Official WWE Backlash Discussion Thread

Jmerc

I will say, though...

It's weird as *Censored* that the only member of 3MB who went and truly evolved and made a name for himself was Drew...and he is the kind of guy who deserves a random title match. But he signed with NXT for whatever reason...and then we have Jinder...who is effectively the least stand-outish person of the entire stable...and he has a WWE title shot. Lmao.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man can't wait for that RANDY ORTON VS JINDER MAHAL main event. I'm sure Chicago will love it. Hope Jinder wins and we get JINDER MAHAL VS MOJO RAWLEY main eventing Summerslam. Special Guest Ref Gronk.

About that...is anybody else thinking that it won't close the show? I'm thinking Owens vs. Styles or even Nakamura vs. Ziggler, does.....

Oh man can't wait for that RANDY ORTON VS JINDER MAHAL main event. I'm sure Chicago will love it. Hope Jinder wins and we get JINDER MAHAL VS MOJO RAWLEY main eventing Summerslam. Special Guest Ref Gronk.

About that...is anybody else thinking that it won't close the show? I'm thinking Owens vs. Styles or even Nakamura vs. Ziggler, does.....

Orton gets "injured" in his match against Bray and Jinder get his title shot on the SmackDown after Backlash

I will say, though...

It's weird as *Censored* that the only member of 3MB who went and truly evolved and made a name for himself was Drew...and he is the kind of guy who deserves a random title match. But he signed with NXT for whatever reason...and then we have Jinder...who is effectively the least stand-outish person of the entire stable...and he has a WWE title shot. Lmao.

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer. Slater and McIntyre are both really good wrestlers and very entertaining, so it's beyond me why Mahal is the one suddenly getting this huge push.

But I kind of think we'll be looking back on this the way we look back on Hardcore Holly's WWE title shot against Lesnar one day.

Let's be frank here now if rumors are true AJ Styles and the US title is basically a way to keep AJ busy until he enters the main event scene again. This is basically the same exact thing keeping Randy Orton busy until him and AJ meet. Now I do think that Jinder has gotten better and deserves a good push let's be real...it won't be with the wwe championship. I mean sure it'll be a good chance at character development and give him a chance to show what he can do on the mic and show how he works with top talent but he won't win. This is, basically, a chance to see how he can do and maybe move him up from jobber to mid card

Let's be frank here now if rumors are true AJ Styles and the US title is basically a way to keep AJ busy until he enters the main event scene again. This is basically the same exact thing keeping Randy Orton busy until him and AJ meet. Now I do think that Jinder has gotten better and deserves a good push let's be real...it won't be with the wwe championship. I mean sure it'll be a good chance at character development and give him a chance to show what he can do on the mic and show how he works with top talent but he won't win. This is, basically, a chance to see how he can do and maybe move him up from jobber to mid card

I'm sorry but I still can't get over this and I kinda wanna fight you.

But I agree with you nonetheless.

This guy though.

No please let Orton/Mahal main event so i can end the show early. AJ/Owens can be my main event or the Womens title and il be happy.

I'll get back to you when both of those matches gets overshadowed by the main event.

I mean, with WWE you never know; they could pull the typical squash match where Randy beats him in like 3 mins. or it could be a long back and forth where they actually make Jinder shine. I hope it's the latter, either way I don't think he'll win.

Hopefully.

No please let Orton/Mahal main event so i can end the show early. AJ/Owens can be my main event or the Womens title and il be happy.

I'll get back to you when both of those matches gets overshadowed by the main event.

I mean, with WWE you never know; they could pull the typical squash match where Randy beats him in like 3 mins. or it could be a long back and forth where they actually make Jinder shine. I hope it's the latter, either way I don't think he'll win.

When has Randy made his opponent shine?

Hopefully.

When has Randy made his opponent shine?

Well, Mark Henry won his first world championship against him, for example lol.

Where's Backlash gonna be exactly?

Chicago

Ha ha ha. Oh God. >__<

Wait, there's a TakeOver there too? You know, other than the possibility of a mediocre to BAD main event for Backlash, I can see it rivaling or even doing better than TakeOver.

I didn't like San Antonio and my expectations for Orlando were very low. Who knows what might happen a month from now? All I know is, SmackDown usually delivers on PPVs. And their first one after Mania being in Chicago has got to give them a boost of confidence. I'm honestly looking forward to Backlash, terrible main event aside.

Archived