Jim Ross' Wife Involved in Major Collision

classiq.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only solace I take is that it probably doesn't affect JR all that much - I mean nothing's going to give him his wife back. I mean yes you'd want someone punished for it, and maybe revenge.

I know I'd want death for anyone who killed a member of my family - but even then, it's still not going to bring them back.

Also that kid is going to be haunted by the life he took (if he's a semi decent human) for a moment of stupidity - (or an honest mistake, if he wasn't texting) and maybe that will work in terms of rehabilitation - better than any jail term.

Just a note to respect a car when you're controlling it - because in your hands is a potentially lethal weapon.

I wouldn't say that the guy deserves jail time, but, if he was texting and driving, I believe he should've had his license terminated, or at least suspended. If that wasn't the case, and it was just a tragic accident, then he doesn't deserve any punishment. Texting while driving is a very reckless thing to do, and if that was in fact what he was doing, than it is his responsibility.

He'd have got "Death by Dangerous driving" over here - which I believe now carries a custodial sentence up to life (25 years)

Tell that to the guy who killed my mums cousin, her fiance and unborn baby. That dude got 18 months.

But in any case I agree that if it was simply an accident, the guy shouldn't be punished aside from license revocation. However if he was texting and driving, then yes he certainly deserves jail time.

I wouldn't say that the guy deserves jail time, but, if he was texting and driving, I believe he should've had his license terminated, or at least suspended. If that wasn't the case, and it was just a tragic accident, then he doesn't deserve any punishment. Texting while driving is a very reckless thing to do, and if that was in fact what he was doing, than it is his responsibility.

Yeah. I expect people to bash you (and now me) for saying this but I don't think years of jail time would solve anything. Especially if the kid is decent and regrets what happened.

I know damn well that the regret of me accidentally killing somebody would be far worse than the punishment of say, a few years in jail.

Jan was driving at 9:33pm the night before when she was struck from behind by a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, which was driven by a 17-year-old male. Both the Mercury and Jans scooter caught fire but the male was not injured. Police also said the crash was under investigation.

there were also both going downhill my guess the kid just got his license riding at night accidentally rear-ended the scooter would cause it to catch fire this is pretty much all that's been reported on the whole case as far as I can tell it was just an accidental rear-ending that happens every day to have tragic results

I'm disregarding the texting part because Metzler is the only one who reported saying that it's not in any police report it's not any court records it's not in anything else

this is also why you should always wear a helmet

Austin, this involves a woman being killed in a tragic accident. Can you stop trying to be 'Mr. Contrary' and prove people wrong? It's *censored*ing disgusting and completely inappropriate. Just stop, for once.

Jan was driving at 9:33pm the night before when she was struck from behind by a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, which was driven by a 17-year-old male. Both the Mercury and Jans scooter caught fire but the male was not injured. Police also said the crash was under investigation.

there were also both going downhill my guess the kid just got his license riding at night accidentally rear-ended the scooter would cause it to catch fire this is pretty much all that's been reported on the whole case as far as I can tell it was just an accidental rear-ending that happens every day to have tragic results

I'm disregarding the texting part because Metzler is the only one who reported saying that it's not in any police report it's not any court records it's not in anything else

this is also why you should always wear a helmet

You should wear a helmet

He'd have got "Death by Dangerous driving" over here - which I believe now carries a custodial sentence up to life (25 years)

Tell that to the guy who killed my mums cousin, her fiance and unborn baby. That dude got 18 months.

But in any case I agree that if it was simply an accident, the guy shouldn't be punished aside from license revocation. However if he was texting and driving, then yes he certainly deserves jail time.

Jesus, sorry to hear that. I think they've just passed the new law.

Archived