Official Mae Young Classic Discussion Thread

E#37

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes she did. She's gonna be blacklisted in every company ever. She tried to break Rosemary's arm or something at Triplemania.

Not a WWE matter though. There's an Indy section for this, with a lucha thread.

Sexy star might be out of the wrestling business... Just read a article were she Went off the rails and attacked 1 Superstar then intentionally hurt Rosemary

Last i checked, that *Censored* had nothing to do with the Mae Young Classic.

Episode 3

Wonder why the female ref wasn't apart of all the matches for this. Anyway not a big deal

Already saw it in the commercial but seeing Toni doing her trademark "hip" attack is always nice.
First time seeing Evie wrestle, pretty solid. The final moves of the match was nice. Liked the power from Kavita throughout the match.
Nothing more to say about Bianca that I haven't already said or expressed before :nod: Wanna see her and Naomi go at it.
Cool to see Sage wrestle though. Good match.
Already know about Santana but seeing Viper/Piper wrestle for the first time was cool. Love her power. Good match.

I'll ask again since it was bottom post but who's all signed already?

WWE COO Paul "Triple H" Levesque recently sat down with Josh Barnett of USA Today's For The Win, and took them behind the scenes of the Mae Young Classic, what it took to make it happen, and the impact it will have on women within the industry. Below are some highlights:

Making the Mae Young Classic a Reality:

"Sometimes people think these tournaments just kinda take place, but it's an unbelievable amount of work. One, to find the women; two, to find the ones who are good enough; and three, to make them all mean something when they're all coming from different locations and it's global. We need to make sure the right styles are there and then in the right matches to piece the whole thing together."

Selecting the Participants:

"We thought we could probably do this with 16 women who were very elite and upper deck. As we started to dig and watch more footage, there were more women. I realized I can do this with 32 who are really solid and high quality. We picked the 32, and it was hard to make the decision of who should go in and who shouldn't it."

If it will lead to an all women's brand:

"Never say never; you could end up there... We're experimenting with a lot of different things as far as programming. But the women are a lot different. With the women, you hopefully have opportunities for a lot of these women to beef up the roster on RAW, Smackdown, NXT, and while it's still a work in progress, we have the intention to be in the United Kingdom as well.

"We want the women to have the same opportunity as the men to be everywhere. You don't need a separate show, as long as opportunities are everywhere. It makes it feel like less than for them."

Triple H also discussed the effect the tournament will have on women in the business, constantly tweaking the tournament and more. Check out the full interview at this link.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0830/630693/triple-h-on-if-mae-young-classic-will-lead-to-an-all-women-brand/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

They're just first round episodes, you expected them to go all out? Lol

Eh, I didn't care for the wrestling but I don't think it was that. The commentary really turned me off. Plus that's no excuse...the CWC had some fun first round matches (Ibushi/Maluta, Gargano/Psycho Killer).

I read reviews and the other three episodes don't sound much better.

Not surprising from Beardy

Lol true.

Eh, I didn't care for the wrestling but I don't think it was that. The commentary really turned me off. Plus that's no excuse...the CWC had some fun first round matches (Ibushi/Maluta, Gargano/Psycho Killer).

Not surprising from Beardy

Lol true.

Just watch the main events from all 4 episodes, those are all decent/good matches.

The talent level on the CWC was much higher than this.

The CWC was taped over a number of weeks though. All the MYC (except for the final match) was taped over two days so they can't really go all out. The main event of each episode is pretty solid though.

I agree about the commentary but I wasn't expecting much from it anyway.

Archived