UK General Election 2017

JGPLX.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame the old people will just vote the Tories in again huh?

and not having those Sottish seats is a blow.

And Theresa May is an incompetent *censored*?

She started her campaigning in Bolton, the people who turned up booed her off and then she tweeted saying thanks to those who turned up, was hilar

Well we already had that big brexit war

Pretty sure I'm just gonna end up on the losing side for the third time

i don't know much about the uk politics but what if Trump revealed he was a UK native. and ran. you guys would be more screwed than we are right now lol.

Relax i was only being silly

We have our own Trump already, he got us to vote out of the EU so that we could kick out all the foreign people and only have Biritsh natives here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Farage

I mean, his party isn't big enough to ever actually win power for himself but he sure does inspire a lot of racist people (last votes his party got the third most votes)

and it seems he isn't leader of UKIP any more, huh TIL

I'm pretty excited to learn about you guys' political scene for a change

Basically David Cameron abdicated following that stupid Brexit decision. Teresa May stepped in as PM without being voted and she's incredibly incompetent. Jeremy Corbyn of the Labour Party is currently very popular with the younger generation, but tbf he's the best choice and people should vote him or be cast adrift in the Atlantic, Irish Sea, North Sea or the English Channel. Your choice.

i don't know much about the uk politics but what if Trump revealed he was a UK native. and ran. you guys would be more screwed than we are right now lol.

Relax i was only being silly

We have our own Trump already, he got us to vote out of the EU so that we could kick out all the foreign people and only have Biritsh natives here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Farage

I mean, his party isn't big enough to ever actually win power for himself but he sure does inspire a lot of racist people (last votes his party got the third most votes)

and it seems he isn't leader of UKIP any more, huh TIL

wow that sucks that stuff like that really happens all over.

From what I understand, Tories are right wing, while Labour are left?

Yeah

Though they indentify as "right central" and "left central"

From what I understand, Tories are right wing, while Labour are left?

Yeah

Though they indentify as "right central" and "left central"

Then I'd vote for Labour.

Torries got my vote here. We don't need another Tony Blair or Gordon Brown *censored*ing things up again. Plus May actually appears to be the first PM to actually be somewhat decent in a very long time.

Right yet you skip over David Cameron, a Torie, who *censored*ed over this country more than either of them. Also nobody takes May seriously, she's not fit to be PM.

On the surface, yeah. There's all kinds of grey areas, but that's probably the simplest way to describe them.

The Torie's want to get rid of the NHS. Or at least severely cripple it more than they already have. So sure, vote Conservative if you don't want great medical care that you don't have to pay thousands for every time you stub your toe.

Torries got my vote here. We don't need another Tony Blair or Gordon Brown *censored*ing things up again. Plus May actually appears to be the first PM to actually be somewhat decent in a very long time.

Right yet you skip over David Cameron, a Torie, who *censored*ed over this country more than either of them. Also nobody takes May seriously, she's not fit to be PM.

Read that bolded part again. I wouldn't have said "in a very long time" if I thought Cameron was any good. Plus, "somewhat decent" doesn't equate to "great" or even "good". Just "she was better than those that came before her", which, honestly, isn't that hard.

Read that bolded part again. I wouldn't have said "in a very long time" if I thought Cameron was any good. Plus, "somewhat decent" doesn't equate to "great" or even "good". Just "she was better than those that came before her", which, honestly, isn't that hard.

You shouldn't be voting for her because she might be the most decent one for a long time. You should be voting for her if you think she's better than her running mates. Better than Jeremy Corbyn? Absolutely laughable considering the Conservative views on the NHS.

They don't allow us to have a vote to compromise like that with "well she is shit, but slightly less shit than what we have had before." They allow us to have the vote to elicit CHANGE.

RyderFan comparing Corbyn to Blair and Brown simply cos he's Labour and then saying May seems 'decent' shows how little he knows. This should be about policies and not the person, and Labour's policies are by far better than Conservatives'.

The internet/social media would suggest Corbyn is winning but I don't see it happening unfortunately, it's just social media is mostly used by young people who are much more likely to vote Labour.

Archived