Official NXT Takeover: Chicago Discussion Thread

Jmerc

There are rumors that this weekends WWE UK events from Norwich will be taped to play on the Network. I think the plan is to go to Smaller venues in the UK to tape the weekly UK shows for WWE UK

As for Takeover: Chicago, I would be shocked if Drew McIntyre and Aleister Black do not have matches on the card.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hate if title switching is limited to the UK. Makes shit predictable and is kind of pointless when you think about it.

Isn't the show being taped at Full Sail anyways?

Dafuq? No. Not at all. This is how territorial titles are supposed to work. That's how titles like the "United States" or "European" championship used to have a justification for their existence.

I don't care about that stuff. I don't think WWE does either tbh.

I'm glad the strap is being defended at Takeover Chicago and wouldn't mind seeing it on PPV's every now and then. And yeah, since it is already being defended in Chicago, it would be boring as hell if there's no chance of it switching hand for that reason.

There are rumors that this weekends WWE UK events from Norwich will be taped to play on the Network. I think the plan is to go to Smaller venues in the UK to tape the weekly UK shows for WWE UK

Ah cool!

I would hate if title switching is limited to the UK. Makes shit predictable and is kind of pointless when you think about it.

Dafuq? No. Not at all. This is how territorial titles are supposed to work. That's how titles like the "United States" or "European" championship used to have a justification for their existence.

I'm glad the strap is being defended at Takeover Chicago and wouldn't mind seeing it on PPV's every now and then. And yeah, since it is already being defended in Chicago, it would be boring as hell if there's no chance of it switching hand for that reason.

Ah cool!

Except it's beginning to look like they do. Hence the title.

The UK Championship would be utterly pointless if it just turned into yet another belt

I think they'll be fairly consistent with only UK (and Irish) guys competing for it but the soil thing won't matter.

Doesn't change my stand on it.

Ah cool!
Except it's beginning to look like they do. Hence the title.

They've defended it at Full Sail before (against Jack). They're defending it in Chicago. I think you missed my point, perhaps? All I'm saying is I wouldn't mind if it changes hands outside UK soil or else it just kills these matches for me.

And by saying exactly what you boded, all I mean is they're clearly defending it in the States already. So I'm not wrong.

The UK Championship would be utterly pointless if it just turned into yet another belt

I think they'll be fairly consistent with only UK (and Irish) guys competing for it but the soil thing won't matter.

Doesn't change my stand on it.
I'm not trying to lol. I'm speculating based on what we've already seen.

Disagree big time. Until the UK show gets up and running I think it'd be cool to see the UK Title as a midcard belt for NXT. Maybe give someone like Strong or Itami a run with it if they are never going to be NXT Champion and let them be the only non-Brit to hold it.

Disagree big time. Until the UK show gets up and running I think it'd be cool to see the UK Title as a midcard belt for NXT. Maybe give someone like Strong or Itami a run with it if they are never going to be NXT Champion and let them be the only non-Brit to hold it.

"Midcard".

How the hell do you legit explain the championship being less worth than the other championships? That's exactly my issue with the IC and US belts right now. Unless you kayfabe explain that the title holder gets less money and less promotion, there is no reason why the "UK Championship" should be beneath the "NXT Championship".

And no thanks about Itami or Strong getting a UK title run, just because. They should try to make all these titles different from each other, for once, so that fans actually have a reason to care about them. Just look at SmackDown, for example, where the United States Championship is fought over just as hard as the World title, while not just getting the main event spot on the show aswell, but also being fought over by several former World Champions. With Jinder Mahal being the no.1 contender to the WWE Championship - as much as I enjoy it - the United States Championship looks just as important as the WWE Championship and there is no reason for fans to not see these two championships as anything different than equal. WWE simply telling us so, just is another slap into the face of the fans.

Give us a reason to care, dammit!

More like time for Regal to beat dat ass. Or at least try to before Dunne destroys him lol.

Shame Regal's body probably can't take another match. :(

Triple H did announce that these tapings will air later this month. If that is the case, I can see the WWE editing out the 205 Live matches that do not include any non UK Talent and the UK Championship #1 contender match, although they could recap that match if it airs after Takeover: Chicago.

Triple H did announce that these tapings will air later this month. If that is the case, I can see the WWE editing out the 205 Live matches that do not include any non UK Talent and the UK Championship #1 contender match, although they could recap that match if it airs after Takeover: Chicago.

What ... why?

What ... why?

I feel like the WWE could edit out the 205 Live matches as that could be the WWE thing to do. As for the UK Championship #1 contender, it'll depend on the dates the shows air.

Did she eclipse herself? With less than a month to go before Takeover: Chicago, we dont have much of a card yet but the Womens Title match has been announced. The show will see champion Asuka defending her title against Ruby Riot, Nikki Cross and Ember Moon in a four way. Or at least that was the plan.

According to F4WOnline, Moon is no longer advertised for the match. This is likely due to Moon being ejected from the ring in a battle royal on this weeks episode of NXT and banging her arm on the barricade. Moon was recently spotted with her arm in a sling and the extent of her injuries arent known at this point.

https://wrestlingrumors.net/wrestler-no-longer-advertised-takeover-chicago/

That's some bull crap! Hopefully it's just a storyline which will pull her out of the match, hurdle yet another obstacle in order to get the title off of Asuka (perhaps in Brooklyn?). And at this point Asuka has to be loving herself for doing this to Ember because she knows deep down that Ember is a legit threat for not only her title, but her undefeated streak.

Archived