The JBL Bullying Allegations Thread

HeLLBlaZer#14

Former WWE Star Johnny Nitro Says JBL Asked Him To Steal Justin Roberts' Passport

As noted, former WWE Ring Announcer, Justin Roberts, wrote a book that included a story about his passport being stolen, claiming that JBL had something to do with it. JBL took to Twitter yesterday to deny that claim saying, "I won't answer Net rumors-but I didn't take Justin Roberts passport. Could have been anyone/he was hated by the whole crew. He's an idiot."

Later that same day an article came out on Deadspin, which included Lucha Underground's Johnny Mundo (previously known as Johnny Nitro in WWE) who talked about how JBL asked him and his MNM partner, Joey Mercury, to take Roberts' passport.

"JBL asked me and my partner to steal [Justin's] passport, and we didn't. JBL was one of the main event guys at the time, and I don't remember exactly what Justin Roberts did to become the target for the hazing of this specific oversea trip, but JBL asked me and Joey to snag Justin's passport."

Johnny feared he was put in a place where if he didn't go along with JBL's plan, he and Joey could be a target next.

"I remember it 'being a thing,' you know? We were looking at Justin, he was a few rows ahead of us on this plane, sleeping. We were like, 'What do we do?'"

In the end, they decided not to go through with the plan.

"Ultimately, we considered the options, and wound up deciding to not do it. This is a weird thing for a wrestler to say, especially in that era, but I usually went by the golden rule. I wouldn't have appreciated someone doing that to me, especially someone I considered a peer."

Aside from his tweet mentioned above, JBL hasn't made any further comments on this topic.

http://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2017/04/former-wwe-star-johnny-nitro-says-jbl.html

i think we are gonna start seeing others come out with storys of JBL' bullshit now. thats the way it goes. when one person has the guts to 'spill the beans' others come out.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former WWE Star Johnny Nitro Says JBL Asked Him To Steal Justin Roberts' Passport

As noted, former WWE Ring Announcer, Justin Roberts, wrote a book that included a story about his passport being stolen, claiming that JBL had something to do with it. JBL took to Twitter yesterday to deny that claim saying, "I won't answer Net rumors-but I didn't take Justin Roberts passport. Could have been anyone/he was hated by the whole crew. He's an idiot."

Later that same day an article came out on Deadspin, which included Lucha Underground's Johnny Mundo (previously known as Johnny Nitro in WWE) who talked about how JBL asked him and his MNM partner, Joey Mercury, to take Roberts' passport.

"JBL asked me and my partner to steal [Justin's] passport, and we didn't. JBL was one of the main event guys at the time, and I don't remember exactly what Justin Roberts did to become the target for the hazing of this specific oversea trip, but JBL asked me and Joey to snag Justin's passport."

Johnny feared he was put in a place where if he didn't go along with JBL's plan, he and Joey could be a target next.

"I remember it 'being a thing,' you know? We were looking at Justin, he was a few rows ahead of us on this plane, sleeping. We were like, 'What do we do?'"

"Ultimately, we considered the options, and wound up deciding to not do it. This is a weird thing for a wrestler to say, especially in that era, but I usually went by the golden rule. I wouldn't have appreciated someone doing that to me, especially someone I considered a peer."

Aside from his tweet mentioned above, JBL hasn't made any further comments on this topic.

http://www.wrestlingattitude.com/2017/04/former-wwe-star-johnny-nitro-says-jbl.html

i think we are gonna start seeing others come out with storys of JBL' bullshit now. thats the way it goes. when one person has the guts to 'spill the beans' others come out.

lol cuck

lol cuck

excuse me? what the *Censored* did i do to deserve a comment like that?

I'm glad more people are speaking up about this and if Vince really is involved he better forget about that friendship and give JBL the punishment he deserves.

This is his companys reputation on the line, and if he wants people to want to work with him in the future he's gonna have to fix this fast.

lol cuck

excuse me? what the *Censored* did i do to deserve a comment like that?

Laughed hysterically.

I'm glad more people are speaking up about this and if Vince really is involved he better forget about that friendship and give JBL the punishment he deserves.

This is his companys reputation on the line, and if he wants people to want to work with him in the future he's gonna have to fix this fast.

Dude lol.

Vince was part of it. He ripped on Roberts about the passport as well. Can't punish JBL for doing what he did himself.

And Vin's spot on about Eddie, Holly and the others.

Dude lol.

Vince was part of it. He ripped on Roberts about the passport as well. Can't punish JBL for doing what he did himself.

He absolutely can and will if he sees that it's best for business.

Lol. Sure.

Find it hilarious that articles are dragging how JBL treats Bryon into this as well. It's like you guys are also fighting for heel characters to tone their shit down.

Vince McMahon/WWE punishing someone for something Vince McMahon/WWE has done before? Unheard of, right? Steroids? Nah. Racism? Nah.

You saying 'you guys' says a lot, tbh.

Lol. Sure.

Find it hilarious that articles are dragging how JBL treats Bryon into this as well. It's like you guys are also fighting for heel characters to tone their shit down.

Vince McMahon/WWE punishing someone for something Vince McMahon/WWE has done before? Unheard of, right? Steroids? Nah. Racism? Nah.

PC era.

Legit can't believe that though. People used to complain about how limited heels are these days. Now they're complaining that they need to be limited even more. The best damn thing about Graves, for example, is him ripping on other characters. Same with JBL.

Honest question. Do YOU want to see characters refrain from bullying each other as well?

...and people used to love hearing the behind the scenes rib stories. Half the podcasts speak about that stuff and now they're going to be toned down as well. *Censored*.

Vince always had his "locker room beaters". Eddie Guerrero, Hardcore Holly and Chris Benoit also belonged to that.

Just ask Daniel Puder.

I thought the Puder stuff in the 05 Rumble was because he made the mistake of trying to shoot on Kurt Angle a few months prior?

If I recall correctly, it was Angle who was being a complete shooting dick during that segment, and Puder got fed up and started shooting back.

Vince always had his "locker room beaters". Eddie Guerrero, Hardcore Holly and Chris Benoit also belonged to that.

Just ask Daniel Puder.

I thought the Puder stuff in the 05 Rumble was because he made the mistake of trying to shoot on Kurt Angle a few months prior?

Well...It was Angle who called for a shoot (nearly killed Puder's tough enough buddy a week prior to that), but yeah. That's why Vince sent his bullies after him.

Lol. Sure.

PC era.

Legit can't believe that though. People used to complain about how limited heels are these days. Now they're complaining that they need to be limited even more. The best damn thing about Graves, for example, is him ripping on other characters. Same with JBL.

Honest question. Do YOU want to see characters refrain from bullying each other as well?

...and people used to love hearing the behind the scenes rib stories. Half the podcasts speak about that stuff and now they're going to be toned down as well. *Censored*.

This isn't about heel or face though it's about Bradshaw being a piece of shit in real life which is not ok.

Every time someone says something about "dis PC era" when trying to defend someone being a horrible *Censored*, all it really translates to is "let me be an asshole dammit! Stop bullying me into not bullying people!". At least, in my experience of course.

Lol. Sure.

PC era.

Commentators don't really need to be Heel or Face. They're commentators. They should narrate the show, not be a part of it.

Obviously little bickering is fine. But bringing up real life problems on internet and insulting these people? Totally uncalled for.

Pro wrestlings been using that formula for over 20 years though so I doubt it's going anywhere.

correction. WWE's been using that formula for over 20 years.

Most other promotions have always kept their commentators out of storylines and insults.

Archived