WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

How is it not their fault? I dont understand lol.

Roman gets heat because hes overpushed and some dont like his matches. The CWs just go out and put on a solid match almost every time and sure as hell aint overpushed.

And anyway im addressing the CM Punk chant specifically. That chant has no business in any match.

It's WWE's fault for not giving the people any reason to care for the cruiserweights. That's the same thing as saying ratings being low is the people's fault for not tuning in.

What more can they do? Aries, Neville and Jack were all heavily featured for months how can anyone not at least grasp their characters? What do people want Corkscrew 630s every damn night? In my eyes the crowd was bad and they should feel bad plain and simple.

I usually skip the RAW CW matches. But this week, I decided to give it a chance and was bored out of my mind. It was Austin Aries in restholds and even he looked like he was just going though the motions.

Point is, I don't blame the crowd. Support the division all you like bud but a lot of us feel how you feel about Jinder or Miz when we sit through these matches.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing I love about Erick Rowan's segment on Talking Smack was how his masks made him do different masks. His clown mask made him a maniac, his gas mask calms him down and I guess this can explain why he was all shy and gentle when he was face with his original sheep mask.

How is it not their fault? I dont understand lol.

Roman gets heat because hes overpushed and some dont like his matches. The CWs just go out and put on a solid match almost every time and sure as hell aint overpushed.

And anyway im addressing the CM Punk chant specifically. That chant has no business in any match.

It's WWE's fault for not giving the people any reason to care for the cruiserweights. That's the same thing as saying ratings being low is the people's fault for not tuning in.

What more can they do? Aries, Neville and Jack were all heavily featured for months how can anyone not at least grasp their characters? What do people want Corkscrew 630s every damn night? In my eyes the crowd was bad and they should feel bad plain and simple.

Are you saying there's nothing the WWE can do to improve the Cruiserweight division?

8OWA7uV.jpg

Since winning the WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania, Brock Lesnar has been defending the title nightly in distant corners of the universe — and the rigors of interstellar travel are reportedly taking their toll.

Lesnar was hospitalized for “extreme dehydration, exhaustion, and time dilation” yesterday on Planet Ichnaarh in the Andromeda Galaxy, after defending his championship against the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

According to a Dr. Trillian Slartibartfast of the Galactic Confederation of Sports Medicine, Lesnar’s exhaustion may be partly due to a concussion he sustained while squaring off against Max Moon in the 11-dimensional hyper-squared-circle of the Ursa Minor Dwarf Galaxy Wrestling Federation (UMDGWF).

Lesnar’s advocate Paul Heyman, who was squashed last week into a small gelatinous blob due to the extreme gravity on Planet Kepler 10-b, said his client’s undefeated streak over a 20-billion-light-year “territory” proves he cannot be beaten.

Later this week, Lesnar will go toe-to-tentacle with The Singularity, a sentient supermassive black hole at the heart of the Crab Nebula, which will be defending it’s 38,492,387-match winning streak.

“My client,” gurgled the Heymanblob, “will be the one in 38,492,387 and one.”

http://www.kayfabenews.com/lesnar-stripped-universal-championship-defending-30-days-galaxies/

What was solid about it? Like what raises it above painfully mediocre?

It just was a decent match like i dont understand was it bad to you? Did it hurt you to watch it? What did you expect? Was it really, truly worthy of CM Punk chants?

I mean *censored*in hell i think Jinder Mahal is garbage but i can as least say him & AJ at least had a decent match. I wasnt sitting there cheerin for a guy who isnt in the company

8OWA7uV.jpg

Since winning the WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania, Brock Lesnar has been defending the title nightly in distant corners of the universe and the rigors of interstellar travel are reportedly taking their toll.

Lesnar was hospitalized for extreme dehydration, exhaustion, and time dilation yesterday on Planet Ichnaarh in the Andromeda Galaxy, after defending his championship against the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

According to a Dr. Trillian Slartibartfast of the Galactic Confederation of Sports Medicine, Lesnars exhaustion may be partly due to a concussion he sustained while squaring off against Max Moon in the 11-dimensional hyper-squared-circle of the Ursa Minor Dwarf Galaxy Wrestling Federation (UMDGWF).

Lesnars advocate Paul Heyman, who was squashed last week into a small gelatinous blob due to the extreme gravity on Planet Kepler 10-b, said his clients undefeated streak over a 20-billion-light-year territory proves he cannot be beaten.

Later this week, Lesnar will go toe-to-tentacle with The Singularity, a sentient supermassive black hole at the heart of the Crab Nebula, which will be defending its 38,492,387-match winning streak.

My client, gurgled the Heymanblob, will be the one in 38,492,387 and one.

http://www.kayfabenews.com/lesnar-stripped-universal-championship-defending-30-days-galaxies/

Ha! Slartibartfast

What was solid about it? Like what raises it above painfully mediocre?

It just was a decent match like i dont understand was it bad to you? Did it hurt you to watch it? What did you expect? Was it really, truly worthy of CM Punk chants?

I mean *censored*in hell i think Jinder Mahal is garbage but i can as least say him & AJ at least had a decent match. I wasnt sitting there cheerin for a guy who isnt in the company

Yeah, if I was in that crowd, it would be piss break/beer break material. They're chanting Punk to entertain themselves more than anything.

And yeah, it was bad in the sense that you have that much talent in the ring and they're working the most formulaic style of tag match there is. Aries himself legit looked bored selling the restholds of Perkins and Neville's heat segment.

Then we got a decent hot tag from Jack but that's about it. None of them are garbage. They're just going through the motions. Which is also not their fault but it's so Goddamn boring...

There's no strong incentive to watch the cruiserweights wrestle. What else do I want from them? idk, something that's different from what the main-roster guys do, because we're constantly reminded that the cruiserweights are supposed to be different and they even have their own little division... but their matches are very similar to what we see throughout the show, that's the problem.

Finn Balor is also a cruiserweight but the guy has beaten Roman Reigns... I'm making a very random point, but yeah, that also bothers me a bit. Why isn't he wrestling with these goons? (maybe because he's really popular, or is supposed to be, idk)

Also.. Just found out that Jinder Mahal's finisher is called "The Khallas" (the end). It sounds ridiculous and silly as hell as someone who understands the language lol.

Well yeah, I agree with everything but your random point. They've explained that through guys like Sin Cara and Neville. You sign for the division or whatever. You don't have to be part of it just because your Balor's size. That's also why Kalisto isn't restricted to the division yet.

As for the similar thing, that's the problem. If you switched Neville and Perkins with Titus and Bo Dallas and replaced Aries and Jack with Darren Young and Curtis Axel, it could be the same damn match. I even looked up the write-up of that tag and this isn't crazy talk. It's simple run-of-the-mill material. And you know what? The crowd would act the same way.

I hate the CM Punk chant for the singular reason that it has devalued Punk's name. If the guy was to ever return at this point, the chant would be burned out...like Willows Way just said...it's becoming his most hated chant. It's like how Reigns using the same theme for his entire career has ruined the hype for any sort of Shield reunion. You'd just hear Reigns' theme now...it's not the same anymore. Punk chants are very similar.

Well yeah, I agree with everything but your random point. They've explained that through guys like Sin Cara and Neville. You sign for the division or whatever. You don't have to be part of it just because your Balor's size. That's also why Kalisto isn't restricted to the division yet.

As for the similar thing, that's the problem. If you switched Neville and Perkins with Titus and Bo Dallas and replaced Aries and Jack with Darren Young and Curtis Axel, it could be the same damn match. I even looked up the write-up of that tag and this isn't crazy talk. It's simple run-of-the-mill material. And you know what? The crowd would act the same way.

I see. That makes sense, then.

I hate the CM Punk chant for the singular reason that it has devalued Punk's name. If the guy was to ever return at this point, the chant would be burned out...like Willows Way just said...it's becoming his most hated chant. It's like how Reigns using the same theme for his entire career has ruined the hype for any sort of Shield reunion. You'd just hear Reigns' theme now...it's not the same anymore. Punk chants are very similar.

I disagree on both. I think there's a distinct difference between listening to Roman's theme and The Shield's theme. Yes they follow the same rhythm, but the...feel of them are a tad different. Also the "Sierra, Hotel,..." at the beginning is a big difference.

And Punk's name will never be devalued just because it gets chanted in every show- if anything it will only keep it at the top. I love seeing HHH's flustered look everytime it gets chanted because he tries his hardest to ignore them. I also don't mind if it gets chanted during a boring match. This is coming from someone who wasn't the biggest fan of Punk when he was active. I've grown to appreciate that he was probably the last...megastar, if you will, to come out of pro wrestling. With how WWE likes everything to be confined in their own little world now (such as, how you said to me before, they want their commentators to not be special), we'll never have guys like Bray Wyatt become megastars.

*Censored* the effort. Kings and queens don't go to the kitchen to make their own breakfast and Jiggies don't go a page back to look for their own info, it gets delivered to them.

Well how has that delivery service worked out for you so far?

*Censored* the effort. Kings and queens don't go to the kitchen to make their own breakfast and Jiggies don't go a page back to look for their own info, it gets delivered to them.

Shut up! You're not the Pirate King yet

Chill, I need a map, German 66.

Well how has that delivery service worked out for you so far?

It's a complete *censored*ing letdown thus far.

Meanwhile, as you can see, Randy Orton

https://twitter.com/RandyOrton/status/864734637431693312

And Punk's name will never be devalued just because it gets chanted in every show- if anything it will only keep it at the top. I love seeing HHH's flustered look everytime it gets chanted because he tries his hardest to ignore them.

Guess that makes two of us, then...

And Punk's name will never be devalued just because it gets chanted in every show- if anything it will only keep it at the top. I love seeing HHH's flustered look everytime it gets chanted because he tries his hardest to ignore them.

Guess that makes two of us, then...

Steph is even better, IMO. I think HHH is pretty good at shutting the crowd down, but Steph is so obviously bothered by it, and it never gets old. She just starts acting like a child. It's classic.

Archived