Games of the past that should get either a reboot, or remaster

armondwardatl

all i can really think of is the Syphon Filter Series from PS1 and the James Bond Series that was on Gamecube. I really would love if either of those had a reboot or continuation or Remaster.

I think it'd be nice if Metal Gear Solid got an HD Reboot (same story but current gen graphics)

while you're at it we need an x-men game kinda like in the style of either arkham asylum or Spider-man Free Roam games that focuses a real story not something stupid.

so what game series do you think should either be brought back from the dead, reboot, or remastered?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I haven't played them myself save for a little of Eternal Punishment, full 3D remakes of Persona 1 and both versions of 2. Just to introduce all the new Persona fans to the origins of the series.

Not a remake but dammit I want another Shadow Pokemon game.

I wanna play Persona 3 but the Vita version has no trophies - so I kinda also don't wanna play it. Remastering them would be cool. Or just upload them with trophies.

A remaster of 4 would be insane though, give it the graphics from 5 and I'd get horny af

Anyway, the first games I would request myself would be Digimon World 1, World 2003 and Rumble Arena.

I've recently grown to love MGS again, so I'd definitely like to see an HD reboot for it. Maybe even Snake Eater because it's my favourite and I no longer own a PS2/3. I grew up with Syphon Filter on the PS1, so that sounds like a good idea as well.

On a related note, Resident Evil 2 is getting remade sometime in the future, which is really great news for survival horror enthusiasts out there. Other than that, my friend and I were fantasizing about Crash Bash getting remastered for PS4 a few months ago (but then we ended up emulating it on PC and completing the whole thing with PS4 controllers :P).

I'm sure there are more games that I'd like to see remastered. Silent Hill 2 being one of those games.

all i can really think of is the Syphon Filter Series from PS1 and the James Bond Series that was on Gamecube. I really would love if either of those had a reboot or continuation or Remaster.

I think it'd be nice if Metal Gear Solid got an HD Reboot (same story but current gen graphics)

while you're at it we need an x-men game kinda like in the style of either arkham asylum or Spider-man Free Roam games that focuses a real story not something stupid.

so what game series do you think should either be brought back from the dead, reboot, or remastered?

They weren't free roam, but the X-Men Legends games are the best X-Men games you're going to get

Bushido. *censored*ing. Blade.

man i loved that game. i hated it just died. Just like Syphon Filter, X-Men Legends, Tenchu, and Medal of Honor lol

They weren't free roam, but the X-Men Legends games are the best X-Men games you're going to get

yeah i realy thought marvel ultimate alliance really was gonna take over that market. what a letdown lol. and they are still selling MUA2 on gamestop.com for like 40 bucks

Also, a proper Burnout game with the crash mode brought back.

Yes, trying to cause maximum insurance damage was hilarious fun.

For me though there's one game that I'd bring back above all others, The Getaway.

It was so refreshing to have an open world / sandbox style game set in London, rather than the USA. The storyline of the two games was actually superbly done, it felt at times like a Guy Ritchie film - the graphics for the time were stunning as well.

I remember the tech demo they used for the PS3, it was supposed to be the third game in the series, but they canned it to put more development into the eye-toy or something.

The chance to have a free roam in any car around an HD graphic quality London would be amazing. Or just running along the streets "arresting" random people. I remember for my 21st birthday, my mates and I went to London, and we walked the routes from the game!

Plus it features two of my favourite lines from any game;

(When you hit a car) : Stop, I need your details.

It's one way - there is a sign!.

- Others:

WWF WrestleFest (with new characters, obviously)

Destruction Derby

Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi (Who doesn't want a 1-1 Star Wars beat em up? - LIGHTSABERS!!)

The Simpsons - The Arcade Game

The Simpsons - Hit and Run

007 - Goldeneye

Star Wars - Rogue Leader (the first one on the Gamecube)

Beyond Good and Evil. Been waiting for the sequel for nearly 15 years now...

never played that. how was it? I'm assuming good since you've been waiting for a 15 year sequel lol

IMO, it's one of those games that was good for it's time, but gets way more praise in the grand scheme of things than it ought to. Just an all around decent game. Not what it's hyped up to be at all. Also, not worth much of a mention, IMO...since we do know that the sequel is coming...it just doesn't have a date.

Archived