Official Mae Young Classic Discussion Thread

E#37

I hope Deonna goes far in this, happy to see her get the spotlight she deserves.

Really surprised Aerial Monroe didn't advance, Zeuxis may be a 10 year vet but she felt kinda green. She almost dripped over like after every other move lol.

Kacy was impressive and for some reason I can see her going all the way in this. Maybe not win it, but I can see her going pretty far.

Felt bad for Rayne, didn't get the response I thought a former Knockouts champion would get. But no doubt Mercedes is over and damn I hope she gets signed so she can quit her 2 full time jobs lol.

I swear they said Kaitlyn's match was happening tonight lmao.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that Madison Rayne is a vet and everything, but aside from that and her multiple Women's title reigns, what has she really done to earn a lot of hype? Has she ever had any sort of interesting character outside of the typical mean bitch gimmick with the Beautfiful People? Personally, her little pre-match intro didn't give me much reason to be that excited lol. It was so bland and generic.

We're only two episodes in to the tournament, and I think this year's MYC is already leaps and bounds better than last years based on overall talent and match quality. I remember being really bored until the later rounds, but most of these matches so far have been fun.

I've never watched much of Deonna Purrazzo before she signed, but she seems to be really good - and she's gorgeous. Marty's a lucky dude.

Deonna and Kacy really impressed me. I had seen both Ashley Rayne and Mercedes Martinez wrestle before and their match was good in my opinion. I though Ashley would've won. Aerial vs. Zeuxis didn't catch my interest really other than Aerial yelling "don't touch my hair". I don't know who WWE will try to sign with this tournament, but I hope Mia Yim, Ashley Rayne, Mercedes Martinez, Rachel Evers, and Allysin Kay are signed.

Just watched this weeks episode.

Deonna was quite impressive. I liked her work and can't wait for more. Priscilla Kelly felt more flash than substance, but I'm down to see more of her.

I really thought Aerial Monroe was advancing, she got mad love from the crowd. Zeuxis felt really sluggish in the ring. This felt like when Princessa Sugheit advanced over Kay Lee Ray last year.

Kacy Catanzaro was a lot of fun. She needs to not smile 100% of the time though. Reina was lame.

Ashley/Madison Rayne was...meh. Crowd didn't give a shit about her either it seems. Mercedes was nice to have back, I forgot that she was actually pretty good. I don't want her to go TOO far, but definitely a good pick to advance to round 2, maybe 3.

We're only two episodes in to the tournament, and I think this year's MYC is already leaps and bounds better than last years based on overall talent and match quality. I remember being really bored until the later rounds, but most of these matches so far have been fun.

AGREED. I don't know who most of these women are, but they all pop enough to make me care, and then follow up with some really good matches. It really feels like the Cruiserweight Classic again.

Watched the Episode twice to recheck some things and I must say that it was pretty good.

I know both Deonna and Priscilla from SHINE, WOH, EVOLVE, SHIMMER and other Promotion appearances and they both delivered as I expected. Too bad Priscilla didn't got to Show more but it was still a good match.

Watched Aerial several times in SHINE Wrestling and she was always fun to watch. She wasn't too gimmicky or as gimmicky there as it was in the MYC 2018 but still fun to watch! Couldn't say much about zeuxis since I only have watched her like once before but even she was solid and partialy very fluid with her transitional moves, she came off a bit sluggish and slow at parts.

Hope she comes off better in the next round.

Kacy vs Reina was fun! Kacy is a natural ultimate babyface and the role fits her perfectly.

Being a high Flyer comes natural to her and it is fun having such a female competitor in the Division.

Reina has improved a lot in the meantime, the attitude change was Fitting, the power moves were greatly executed (I loved the turning slam)and her movement as also selling were on point too.

She gave me partially Victoria vibes from 2010 in which Victoria was rolled up by everyone and their granny before she quit the wwe though and I hope she won't stick in that role for years to come cause she is a talented 2nd Generation wrestler and she has a lot of potential to grow and get even better.

Loved the switching of attitude after the match and how she showed respect to kacy by taking her over her shoulder. :)

Mercedes vs Ashley was solid even they came off slow at times. Which is sad since I know both very well from various promotions and know that they can work faster and better matches.

Found it quite sad that Ashley got barely any reaction at all since she had got a great pop during her introduction at the Parade.

Her performance in the All In ppv was leaps and bounds better than at the MYC in my opinion but the MYC match was still ok.

That chick Deonna fought was the drizzle shits. Looked like Paige, if Paige lived in a dumpster.

Her character is a gypsy(Heritage related) which is different to paiges (rock chick) character.

She is mostly working for Evolve and SHINE Wrestling and she is far better than what we saw in the MYC.

That chick Deonna fought was the drizzle shits. Looked like Paige, if Paige lived in a dumpster.

Her character is a gypsy(Heritage related) which is different to paiges (rock chick) character.

She is mostly working for Evolve and SHINE Wrestling and she is far better than what we saw in the MYC.

I didn't say anything about what her character was...I just said what she looked like. And her performance was poor, IMO. If she's capable of better, then she really failed to show even a shred of it.

Archived