showcase exclusives. Batista maybe? Not sure given his recent words about the company but possibly. WM 19 Flair? Retro Mankind? Brown attire. Retro Goldust? Most of the Ministry members including Brood and retro Edge/Christian. We won't get Punk however. We won't get Mr. Kennedy. We might get Khali? So with all of that I'll admit my intrigue has definitely went up. So I'm in the middle tbh.

Why not 2 showcases again, 1 for Taker and 1 for Angle, would have some overlap in there.

This is actually an amazing idea. Everyone wins!

I agree. For me I really don't care about the showcase mode itself, but what content it could add to the game. Like you said, Kurt Angle showcase really wouldn't add much new stuff. Haas and Benjamin for sure. Alt Attires and Arenas yeah, but really that's about it.

yeah that's what i always fight for. especially when people tried to say that showcase was a waste i bring up all the addons we got between 2k15 and 2k16.

and yeah i'd love to get haas and ben but taker would definitely get us alot more. not to mention if they did an undertaker showcase i really doubt they'd be able to skip over hogan since he got 2 of his reigns from hogan.

@thenerd if they had that planned no i wouldn't want them to switch out. i did say "how about 2 1 for taker and 1 for angle. that way it's diverse"

I agree with the idea of 2 Showcases, but if I had to choose one I would choose Taker because of the following:

1 - His career started in 1990 and ended in 2017, just think about all the superstars/arenas/attires that such showcase would include

2 - We can get match types that were previously removed like casket/buried alive/inferno matches.

3 - Some cool feuds that we can relieve for the first time like

The 1994 feud with Yokozuna

The 1996 - 1998 feud with Manking

The 1997 - 1998 feud with HBK and DX

The whole Kane feud from 1997 all the way to 2010

The 1996 - 2001 feud with Stone Cold

Some of his heel Big Evil run matches like the ladder match against Jeff Hardy and his feud with Kurt Angle and the Rock

The 2002 - 2003 feud with Brock Lesnar

His feuds with Batista, Edge and HBK during the period of 2007 - 2010

His recent feud with Lesnar after he broke the streak

The final BOD reunion against the Wyatts

His final Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania match against Reigns

Lots and lots of superstars, attires, arenas and a few match types that were removed to be added again and revamped.

I agree with the idea of 2 Showcases, but if I had to choose one I would choose Taker because of the following:

1 - His career started in 1990 and ended in 2017, just think about all the superstars/arenas/attires that such showcase would include

2 - We can get match types that were previously removed like casket/buried alive/inferno matches.

Some of his heel Big Evil run matches like the ladder match against Jeff Hardy and his feud with Kurt Angle and the Rock

Lots and lots of superstars, attires, arenas and a few match types that were removed to be added again and revamped.

if they can by pass punk i think it could be doable

and i agree we get alot more stuff vs an angle showcase.

and i know you're a huge taker fan. i can tell lol

Lol indeed I am a huge Taker fan. They can have an Angle showcase as well, maybe as DLC.

Lol indeed I am a huge Taker fan. They can have an Angle showcase as well, maybe as DLC.

yeah man i am too. i think Sting and Taker were my top 2 when i was heavily watching wcw and wwf.

so yeah i'm more drawn towards a taker showcase vs an angle one lol

"With the users post history being 100% accurate with leaks" never heard of him or any "leaks" that he's been right about.

yeah i just can't accept a post like that LOL it just said seth rollins LOL

From the WWE Rumor Mill: Cover Superstar of WWE 2K18 video game possibly leaked

What’s the story?

The Cover Superstar of the WWE 2K18 video game may have possibly been leaked.

If one is to believe the professional wrestling rumour mill, ‘The Kingslayer’ Seth Rollins may feature on the cover of the much-awaited video game, with the date for its release set later this year. This is according to Reddit user Mad Dog Managoff who has correctly predicted several WWE happenings in the past.

In case you didn’t know...

The WWE has partnered with several popular video game developers such as THQ and 2K among others.

WWE’s primary video games that have been specifically marketed as the WWE 2K series since 2014 are usually available on the PS3, PS4, Windows, Xbox 360 and Xbox One platforms.

The heart of the matter

Mad Dog Managoff has said that Seth Rollins will grace the Cover of the WWE 2K18 video game which will be released later this year.

The exact date of the release of WWE 2K18 hasn’t been confirmed as of yet, with rumours rife that the much-awaited video game will honour in mid-to-late October.

The possibility of WWE choosing a young Superstar such as Seth Rollins to be on the cover of its biggest annual video game is being heralded as a huge step toward progress by fans and critics alike, owing to the fact that the promotion usually opts for established veterans or part-timers such as Brock Lesnar to feature on the video game’s cover.

Also read: WWE 2K18: 5 ways 2K can improve the next game in the franchise

What’s next?

WWE 2K18 is likely to be released in mid-to-late October. Further details of the wildly popular video game will be revealed in the days to come.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/from-the-wwe-rumor-mill-cover-superstar-of-wwe-2k18-video-game-possibly-leaked?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=sportskeeda

"This is according to Reddit user Mad Dog Managoff who has correctly predicted several WWE happenings in the past." still waiting on examples of things he's predicted that came true.

if you look at his recent posts, he did post some things spoiling some shows. even some details about the house of horrors match before it aired.

spoiling wwetv is totally different than knowing info in a video game.

one day you guys will learn.

"This is according to Reddit user Mad Dog Managoff who has correctly predicted several WWE happenings in the past." still waiting on examples of things he's predicted that came true.

from what I heard he correctly predicted Seth Rollins, Undertaker, and HHH to be in the game last year :shifty:

:facepalm:

yeah cause there was absolutely no way those people would be in the game.

Good F'n Grief.

Archived