Fan passes away at WWE Live Event in Portland, Maine

Ziggy Vercetti

"Based on a report from WNW, a fan attending a WWE RAW Live Event in Portland passed away this evening. According to the report, a fan in the corner stands fell out of his seat to the floor as the second match of the night was beginning.

EMTs proceeded to clear the area as much as they could before moving the unidentified man out of the stands and to the nearest flat area of the arena, in front of the elevator specifically for handicapped use. The responders then began administering chest compressions for what was described as about twenty minutes. They then rushed the gentleman away on a stretcher.

As the EMTs were attempting to save the gentlemans life, police searched the mans chair and around it. Fans in attendance were said to be speculating that they were searching for drug paraphernalia.

Through an update given by an unnamed responder who was one of the first to respond to the fan when he fell down it has been learned that the unidentified gentleman has passed away.

Sportskeeda sends our sincerest condolences to the family and friends of the departed. Our thoughts are with you.

We will bring you more on this story as the information becomes available."

Source: Sportskeeda and WNW

RIP to the fan

There's any number of things that the police could have been searching his seat for, such as insulin. Sad to hear that a guy goes out to see WWE (presuming he's a fan - which is pretty safe to say) and doesn't make it back.

So he fell because he was on drugs?

It doesn't say that...at all.

It says that the cops were searching the area, and people speculated that's what they were looking for. Probably just protocol. You know...you're kind of supposed to investigate the area and make sure you aren't missing something important that might help save the person. IF they found drugs, that might be instrumental in resuscitating the person. Either way, the article never says that anything was found, or that an autopsy revealed anything, so let's not jump to conclusions that a dude who fell to his death was on drugs. That's pretty whack.

Anyway, stadium/arena seating is steep as hell. I always get vertigo when I go to a place like that.

I thought the same, then I thought I read it wrong...now I've read it again, and again, and I guess you're right. Well...it's written like shit. But, yeah...I guess he just fell out of his chair and died. Would be nice if they gave an age or something, though. I feel like speculating about overdose is not a cool thing to do without proof.

So he fell because he was on drugs?

It doesn't say that...at all.

It says that the cops were searching the area, and people speculated that's what they were looking for. Probably just protocol. You know...you're kind of supposed to investigate the area and make sure you aren't missing something important that might help save the person. IF they found drugs, that might be instrumental in resuscitating the person. Either way, the article never says that anything was found, or that an autopsy revealed anything, so let's not jump to conclusions that a dude who fell to his death was on drugs. That's pretty whack.

Anyway, stadium/arena seating is steep as hell. I always get vertigo when I go to a place like that.

Exactly.

Archived