Official Free Games and Game Deals Topic (Sims 4 on Origin)

Generations

Okay, so I've made a handful of topics around here for one game or another...games that had flash giveaways or whatever...but we don't have a proper "free games" topic, and I think we should have one. As the creator of the topic, I will try to edit the title to reflect the latest offerings. If anyone comes across anything, just post it here and spread the word. Not limited to one service or another. Feel free to post about PC games, console games, whatever...just keep it legal. We're talking about official services here, not bootlegs.

**SEE MOST RECENT POST FOR LATEST FREE GAMES**

I won't be editing the main post, so check the latest posts for new freebies. I will, however, be editing the topic title to reflect the date that I have posted about a new free game.

-January 16 2019 Update-

*** EDIT : I'm also adding game deals to this topic, since we don't have a topic for that, as far as I can tell. I won't be adding the weekly deals that happen on services like PSN and XBL, but people can post those if they want. I'll mostly just be pointing out things that I see online.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you edit the title that would work... but it would also need actual posts cuz otherwise it will be buried. It may be better to stick to individual topics if that's the case

As for free games, Lies of Asteroth is decent enough on Xbox, I got to the point that you gotta grind for years or pay to get further so I effed it off but that's standard for any FTP game

Two things...There's a free weekend for Minecraft on XB1. (18th-21st). There is also a free multiplayer event during the same time (for all XB games)...ie: if you don't have gold, you can still play multiplayer.

Overwatch is doing a free weekend 26th-29th

Ok that a surpise free game not one u can really finish in a weekend

Not a surprise. They intentionally make those games big ones that you can't complete in a weekend...they want you to get hooked and then buy them Kinda the point.

Anyway, also on Xbox...the new "Games Pass" service is advertising a "14 Day free trial". I'm definitely gonna get on that when I get through some of my backlog. I'm sure there are a number of games that I could benefit from playing for free during that two week period...

Anyway, also on Xbox...the new "Games Pass" service is advertising a "14 Day free trial". I'm definitely gonna get on that when I get through some of my backlog. I'm sure there are a number of games that I could benefit from playing for free during that two week period...

100 free games for two weeks

100 free games for two weeks

The list is really shoddy. Previous games with gold...AKA ones that I've already owned/played.

But there are a few nuggets there...

Here's the full list:

Current Xbox Game Pass Titles

Xbox One

• Blood Bowl 2
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • D4: Darks Dreams Don't Die
  • Defense Grid 2
  • Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
  • Electronic Super Joy
  • Farming Simulator 15
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
  • The Golf Club
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Halo: Spartan Assault
  • IDARB
  • JumpJet Rex
  • Knight Squad
  • Kyub
  • Layers of Fear
  • Lumo
  • Mad Max
  • Massive Chalice
  • Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
  • Mega Coin Squad
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection
  • NBA 2K16
  • OlliOlli
  • Payday 2: Crimewave Edition
  • Pumped BMX+
  • Resident Evil 0
  • Roundabout
  • Saints Row IV: Re-elected
  • ScreamRide
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
  • Steredenn
  • Strider
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings
  • Super Time Force
  • The Swapper
  • Terraria
  • WWE 2K16

Xbox 360 (Playable on Xbox One)

• A Kingdom for Keflings
  • A World of Keflings
  • Age of Booty
  • Alex Kidd & Co. (Sega Vintage Collection)
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
  • Banjo-Tooie
  • Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2
  • BioShock
  • BioShock 2
  • BioShock Infinite
  • Borderlands
  • Bound by Flame
  • Braid
  • Capcom Arcade Cabinet
  • CastleStorm
  • Comic Jumper
  • Comix Zone
  • Dark Void
  • De Blob 2
  • Defense Grid
  • Dig Dug
  • Double Dragon Neon
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
  • Fable III
  • Final Fight: Double Impact
  • Flock
  • Galaga Legions DX
  • Gears of War
  • Gears of War 2
  • Gears of War 3
  • Gears of War: Judgment
  • Golden Axe (Sega Vintage Collection)
  • Grid 2
  • Hexic 2
  • IDARB
  • Iron Brigade
  • Jetpac Refuelled
  • Joe Danger: Special Edition
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie
  • Joy Ride Turbo
  • Kameo
  • King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
  • Lego Batman: The Video Game
  • The Maw
  • Metal Slug 3
  • Monday Night Combat
  • Ms. Splosion Man
  • MX vs. ATV Reflex
  • N+
  • Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Pac-Man CE DX+
  • Pac-Man Museum
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • Sacred 3
  • Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space
  • Sam & Max: Save The World
  • Samurai Shodown II
  • SoulCalibur
  • SoulCalibur II HD
  • Spelunky
  • Splosion Man
  • Stacking
  • Streets of Rage (Sega Vintage Collection)
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Toy Soldiers
  • Toy Soldiers: Cold War
  • Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
  • Viva Pinata
  • Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
  • XCOM: Enemy Within

Not much to pick from, which I'm actually somewhat relieved about. I see a handful of games that I can probably speedrun and get achievements for, that I would probably not otherwise play. I'm eyeing Resident Evil, Shantae, the Banjo games, and the old school arcade titles...for the most part.

Fallout 4 free this weekend on Xbox One and Steam.

*flipps the table a week later after buying it*

It was just for the weekend. (In May...and it was already over when you posted this)

Let me tell you, a weekend is not long enough for Fallout 4, so you shouldn't be upset about buying it...

Fallout 4 free this weekend on Xbox One and Steam.

*flipps the table a week later after buying it*

It was just for the weekend. (In May...and it was already over when you posted this)

Let me tell you, a weekend is not long enough for Fallout 4, so you shouldn't be upset about buying it...

Ah. I see. Yeah. A weekend isn't enough. Bought the game for PS4 when it came out and spent over 1000 hours on it. Just got a decent gaming PC and got it there aswell.

But the weekend only thing is a relief :P

I think you should update the thread title saying which games are free at what time, rather than just having the date. Eg "_____ is currently free on Xbox from June 7th-June 9th" etc

I think you should update the thread title saying which games are free at what time, rather than just having the date. Eg "_____ is currently free on Xbox from June 7th-June 9th" etc

Yeah...not doing that, simply because many of these games remain free. It wouldn't all fit. I'm not about to write a paragraph in the header to explain what is free and for how long. I explained how it worked in the main post. If people care, they'll check it out. It's not hard to look at the date and say "let me check the latest posts"...

Yeah...not doing that, simply because many of these games remain free. It wouldn't all fit. I'm not about to write a paragraph in the header to explain what is free and for how long. I explained how it worked in the main post. If people care, they'll check it out. It's not hard to look at the date and say "let me check the latest posts"...

More for the stuff like free weekends and stuff like that, eg this passed weekend where FIFA was free

Any Steam user can download a free copy of Payday 2 right now, and the game will be theirs forever, courtesy of a special offer from publisher Starbreeze Studios.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/8/15765330/payday-2-free-steam?utm_campaign=polygon.social&utm_medium=social&utm_content=polygon&utm_source=facebook

Archived