Official Mae Young Classic Discussion Thread

E#37

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding Io Shirai what happened just moments ago.

Io retained her red belt in a match that went to a 30 minute draw so there is that. All signs point to her staying in Stardom at this point.

Edit: Mayu Iwatani just came out to challenge Io fo the red belt next so that could still happen before the Tournament.

TL;DR We still know nothing about the Io Shirai situation.

Io Shirai, one of the biggest womens wrestling stars in Japan, has accepted WWEs offer to join the company, Dave Meltzer reports.

Shirai, 27, is considered one of the top wrestlers in the Stardom promotion. She had previously attended a Performance Center tryout back in March, though WWE quickly wiped out all mentions of her in an accompanying article.

She has been speculated to come in since the beginning of the year when Meltzer mentioned WWE was interested in both her and Kairi Hojo.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/io-shirai-signs-with-wwe/

i have no idea about anyone outside WWE but I'm excited for this chick because everyone is hyped for her! One of the reasons I loved the UK and CWC tournaments is that I get exposed to new faces and talents!

I hate to be that guy but is JR a big women's wrestling guy? I always got the feeling that that was not really his thing. I know he's really against intergender matches, at least.

He'll be better then the king going "puppies" every few minutes

What year do you think this is?

Well it already happened what I thought will happen.

The wwe asked Kairi Hojo to change her finisher (top rope elbow drop) because Bayley is using a top rope elbow drop as her signature and sometimes as a finisher.

I really hate this stupid moveset restrictions, most of all since Kairis elbow drop is not only executed differently but also looks different to the one that bayley does.

I'm pretty sure that they will also ask Mia Yim and Io Shirai to change their finishers because both are using piledriver variations and as we know the wwe does only allow undertaker to execute a piledriver and no one else.

However, this is one of the women I would love to see in the tournament or at least on nxt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayXV5JcJ_KQ

To be fair, Io uses the tombstone as set up move. the Moosault is her main finisher. But that will most likely change as well.

Her variation Moonstomp would be cool but there is no way she will be allowed to do that in WWE.

I could see her Deadlift German Suplex becoming the finisher in WWE.

To be fair, Io uses the tombstone as set up move. the Moosault is her main finisher. But that will most likely change as well.

Her variation Moonstomp would be cool but there is no way she will be allowed to do that in WWE.

They will probably cut like 90% of her moveset.

Unless they will let her use the 619 Variation as her finisher which is actually one of her signatures rather.

Akira is already using the german suplex as his finisher so I doubt she will be allowed to use that one.

As about the piledriver I didn't meant the tombstone one, I meant the flipping one she also did in LU against Pentagon Dark. :)

They will probably cut like 90% of her moveset.

Unless they will let her use the 619 Variation as her finisher which is actually one of her signatures rather.

Akira is already using the german suplex as his finisher so I doubt she will be allowed to use that one.

As about the piledriver I didn't meant the tombstone one, I meant the flipping one she also did in LU against Pentagon Dark. :)

Ah, that one. Also known as the Canadian Destroyer in NA. Speaking of that move, Nixon Newell will of course have to drop her version, the Welsh Destroyer as well. I just hope she gets to keep The Shiniest Wizard.

Hopefully the WWE learns their lesson from the CWC in that last year they didn't sign ZSJ or Kota Ibushi.

WWE wanted to sign ZSJ... ZSJ didn't want to sign with them. Not sure about Ibushi. But I imagine they wanted him too.

Archived