Official WWE Payback Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to wrestlezone.com, Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman was originally planned to main event WWE Payback, and following Mondays Raw angle, will likely have a Stretcher or Ambulance Match stipulation added to it. WWE reportedly has a Braun Strowman vs. Brock Lesnar penciled in for June or July.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/stipulation-likely-for-reigns-vs-strowman-at-payback/

I'm starting to fear for Braun's future. Seems like they are having him go against people they are highly protective of and wouldn't let them lose easily. It's like they built Braun to make him the unstoppable monster that he is only to make people like Reigns and Lesnar look strong when they beat him.

This is all speculation and I hope I'm wrong.

5eih55.png

'Oh crap! We announced a new match type without knowing what it is.

Oh crap! We need to put this match on the Payback card cos we need a World title match.

Oh crap! Now we have even less time to come up with the concept.

Ah it's too hot today.'

This is why this forum needs a +1 feature.

I feel like this House of Horrors match is gonna be lame af.

Well if it's anything like the Ambrose Asylum you will be correct.
That's exactly what I was thinking about when the match was announced, lol. It always seems as though gimmick matches like this tend to be crappy...and that's not to mention the fact that Orton and Wyatt haven't had good matches together.
Gimmick matches aren't what they use to be. Ever since the WWE stopped showing blood cage and hitc are to unrealistic.

Wow didn't see that coming

In what world are PPV matches normally a surprise? The weekly shows build to PPV.

I have a slight feeling he was being sarcastic.

Exactly my point.

Not sure if the House of Horrors we see will be the same match, but according to E&C on their podcast, Michael Hayes apparently had a crazy idea years ago for a match of the same name for The Brood vs. The Hardy Boyz feud.

So since the US title is now the property of Smackdown Live and if Jericho wins, he will go to Smackdown Live... does this mean if Wyatt were to win the WWE title, he will also go to Smackdown Live?

Wow didn't see that coming

In what world are PPV matches normally a surprise? The weekly shows build to PPV.

I have a slight feeling he was being sarcastic.

And I have a slight feeling Vibe knew that. He was commenting on the fact that PPV matches are never a surprise anyway so a sarcastic comment like that is kinda redundant.

So since the US title is now the property of Smackdown Live and if Jericho wins, he will go to Smackdown Live... does this mean if Wyatt were to win the WWE title, he will also go to Smackdown Live?

I don't think Wyatt will win unfortunately but yeah, I guess what you said makes sense.

Archived