Kane running for mayor, Update: Kane elected!

Mango kid

WWE legend and Knox County, Tennessee mayoral candidate Glenn "Kane" Jacobs recently spoke to Sports Illustrated and revealed some advice that he received from his WWE "Brother of Destruction" The Undertaker regarding Glenn's campaign to become mayor:

His advice was to work hard and stay true to what I believe. He was always a great role model of mine. Night in and night out, he gave everything he could for the audience. Thats what I have always done in wrestling.

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/52309/Kane-Talks-About-Advice-that-Undertaker-Gave-Him-for/

Full interview: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/05/10/kane-wwe-glenn-jacobs-knox-county-tennessee-mayor-election

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since nobody said it... And I think there is this missconseption that Kane became mayor.

Well I just realised he hasn't...yet. lol

He just won republican primary.

It has been mentioned...but people are not really paying attention to it for some reason.

Hell, on 'Talk is Jericho', Chris even said "congrats to the new mayor". I mean...it's a forgone conclusion that he will probably win the entire thing, given that Tennessee is a red state. But people are also changing their minds on republican leadership these days. So, who knows.

Would be kind of funny if he lost in the end...in spite of everything.

And as far as "supporting Kane just for being a wrestler, despite not knowing what his values are"...I agree with that. But I also think that Kane gets support just because he's always seemed like a genuine and well-spoken person. I don't like that he's a republican, or that he (seemingly) supports Trump. I said earlier that I expected better of him. But, yeah...I'm not about to hope that he loses just because he's a republican. He always seemed like a smart guy. If he can replace an asshole republican with a more level-headed one...then that's nice too. Because, I don't know that Kane has it in him to be an asshole. He's never really seemed like one before.

Yeah that sentence about him supporting Trump... it was actually sounding like: "Well, I'm a republican and he is a republican president. And the party gets me elected, so shouldn't shit on that.". It sounded really mild and diplomatic. His views probably are closer to Republican Party than anyone else. So why not use it? He really always sounded lika a smart, real level headed guy.

One thing that will be a real strength for him is his past as a teacher, that will give anything he says about education real weight. A lot of times I think politicians don't really reach people because some feel that they "haven't been there at the sharp end".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Youve likely heard by now that former WWE Champion Kane has been elected mayor of Knox County, Tennessee.

The Big Red Machine spoke to Sports Illustrated shortly after his victory to get his reaction. During the conversation, Kane revealed that Vince McMahon sent him a congratulatory text message after it was announced that he was elected mayor of Knox County.

Kane revealed he got a bit emotional reading the message and expressed why its so important to him that Vince is proud of him:

Vince has been very supportive throughout this entire endeavor. He reached out to extend his congratulations. Vince wants all of us to do well, no matter what were doing, because it reflects well on the company.

On a personal level, between me and him, its important to me that he is proud of me. Hes done so much for me and for my family. He sent me a text that got me all choked up.

Kane then said he was happy to shed the stereotype of what a WWE Superstar is, also pointing to Dwayne The Rock Johnson as another example:

I was also out to prove that WWE stars are more than just wrestlers. Were entertainers. Were worldwide, internationally-known superstars. Anything that I can do to break that stereotype, Im all about it. Dwayne The Rock Johnson is the number one movie star in the world, and hes a WWE superstar.

Linda McMahon is the Small Business Administrator of the United States of America, and she was president of WWE. But somehow, people still have this stereotype of the WWE. Im happy, on a personal level, to help destroy that stereotype.

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/kane-got-emotional-when-reading-a-text-message-from-vince-mcmahon-following-election-win/

Legit want Kane to wrestle as Mayor Kane on WWE special appearances now. His character died a long time ago anyway. Just deck him out like the monopoly man...full suit, cane, top hat....give him a gimmick like John L's "people power" :lol:

This would be perfect! :lol:

Archived