Games of the past that should get either a reboot, or remaster

armondwardatl

Skate 1 blew my mind. It was so much cooler than the THPS games. Then Skate 2 came...and it was more of the same. And then I didn't even bother playing 3. One of those series that just became way too redundant. I think those games even had the same map/city, right? Yeah...just not enough effort in changing things up.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, Create-an-Entrance was brand new so for gamers who loved creating rosters like TNA and such, it was an absolute treat. The depth for customization just grew tenfold there. Literally my only gripe to this day is the season mode feeling rather limited to previous ones, like SYM (my favourite) and HCTP.

I have never played Raw 2, to be fair. Like, I was aware of it for months after it was new, I believe but it was only on Xbox.

Raw 2 is for Xbox, but it was a great game. Career Mode was somewhat repetitive, but it also wasn't, if you get what I mean. Create-An-Entrance was decent, and CAWs had far less limit to it than CAWs now. You could even edit a current wrestler and make him an alien or some shit! Granted, it had some issues during gameplay (which oddly enough, Wrestlemania 21 also inherited), but other than that, super fun. You could even taunt on top of turnbuckle, and even Atomic Leg Drop was spot-on.

I haven't played as many WWE games, but those two would probably be the best of the entire series. I could be wrong though, I did like WWF War Zone for 64.

Yeah the season modes on WWE have been trash in comparison to the old ones. I buy the game every other year or so and end up regretting it for that reason alone.

Universe mode is not my thing.

This 100%.

Wow...talk about funny timing.

Remember when I said a new Burnout with crash mode would be cool?...Well, that's not happening. But, a full "crash mode" game is...or at least, a game that plays exactly like that...made by the original ex-developers of Burnout 3. Lol.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/26/15424274/danger-zone-burnout-crash-mode-pc-ps4

YF3BQMjl.jpg

Dino Crisis

Oh shit, I forgot about Dino Crisis. Capcom have been sitting on that IP for way too long.

Way too long. Played my version the other day a little. Forgotten myself how awesome it was.

Refreshing to see I'm not the only Destruction Derby fan out there these days...

Smashing cars to bits on purpose? Hell no you're not. The day they ported it to Saturn was a great day for me. DD2 was a bit of a letdown to be fair though.

Ah the carnage of 20 cars in a bowl all crashing in all directions - bliss.

reboots

Destruction Derby

Pitfall

Contra/Super Contra

Double Dragon

Ninja Gaiden

MegaMan

BloodRayne

remastered

BloodRayne 1&2

when you mention mega man do you mean the original, legends or X series? imo i wish they'd reboot all 3. X got messed up the worst after X4 but hey that's just me lol

Refreshing to see I'm not the only Destruction Derby fan out there these days...

Smashing cars to bits on purpose? Hell no you're not. The day they ported it to Saturn was a great day for me. DD2 was a bit of a letdown to be fair though.

Ah the carnage of 20 cars in a bowl all crashing in all directions - bliss.

yeah the fist one was hilarious. especially when that announcer kept going "YEAH!" lol

just thought about San Franciso Rush. that game was so fun. I remember when my best friend and i were playing one time and he crashed into a bus and yelled out "WHOA MARTA!" basically cause MARTA is the name of the public transportation system in Atlanta where i lived at the time. i was drinking some soda when he did that and made me spit my soda out towards the TV it was so damn hilariious.

Rush Rush 2 and Rush 2049 were all fun.

Cruisin USA (the first one on N64) was fun too.

The Simpsons: Hit and Run

All previous Tekken games

Simpsons: Hit and Run is one I never would have thought of. The original game just felt so perfect to me. It's one of the games I still play from time to time.

I'd love to see a reboot/remaster of the Spyro series. One of the first games I ever played and I've been playing some recently on an emulator and it's been a real nostalgia trip.

The Tony Hawk Pro Skater series is another I'd like to see. I mean, yeah we had THPSHD and THPS5 but both of those fell kind of flat, and THPS5 was an absolute letdown, especially for a farewell to the series. There are rumors of a new project from him though without Activision. In a perfect world, we'd see THPS6 made by EA with the Skate engine but we'll see.

Now that the Crash Bandicoot trilogy is getting a remake, I'd love to see them do the same for Crash Team Racing. Bonus points if they add in an online mode (seriously that would be nuts).

Not a necessarily a reboot or a remake, but I wish they'd port over Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to the PS4. I regretted not replacing my bootleg PS3 with an official one.

I've been thinking for awhile that EA should dig into its Electronic Arts (Square Circle Triangle logo) vault and start pulling that up as arcade games. All of the "Strike" series (Desert, Jungle, Urban, etc) they could bring back as one title. And General Chaos is one that could be kinda cool with a fresh coat of paint.

I wasn't really a fan of the football one, but Mutant League Hockey I'd absolutely love to have remade. Keep the original game in there, but have a newer 3D take with similar base gameplay, flesh out the star players a bit and add more of them as well as teams and more races, add more stadiums weapons and hazards, add some intergalactic commentary teams (including ones that don't speak Earth languages), add a proper season and tourney mode, and add create a player/team/area(if they're feeling frisky). I'd buy it twice.

They don't even have to graphically.touch.it (which they would regardless) but I'd really like an NBA Street 1-3 collection. Homecourt can suck a fatty. Hell, a Vendetta/FFNY collection too. Icon can suck a fatty.

Getting off EA for a sec,Zombies Ate My Neighbors is another one that would look cool with a fresh coat.

I'd also like Capcom to try another 3D Final fight and not botch it like Streetwise. Matter fact, have Sega dig that streets of rage 4 project back up.

I'm sure there are others and some of you guys mentioned a few things that would interest me. Rush 2 really brings back some memories while I'm struggling to find the State of Emergency ones. I remember that theme though "State of Emergency the war is.on diplomacy won't cure it. Fire.on the concrete and blood stains on the surface". And Urban Reign, I don't think I've laughed harder playing a game by myself aside of maybe WWE AllStars

and I'm pretty sure SvR 06 Remastered can sell more than the last three games combined.

Will it *Censored*

Unless it's named WWE 2018 (or whatever year), it will sell little copies because it would have 2006 in the title and most people will assume it's just a 12 year old game

You'd have the standard WWE people buying it but the casual fans wont buy a sports game with 2006 on the cover

Not a necessarily a reboot or a remake, but I wish they'd port over Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to the PS4. I regretted not replacing my bootleg PS3 with an official one.

Get an Xbox One and Tekken Tag 2 is on there mate ;)

Archived